• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Question Of The Day.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen one of his commercials.
Did not bother me as I don't pay attention to elebrities hawking products for a check.
I couldn't care less if J-lo is selling strawberry flavored disposable douche

Jell-O works as a douche???

Hmm...Not a product I need but whatev...

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If life were a time capsule what year, event or age would go back in time to change and why?

This will be the final question as things kick off tomorrow, and I will do something different next year.

I'd go back and hock everything for Apple, Google and Amazon stock.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If life were a time capsule what year, event or age would go back in time to change and why?

This will be the final question as things kick off tomorrow, and I will do something different next year.
I have been pondering this since posting and determined I would not have bullied people in my life. Money isn't at all important to me we were poor growing up the ole lady and I make decent cake and have learned there is happiness living within your means. Currently I try to make at least one person a day smile, laugh just something I do, it brings me joy and them a moment of happiness. So I guess I would just be a nicer more concerned youth even to the point of defending weaker kids from bullies.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK - How'd you figure that one out?... on second thought I withdraw the question.
Can't eat seafood, throat closes.
Can't eat mushrooms, mouth gets the flavor of dirty metal
Can't eat strawberries or anything with natural strawberry flavoring because I get huge hives on my forearms.

So I don't flavor my favorite treats with any of the above. There are some things that I've refused to give up eating on my diet and I've still lost 55 lbs.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was poor as a church mouse and asked my father in law if he'd lend me $10,000 to invest in an IPO. Had to buy 500 shares at $21.00.
I told him that I'd pay him back $100 a month for 10 years or he could split it with me and I's pay him back $100 a month for 5 years.
He hated computers because he said that they would put people out of work and refused.

If I could go back, I'd strangle his ass until he gave it to me. Today, that $10K would be worth about $17M

That was 1986, Oh yeah, the stock was Microsoft. When it took off, he would not allow a computer into his home. He died in 2010 at 88, computerless.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have serious question. And a serious statement. And a serious request.

On August 14th (Sat.) the wife and I are going for a little drive.

Itinerary: Manchester, NH to Canton, OH. Then Detroit, Indianapolis, Chicago, St. Louis, Memphis, Birmingham, AL, Chattanooga, Lexington, KY, Washington, DC/Baltimore back to Manchester. 3660 miles.

We are going to the Football HOF.

Any of you guys know of any unique or great places that we can stop along this drive? Serious stuff, I don't mind driving a couple of hundred extra miles off track if there is a place that the wife would really love. (HINT: Over the past year she bought and read (most of) the last 100 Pulitzer prize fiction novels and the top 100 classic fiction novels of all time. It's cost me more than this trip will cost for gas, food and lodging).

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, My brother lives in Signal Mountain, TN and we'll be stopping there for a side trip to Nashville.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Itinerary: Manchester, NH to Canton, OH. Then Detroit, Indianapolis, Chicago, St. Louis, Memphis, Birmingham, AL, Chattanooga, Lexington, KY, Washington, DC/Baltimore back to Manchester. 3660 miles.

Any of you guys know of any unique or great places that we can stop along this drive? Serious stuff, I don't mind driving a couple of hundred extra miles off track if there is a place that the wife would really love. (HINT: Over the past year she bought and read (most of) the last 100 Pulitzer prize fiction novels and the top 100 classic fiction novels of all time. It's cost me more than this trip will cost for gas, food and lodging).

BK If you got to Trip Advisor website and key in those cities / areas it will link you to all kinds of cool stuff, locations, food, hot spots etc...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK If you got to Trip Advisor website and key in those cities / areas it will link you to all kinds of cool stuff, locations, food, hot spots etc...
AAA gave me a bunch of state tourist books yeaterday.

I'm just asking if anyone had been anywhere around where we're going and knew of something worth taking a side trip for.

We plan to see Colts, Lions and Bears stadiums. On the way up the coast we'll go to the Titans, Washington, Ravens and Giant/Jets.

My son was supervising the crew that made all of the glass stadium panels for Detroit.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AAA gave me a bunch of state tourist books yeaterday.

I'm just asking if anyone had been anywhere around where we're going and knew of something worth taking a side trip for.

We plan to see Colts, Lions and Bears stadiums. On the way up the coast we'll go to the Titans, Washington, Ravens and Giant/Jets.

My son was supervising the crew that made all of the glass stadium panels for Detroit.
When in DC if you can the Spy Museum and Holocaust museum are pretty amazing. St. Louis LaCleedes Landing ( Think that's what it's called) was pretty cool but that was years ago it's down by the Arch

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know you don't drink, but I would suggest a distillery tour on the Bourbon Trail while near Lexington.
If you haven't already, Niagra Falls while on your way to Cleveland...Canton.
Lots of caves in KY if you are into that.
Tail of the Dragon.

See Rock City.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been pondering this since posting and determined I would not have bullied people in my life. Money isn't at all important to me we were poor growing up the ole lady and I make decent cake and have learned there is happiness living within your means. Currently I try to make at least one person a day smile, laugh just something I do, it brings me joy and them a moment of happiness. So I guess I would just be a nicer more concerned youth even to the point of defending weaker kids from bullies.
Yeah, we brought up that topic a while ago. That was my first thought but didn't want to pull the same answer.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, My brother lives in Signal Mountain, TN and we'll be stopping there for a side trip to Nashville.
Go see the Christmas morning blast site on 2nd Ave.
Country Music HOF.
The Ryman.
Grand ole Opry if you can.

Shoot me a text, Son is going off to college, daughter is starting High School, Soccer season will be going full bore...If we can make it work, I'll meet up with you in Nashville.
Unless you feel like visiting Fort Campbell and the museum on post?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next to the Nashville stadium is the Boot Barn.

NOTE: Many listings for things to do will possibly not yet have re-opened. Check before you travel!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we brought up that topic a while ago. That was my first thought but didn't want to pull the same answer.
If the answer fits you and where you are at it's not wrong.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK: You may want to reach out to Kraft before you head out so you can check out local massage parlors

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you don't drink, but I would suggest a distillery tour on the Bourbon Trail while near Lexington.
If you haven't already, Niagra Falls while on your way to Cleveland...Canton.
Lots of caves in KY if you are into that.
Tail of the Dragon.

See Rock City.
Thanks. I don't drink but I love distilleries.

We've already altered the trip back home and eliminated Washington. Decided to go to Gettysburg Memorial Park and Museum instead. We've been to DC on multiple occasions and I have to visit the wall out of respect for some close friends who are there. One of my best childhood friends is there and it rips my heart out. The one time I went to DC and didn't go to the site, I was so guilty I went back and apologized to every panel. Sounds sick, but that's who I am.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How smart are you?
Hint: If you're smart you won't answer.

Ranked: US States From Most To Least Brainy​

See where your state ranks for the quality of its schools and its rate of high achievers.

1. Massachusetts​

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I saw NH was 4th or 5th. At least in Math scores.