• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Off Season Entertainment

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touchy...

I do not feel it should be illegal. But it should not be used as arbitrary birth control either.
Nor should it be so politicized.
While it is easy for some to get an abortion without a second thought, it is also easy for some to push a person in front of a train or shoot somebody that passed them on the highway.
It may also be the hardest thing a young girl ever does just to keep her father from beating her half to death on a semi daily basis because she got pregnant. The same father that has 7 kids with 4 women.

r*pe, ince$t, known deformities health and safety of the mother as well. All that.
I am sort of with on this. I also tend to feel that Pro Life voters tend to see it as a religious value and that it's a sin to take a life. Religion should play no part in this but it does. In the end I always support Pro Choice that IMO is democracy in action.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate abortion. Babies have as much rights as any other human.
I am a Christian, so of course that has an impact on how I think.
My 2nd wife had 2 abortions' as a young girl.
The pain she suffered whenever she looked at her 2 daughters and realized she had killed 2 others was a load she could not bear.
When she died, my oldest got pregnant. As you can imagine, she was very much against abortion.
She talked with her natural father, the one that had urged her mother to abort her 1st 2 pregnancies.
He told her to get an abortion, "Your mother and I would likely still be together if we had got an abortion instead of having you!

No the government should not have the final say. God has the final say.
God will forgive. When my wife was on her death bed. I witnessed a vision. After seeing this very profound vision,
I prayed that God would explain.
He showed me a vision of Jesus holding 2 children by the hand and saying to my wife, "This is what I have waiting for you!"
That is forgiveness!
How could I possibly be pro-abortion after my own experiences?
You had a vision? Wow

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had a vision? Wow
Yes I did. I'm nothing special and don't deserve it.
I have no idea why God would reveal a vision to me, but it was his choice.
I have had other visions but I am uncomfortable posting it on the internet.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I did. I'm nothing special and don't deserve it.
I have no idea why God would reveal a vision to me, but it was his choice.
I have had other visions but I am uncomfortable posting it on the internet.
I think that is amazing when people say that, I refuse to disbelieve them but am torn on whether or not there is a God.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is amazing when people say that, I refuse to disbelieve them but am torn on whether or not there is a God.
I would have no excuse.
I spent my 1st 40 years not knowing if there was a god.
I even had "agnostic" stamped on my dogtags. I had to spell it for them.
God has decided I need strong messages. Getting hit by lightning in 1982 did not do it!
I certainly was not quick to believe. My deceased wife said of me, "if anyone will never be saved, _____won't. She was wrong!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consider this.

Woman goes to an abortion clinic to abort a fetus. Pro-lifer walks in and shoots her. The woman survives, the fetus dies.

Result? Man is charged with second degree murder of the fetus. Why is that? Mom was there to to dump it off and the man committed a crime in assault with a deadly weapon. He actually performed the abortion for her. Maybe not medically sterile, but the result was the same.

As far as religion is concerned, most liberals tend to be a bit agnostic and lean more to the "Prove it and I'll consider it" side of the fence. Makes them more comfortable about dealing with things like this. On the other side, all laws are based on religion. Primarily the Ten Commandments. When Moses came off the mountain with the tablets and had gone from a dark haired young man to an old man with white hair, people tended to take notice, considering there were no hair salons around the area. Those ten statements have been the basis of all law from libel and slander to murder. Matters not what religion you are, if you have a belief of something or someone beyond this plane of life, then you find comfort in the ten basic rules.

Death is something that few of us have ever dealt with. Other than the passing of a family member or friend, most of us rarely think about it. Others, I included, have dealt with it directly and to this day, I have some guilt about whether every life I ended was actually necessary. My only repose is that I was not in a position at the time to sit back and analyze whether or not I would participate. All of my reaction and feelings have been after the fact. The greatest comfort in my life was that made a deal. I hadn't slept for more than an hour or a two for at least a month. I went to the chapel and and put the deal before the source I call God. "I promise never to kill another living thing if you will allow me one night of sleep." The left the chapel, had some spaghetti and meat sauce, laid down and slept for fourteen hours. When I woke up, I showered, walked into my Commanding Officers office and turned in my crew wings. Today this day, I ask forgiveness when I swat a mosquito. Have to keep my promise.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very conservative.
I didn't get it! I left college a liberal.
Life made me a conservative - one who understands how liberals think......
Nobody ever understands how someone else thinks...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consider this.

Woman goes to an abortion clinic to abort a fetus. Pro-lifer walks in and shoots her. The woman survives, the fetus dies.

Result? Man is charged with second degree murder of the fetus. Why is that? Mom was there to to dump it off and the man committed a crime in assault with a deadly weapon. He actually performed the abortion for her. Maybe not medically sterile, but the result was the same.

As far as religion is concerned, most liberals tend to be a bit agnostic and lean more to the "Prove it and I'll consider it" side of the fence. Makes them more comfortable about dealing with things like this. On the other side, all laws are based on religion. Primarily the Ten Commandments. When Moses came off the mountain with the tablets and had gone from a dark haired young man to an old man with white hair, people tended to take notice, considering there were no hair salons around the area. Those ten statements have been the basis of all law from libel and slander to murder. Matters not what religion you are, if you have a belief of something or someone beyond this plane of life, then you find comfort in the ten basic rules.

Death is something that few of us have ever dealt with. Other than the passing of a family member or friend, most of us rarely think about it. Others, I included, have dealt with it directly and to this day, I have some guilt about whether every life I ended was actually necessary. My only repose is that I was not in a position at the time to sit back and analyze whether or not I would participate. All of my reaction and feelings have been after the fact. The greatest comfort in my life was that made a deal. I hadn't slept for more than an hour or a two for at least a month. I went to the chapel and and put the deal before the source I call God. "I promise never to kill another living thing if you will allow me one night of sleep." The left the chapel, had some spaghetti and meat sauce, laid down and slept for fourteen hours. When I woke up, I showered, walked into my Commanding Officers office and turned in my crew wings. Today this day, I ask forgiveness when I swat a mosquito. Have to keep my promise.
You think I come here to rag on you, I don't. These words are tremendous, well thought out and, to me, personal and authentic. Even if I disagreed with any of this I would not comment because you are delivering your "truth" and have clearly vetted that truth...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you could move forward or backward through time which era would you like to be a young man / woman in? If the future paint the picture of how you see the future being.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you could move forward or backward through time which era would you like to be a young man / woman in? If the future paint the picture of how you see the future being.
For me it would be the 1940s. We had just got past the great depression so things are okay financially, the music I feel the 40s surpasses the 70s when it comes to music, cars were still cool and woman were loose. Yeah I know of the pending war but I somehow survive that.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, a different time would be being born a post war baby. That would put me right in the thick of the muscle car era with money to burn!!

My first choice would actually be same time, April 1966 and just have the ability to do it all over again. Would I do things different? Well, yeah I would buy those Apple/Amazon/Google/Microsoft stocks, but short of that...

I would ask my wife to marry me sooner.
I would be more studious.
I would never smoke.
I would drink less. Less often.
I would be nicer to people that deserved to have others be nice to them.
I would not take the shit of bullies.
I would just enjoy more people and places and activities.

Born in the '60's, growing up in the '70's, becoming a man in the '80's...well maybe 2000's....was absolutely the best time to grow up.

I was exposed to the 60's music, cars fashion, learned to love music in the 70's, and appreciated the styles and technological advances while still being a free range kid, which was just expounded in the '80's. OK, so maybe some of the styles were questionable. But electronic advances, advances in general living and working conditions were improving steadily, the economy was good, outlook was good. I can appreciate still cordless phones, color TV's, power windows, fuel injection and central air and not take them for granted.

Ahh...'70's bell bottoms and tube tops...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me weird but I am happy with the time I was born.
Wouldn't trade it for any other time in history.

Now if I could be 21 again, I'd be all over it!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me weird but I am happy with the time I was born.
Wouldn't trade it for any other time in history.

Now if I could be 21 again, I'd be all over it!
Wouldn't we all? I would spend more than one weekend with that hot Puerto Rican chick that rocked my world.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do only a couple of things different.

I would go back and buy a $10,000 block of opening day offering of Microsoft.

I would go back and beg, borrow or steal every friggin cent I could scrape together and buy as much of the initial offering of Amazon as I could.

Other than that, I'm good.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do only a couple of things different.

I would go back and buy a $10,000 block of opening day offering of Microsoft.

I would go back and beg, borrow or steal every friggin cent I could scrape together and buy as much of the initial offering of Amazon as I could.

Other than that, I'm good.
Wasn't really the question but it seems you have a great fondness for wealth

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't really the question but it seems you have a great fondness for wealth
Never been wealthy. Have been dirt poor and really didn't like it. Spent my entire life buying what I needed and never what I wanted. I'm very comfortable now but would love to be able to be stupidly luxurious for the remainder.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been wealthy. Have been dirt poor and really didn't like it. Spent my entire life buying what I needed and never what I wanted. I'm very comfortable now but would love to be able to be stupidly luxurious for the remainder.
Weren't you the guy talking about buying a boat to sail out your retirement?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definetely backward. Any generation. Ok maybe not the 1920s.

But the way things have been going this past decade, no way would I want any part of being born recently or in the future.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was thinking the same thing.
I could have gone after the big bucks but it was never a big motivational factor for me.
I'm now old and I can relate to "a little more"
I too am older but still hate money don't care about having a lot of it.