• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Off Season Entertainment

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each division gets a new team what city, what team name and what team colors?
How about we replace one team from each division with a new team and city...

First one's easy... Bye Bye Jets, We'll give NYC a new team.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we replace one team from each division with a new team and city...

First one's easy... Bye Bye Jets, We'll give NYC a new team.
So reduce the teams? Jets are gone forever?

Bye Bye Lions I have become a Lions fan and follow them when I can but if we take the Premiere League Approach they should no longer be playing

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFCE: Location Charleston, SC. Charleston Wasps, Black & Gold

AFCN: St. Louis, MO St. Louis Legionnaires Scarlett, Blue & White

AFCS: Birmingham AL Birmingham Barbarians Maroon and Brown

AFCW: Casper WY Casper Troopers Royal Blue and Brilliant Gold

NFCE: Lexington KY Lexington Locomotive Black, Teal & Cream

NFCN: Hartford, CT Hartford Ghosts White. Gray, Cherry

NFCS; San Antonio, TX San Antonio Scorpions Sand and Dark Brown

NFCW: Salt Lake Spartans Chartreuse, Green and Yellow

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFCE: Location Charleston, SC. Charleston Wasps, Black & Gold

AFCN: St. Louis, MO St. Louis Legionnaires Scarlett, Blue & White

AFCS: Birmingham AL Birmingham Barbarians Maroon and Brown

AFCW: Casper WY Casper Troopers Royal Blue and Brilliant Gold

NFCE: Lexington KY Lexington Locomotive Black, Teal & Cream

NFCN: Hartford, CT Hartford Ghosts White. Gray, Cherry

NFCS; San Antonio, TX San Antonio Scorpions Sand and Dark Brown

NFCW: Salt Lake Spartans Chartreuse, Green and Yellow
Ghosts is good name fans and the team could have a lot of fun with that

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So another school shooting guess we know what today's topic will be.

Is it time for America to regulate weapons issuance and usage?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well here is my take, Yes, hell Yes!

Second Amendment
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Seeing as the NRA is not a militia but an organization I feel most gun owners in America are not part of a well regulated militia, and I damn sure feel they are not necessary to the security of a free state. There is no way our forefathers could have envisioned the advancement in weaponry when this was written. They could not have envisioned how out of control this has become. Now I know some moron is about to say "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" that may be true but that does not mean people should have easy access to the types of weapons that can easily kill masses in a short period of time.

So how do we manage and already out of control situation? We can't just walk up to peoples homes and say please sir we need all your automatic weapons. Won't work!
1. Start by regulating the sale of bullets and bullet making materials. Sure we know most likely people with these weapons probably have thousands of rounds on hand but we do not need to make easier for them to get more.
2. Very harsh penalties for use of weapons or sale of weapons that we not done legally. I would start with 5 years imprisonment and confiscation of all fire arms.
3. Control illegal trade / black market sellers and purchasers of weapons on the black market if caught will serve a term in prison no lesser than 25 years.
4. Hired security in our school systems will this cost the taxpayers more? Yep but it seems things are not getting better.

This is a problem that seems very unique to America that being said I feel it safe to assume it's very much because of the second amendment. I also fear we may be well past the point of no return in this matter.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here is my take, Yes, hell Yes!

Second Amendment
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Seeing as the NRA is not a militia but an organization I feel most gun owners in America are not part of a well regulated militia, and I damn sure feel they are not necessary to the security of a free state. There is no way our forefathers could have envisioned the advancement in weaponry when this was written. They could not have envisioned how out of control this has become. Now I know some moron is about to say "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" that may be true but that does not mean people should have easy access to the types of weapons that can easily kill masses in a short period of time.

So how do we manage and already out of control situation? We can't just walk up to peoples homes and say please sir we need all your automatic weapons. Won't work!
1. Start by regulating the sale of bullets and bullet making materials. Sure we know most likely people with these weapons probably have thousands of rounds on hand but we do not need to make easier for them to get more.
2. Very harsh penalties for use of weapons or sale of weapons that we not done legally. I would start with 5 years imprisonment and confiscation of all fire arms.
3. Control illegal trade / black market sellers and purchasers of weapons on the black market if caught will serve a term in prison no lesser than 25 years.
4. Hired security in our school systems will this cost the taxpayers more? Yep but it seems things are not getting better.

This is a problem that seems very unique to America that being said I feel it safe to assume it's very much because of the second amendment. I also fear we may be well past the point of no return in this matter.
There are two important contexts with regard to the second amendment. The first you have noted which adds "being necessary to the security of a free state". The second is the fact the constitution itself is a document designed to keep control of the government. In order to secure the people from the government the people need tanks, missiles and any number of other assault resources they are not allowed to have... The entire second amendment itself is not predicated exclusively on guns and there's no definition for exactly what "arms means". Additionally, in most circumstances there are no plans for using arms as a means to secure the country. The scary part are those who most closely meet the "militia" definition seem to be the biggest extremists.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are two important contexts with regard to the second amendment. The first you have noted which adds "being necessary to the security of a free state". The second is the fact the constitution itself is a document designed to keep control of the government. In order to secure the people from the government the people need tanks, missiles and any number of other assault resources they are not allowed to have... The entire second amendment itself is not predicated exclusively on guns and there's no definition for exactly what "arms means". Additionally, in most circumstances there are no plans for using arms as a means to secure the country. The scary part are those who most closely meet the "militia" definition seem to be the biggest extremists.
I think I follow and agree. We understand the Army, Navy Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, and Space Force are regulated militias and arms of any means are required for the security of a free state. I feel its important that no group can get together at the VFW and proclaim they are a well regulated militia, I feel this is where the US Govt has to have control and that no group of peoples can self proclaim they are a militia

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I follow and agree. We understand the Army, Navy Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, and Space Force are regulated militias and arms of any means are required for the security of a free state. I feel its important that no group can get together at the VFW and proclaim they are a well regulated militia, I feel this is where the US Govt has to have control and that no group of peoples can self proclaim they are a militia
This actually falls more in line with the National Guard. They are a state agency under control of the Govenor.

After that it gets into Title X (Federal) and Title 32 (National Guard/state) and what they can and can not do.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I blame electronics and social media.
Lack of family structure and faith as a value.

The reason he went to an elementary school is because it was a soft target, people who could not defend themselves.
There is plenty of regulation that is not utilized.
Start there.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This actually falls more in line with the National Guard. They are a state agency under control of the Govenor.

After that it gets into Title X (Federal) and Title 32 (National Guard/state) and what they can and can not do.
I assumed in meant State not as in a State but a condition?????

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame electronics and social media.
Lack of family structure and faith as a value.

The reason he went to an elementary school is because it was a soft target, people who could not defend themselves.
There is plenty of regulation that is not utilized.
Start there.
Wow to me that seems a stretch. Not sure what faith has to do with it when I consider all the deaths and rapes that have occurred in the name of god / religion.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then you have a system where only the rich and elite are afforded the ability to enjoy a sport or defend themselves.

Sure. There are already harsh penalties that are not enforced. Liberal DA's and SA's that let criminals go.

Control it how? Again, Liberal Attorneys who let people go.

Good idea, or more sheriffs deputies.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then you have a system where only the rich and elite are afforded the ability to enjoy a sport or defend themselves.

Sure. There are already harsh penalties that are not enforced. Liberal DA's and SA's that let criminals go.

Control it how? Again, Liberal Attorneys who let people go.

Good idea, or more sheriffs deputies.

How are only the rich and elite be able to afford it? It's a ban period not based on income. I don't agree there are harsh enough penalties in place and this has nothing to with liberals or SA. Control by agency enforcement. The govt has to dig deeper into finding these groups more funding at all levels if need be. And when I say unique to America it should have been obvious to all this is a much larger scale issue in the US than anywhere else. Not to say it can't occur in other place but not with the regularity it occurs here.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow to me that seems a stretch. Not sure what faith has to do with it when I consider all the deaths and rapes that have occurred in the name of god / religion.
Electronics and social media. So many kids these days are buried in their phones or playing call of duty on line. They are not socializing with other kids there own age. I talk to other parents and their kids isolate themselves from family members while posting on social media. Because so many parents joined facebook in the '90's they taught by example. Because there is the isolation from others, attitudes and emotions are held back from others face to face. Until it is too late. People are not getting mental help, or even committed as needed, because they do not have interaction with others.
Faith. Because many people need a crutch. Some need a god, some need a drink, some need a good work out.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are only the rich and elite be able to afford it? It's a ban period not based on income. I don't agree there are harsh enough penalties in place and this has nothing to with liberals or SA. Control by agency enforcement. The govt has to dig deeper into finding these groups more funding at all levels if need be. And when I say unique to America it should have been obvious to all this is a much larger scale issue in the US than anywhere else. Not to say it can't occur in other place but not with the regularity it occurs here.
Oh, ban bullets. OK.

I'm done here.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Electronics and social media. So many kids these days are buried in their phones or playing call of duty on line. They are not socializing with other kids there own age. I talk to other parents and their kids isolate themselves from family members while posting on social media. Because so many parents joined facebook in the '90's they taught by example. Because there is the isolation from others, attitudes and emotions are held back from others face to face. Until it is too late. People are not getting mental help, or even committed as needed, because they do not have interaction with others.
Faith. Because many people need a crutch. Some need a god, some need a drink, some need a good work out.
So we have a parenting problem in America I agree. Parents can tell kids, NO Phone, No Gaming etc... My kid earned those privileges. He was awarded a specific time frame for completing assigned tasks, he could accumulate time and use if during the week or in one stint on the weekend. Example chores completed 30 minutes each chore, homework completed 30 minutes per assignment. Tasks handled that we not assigned may award an hour. He would save his minutes to game of Friday or Sat night. He also did Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Martial Arts, Drum lesson etc