• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Question Of The Day.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is which is more important.
The answer is neither is more important than the other.
They cannot both be more important than the other.
I partially disagree with this context: You need some of both. I think playing against better competition showcases whatever stats a player has better. Fabulous stats against questionable opponents doesn't clearly demonstrate a complete ability.

But back to your comments YT and I believe your intent: You really can't separate the two. If a player sucks against great competition, who's going to say, "at least it was good competition he sucked at?" Then there's the great stats against inferior competition and wondering "was he was twice as good or three times as good?"

However, I do think it's a good question that could be modified "when weighting the two, which is more important.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I partially disagree with this context: You need some of both. I think playing against better competition showcases whatever stats a player has better. Fabulous stats against questionable opponents doesn't clearly demonstrate a complete ability.

But back to your comments YT and I believe your intent: You really can't separate the two. If a player sucks against great competition, who's going to say, "at least it was good competition he sucked at?" Then there's the great stats against inferior competition and wondering "was he was twice as good or three times as good?"

However, I do think it's a good question that could be modified "when weighting the two, which is more important.
Semantics.

Both are important.
Both cannot be more important than the other.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semantics.

Both are important.
I completely agree but semantics is often viewed as a negative when in reality it's a device that adds clarity and context. Of course semantics can be used to polarize and distort which is where the negatives arise...

As an example of weighting with stats and competition: If you give each factor 50% consideration you and give a player 10 points for each, then decide a grading system for each so the top stats against top competition would earn 20 points. Then the top stats against average competition would score 15 points...

I'm not saying this alone should be the basis of drafting. Clearly the raw combine metrics have a place too. I'd say the combine metrics show potential where as the stats/competition demonstrate the track record.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you care if the Olympics were gone forever?

I would not, its a shell of what it once was, there are asinine sports, and pro athletes competing the spirit of the games are gone and I have minimal interest. While I do watch if it was not an option I would not be bothered at all

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would not, its a shell of what it once was, there are asinine sports, and pro athletes competing the spirit of the games are gone and I have minimal interest. While I do watch if it was not an option I would not be bothered at all
I wouldn't miss them with the attitudes of today's athletes.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree but semantics is often viewed as a negative when in reality it's a device that adds clarity and context. Of course semantics can be used to polarize and distort which is where the negatives arise...

As an example of weighting with stats and competition: If you give each factor 50% consideration you and give a player 10 points for each, then decide a grading system for each so the top stats against top competition would earn 20 points. Then the top stats against average competition would score 15 points...

I'm not saying this alone should be the basis of drafting. Clearly the raw combine metrics have a place too. I'd say the combine metrics show potential where as the stats/competition demonstrate the track record.

Only one can be more important than the other under any given circumstance.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In my lifetime I have seen a lot f ups and downs. This is a downtime.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have any of you seen the Tom Brady Subway commercials?

"Gee Tom, I didn't think you ate bread."

"Aw come on, it a commercial."

Like every pro-Olympian, it's all about ""my"" brand.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have any of you seen the Tom Brady Subway commercials?
No.
He's a sell out now evidently.
I have more respect for a whore.
That sounds bad for the simple reason that I don't see any reason not to respect people on the simple grounds of selling sex.
I do find reason not to respect someone for telling me to do something they themselves would not.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That reads Like I would not watch his commercials...

I have not seen ANY Subway commercial or any other commercial.
I do not have OTA, Cable or Satellite TV in which to be bombarded with commercials.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only one can be more important than the other under any given circumstance.
Your second line negates your first.

I can say for certain I would not miss this version of the Olympics because I have yet to try and watch any of it. I'm fine with pro athletes competing, but only those where competing in the Olympics matters to their profession (Track and Field: Yes, Basketball: No).

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
School me.

Explain how both can be more important than the other.
It's a wild card situation. Each person evaluating decides a weighting where 1 might be "more" important as part of their weighting... But make no mistake, both are important and impact the overall grade together.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a wild card situation. Each person evaluating decides a weighting where 1 might be "more" important as part of their weighting... But make no mistake, both are important and impact the overall grade together.
Thank you.
While both are important and under certain situations one may be more important than the other, it is impossible that both can be more important than the other at the same time.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That reads Like I would not watch his commercials...

I have not seen ANY Subway commercial or any other commercial.
I do not have OTA, Cable or Satellite TV in which to be bombarded with commercials.
I have seen one of his commercials.
Did not bother me as I don't pay attention to elebrities hawking products for a check.
I couldn't care less if J-lo is selling strawberry flavored disposable douche

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If life were a time capsule what year, event or age would go back in time to change and why?

This will be the final question as things kick off tomorrow, and I will do something different next year.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If life were a time capsule what year, event or age would go back in time to change and why?

This will be the final question as things kick off tomorrow, and I will do something different next year.
I'd stop Honest Abe from being shot. He stopped the country from being divided and it came back stronger. It would be amazing to see what else may have been accomplished with 4 or 8 or 12 more years.