• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-season news 2024

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that... But he's not even getting garbage time snaps...
Yeah, so that's what led me to say the 2nd sentence in that post. Penny probably asks for his release if he continues to get zero reps. Or he twists an eyelash in practice and they cut him.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, so that's what led me to say the 2nd sentence in that post. Penny probably asks for his release if he continues to get zero reps. Or he twists an eyelash in practice and they cut him.
He would be a great fit in Detroit imo...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, sort of hard to blame Philly right now with the way Swift is running the ball. It wouldn't surprise me if Penny finishes the season with a different team.
I'm thinking Philly only signed Penny for if/ when Swift or Gainwell wear down or get banged up. He may see more snaps towards the second half of the season, imo. Of course, with that O-line, DJ Dallas would look like a good NFL RB.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks are 4th in the league in scoring with 29 points per game and that's great but even though they have the 4th best offense in the NFL they also have the 4th worst Defense giving up even MORE points than they have scored at 29.3. I remember how MANY here hated Norton as our DC even though we had the 12th ranked Defense in 2021 at 21.5 points per game, 15th ranked Defense in 2020 at 23.2 Points per game. That team was lacking any kind of depth on defense and had been hemorrhaging talent for years on defense.

I would give up a kidney to have Norton back as our DC because i have ZERO doubts he could get this very talented group of YOUNG players playing at a 20 PPG level or better. Yet i do not see ANY kind of hate here for Hurtts who is the WORST DC we have had in over 20 years! Maybe it's because so many of you realized how VERY WRONG you were about Norton and so now want to keep your mouth shut?

Anyway this team needs a New DC and it's not even debatable, He doesn't get these kids ready to play and unlike Norton he obviously can't teach them how to tackle.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos cut randy Gregory and may cut frank Clark as well.

If Clark does get cut, id take him back in a heart beat.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos cut randy Gregory and may cut frank Clark as well.

If Clark does get cut, id take him back in a heart beat.

Pending the cash I'd be fine taking Clark back and cutting Taylor all together.

For a team that FEASTED on MNF against a damaged Giants line, Taylor did fuck all. In fact he allowed Jones to beat him on one run because of (SURPRISE) a bad angle. Sucks we spent a 2nd rounder on Taylor but he needs to be gone. Hall is already playing at a higher level, and Clark on pass only downs provides more service than Taylor does.

Release Taylor, sign Clark at least for THIS season. I'd be fine with it. That said, Clark may not want to sign and I do NOT want Clark taking snaps away from Hall/Mafe because I think those two can be great for this team. Hall didn't record a sack, but he forced the Diggs INT and had multiple pressures on Jones.

Only reason I agree with you is I think Taylor is gone after this season. It's a lost cause. Clark helps us more now, and then do whatever next season. Both IMO would be gone after this season.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Clark at all... He's over the hill and I think the players we have are better than him... He's a shade of his former self...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For a team that FEASTED on MNF against a damaged Giants line, Taylor did fuck all. In fact he allowed Jones to beat him on one run because of (SURPRISE) a bad angle. Sucks we spent a 2nd rounder on Taylor but he needs to be gone. Hall is already playing at a higher level, and Clark on pass only downs provides more service than Taylor does.

Release Taylor, sign Clark at least for THIS season. I'd be fine with it. That said, Clark may not want to sign and I do NOT want Clark taking snaps away from Hall/Mafe because I think those two can be great for this team. Hall didn't record a sack, but he forced the Diggs INT and had multiple pressures on Jones.

Only reason I agree with you is I think Taylor is gone after this season. It's a lost cause. Clark helps us more now, and then do whatever next season. Both IMO would be gone after this season.
It's true Taylor hasn't done much of anything, yet some how he's done more than Clark. I don't want the Seahawks to make a move just to make a move, Hall/Mafe can take over Taylor spot.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true Taylor hasn't done much of anything, yet some how he's done more than Clark. I don't want the Seahawks to make a move just to make a move, Hall/Mafe can take over Taylor spot.

Fair. Can't disagree with this. Taylor has more upside just given the age...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Clark isn't worth even a look, imo. And I'm with you guys on Taylor. He doesn't need to be getting snaps. Hall and Mafe are far superior and are also better vs. the run.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Source: J. Adams may face discipline for outburst

Adams apologized to the Dr. and the league. He honestly shouldn't be disciplined for that, imo. It was pretty obvious that he was concussed and if any of you have had one, it really fucks up your ability to think straight in that moment. He also had the adrenaline going full tilt and the frustration is pretty understandable. I doubt the league officials are intelligent enough to recognize any of that though.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Release a 9.5 sack guy? Nah someone out there would give us something for him. Maybe a dozen eggs? All kidding aside yeah someone would cough up something for a 9.5 sack guy. Take what you can get, 5th? 6th? 7th? hell someone might throw out a 3rd because he DID produce 9.5 sacks in 2022. His football instincts and IQ are so bad how he got 9.5 sacks blows my mind. Even though still he DID produce and that could entice someone into thinking "we could make him better". Their ego could get the better of them.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There could legitimately be 5 Qbs taken in round one, maybe more but i think ewers and McCarthy stay one more year

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There could legitimately be 5 Qbs taken in round one, maybe more but i think ewers and McCarthy stay one more year

McCarthy staying one more year could lead him to being a top 10 pick if he keeps developing.

But a lot will depend on whether Harbaugh is staying or not.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GA qb Carson beck starting to get noticed as well, I hadn't heard his name at all until recently. Could be a late riser.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penix's side arm throw reminds me a lot of Mahomes... but I just don't think he can stay healthy.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penix's side arm throw reminds me a lot of Mahomes... but I just don't think he can stay healthy.
100% This. I don't think he is built right to last in the NFL. One AD Sack and he might break every bone in Penix's body.