• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Off Season Entertainment

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the mood for a burger and on the road. Are you more inclined to spend $20.00 on a joint like In N Out, Five Guys, Smashburger or $10.00 at Wendy's, Burger King, Mc Donalds?
If I want a burger and In and Out is available, I'll stop there.
I don't usually stop for a burger because I'm like Pavlov's dog. I become hungry just because I'm travelling.
That's why they put those big signs up and you know every ramp what foods are there.
I'd much rather have a snack like beef sticks or beef jerky. I am picky so I wont just grab them because I am at a gas station.....
Wendy's used to be better.
Burger King makes me sick - every time!
McDonalds is good for a Filet of Fish but there burgers are crap.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I want a burger and In and Out is available, I'll stop there.
I don't usually stop for a burger because I'm like Pavlov's dog. I become hungry just because I'm travelling.
That's why they put those big signs up and you know every ramp what foods are there.
I'd much rather have a snack like beef sticks or beef jerky. I am picky so I wont just grab them because I am at a gas station.....
Wendy's used to be better.
Burger King makes me sick - every time!
McDonalds is good for a Filet of Fish but there burgers are crap.
I agree 100% I miss In n Out

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have Taco Smell, Bugger King and Popeyes here. Cant buy a good burger.
Closest is 5 guys at 45 miles or whataburger at 30 miles.

Popeyes chicken is always perfect, even if the fries aren't always hot and fresh.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the mood for a burger and on the road. Are you more inclined to spend $20.00 on a joint like In N Out, Five Guys, Smashburger or $10.00 at Wendy's, Burger King, Mc Donalds?
$20

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing could beat the chicken sandwich Wendy's served about 20 years ago, and also the one at KFC at that time. I'm not really thrilled with any of them anymore. Within the past two years I've had offerings from Chick Filet, Popeyes, Wendy's and KFC, all just meh.
You need to move if your Popeyes sandwich isn't good!
Chickfila used to be good before pandemic. They are struggling with freshness at many locations now.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never have had an IN and Out burger. We are getting one here in the Boise area soon though. Smash Burger I love. But then I don't mind a Big Mac or Whopper either.

Not a fan of Chick FIL a. They have like 4 options to choose from. But it is by far the busiest fast food place around here.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never have had an IN and Out burger. We are getting one here in the Boise area soon though. Smash Burger I love. But then I don't mind a Big Mac or Whopper either.

Not a fan of Chick FIL a. They have like 4 options to choose from. But it is by far the busiest fast food place around here.
In N Out is basically the chain that inspired Smashburger, Five Guys and others. I can't say they are the best but more the originator. Five Guys on the right coast is a direct copy / spinoff off In N Out. When I lived in Calif I loved them. Cali also had a place called El Pollo Loco man that joint was a fave of mine.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In N Out is basically the chain that inspired Smashburger, Five Guys and others. I can't say they are the best but more the originator. Five Guys on the right coast is a direct copy / spinoff off In N Out. When I lived in Calif I loved them. Cali also had a place called El Pollo Loco man that joint was a fave of mine.
Yeah, "The Crazy Chicken" has been around for at least thirty years. I never "lived" in Cali, but traveled and stayed there for work enough that I feel like I lived there..

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, "The Crazy Chicken" has been around for at least thirty years. I never "lived" in Cali, but traveled and stayed there for work enough that I feel like I lived there..
They offer healthier options IMO and chicken is very flavorful

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never had nor seen of smashburger until today.
Chick fila is not for everybody. My wife is a carolina girl and we ate there a lot but Popeyes is better.
5 guys has good fries, burger is good but not as good as In and Out.
Whataburger is good but salty.
Nobody bringing up Whitecastle but they have a loyal crowd

in and Out is still the best. My wife doesn't like them on general principle - because the are from California.

I was sentenced to California several times in my life. In and Out is the only thing left that is any good!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to aet at el Pollo Loco when I was in California. It was just food. Not a bad lunch!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to aet at el Pollo Loco when I was in California. It was just food. Not a bad lunch!
Yeah it's a healthier tastier option, not sure what they do to that chicken I suspect some MoJo marinade.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the trips I've taken back and forth to Florida since December, I've become a snack driver.

I'm diabetic and have to watch my blood sugar. I drink Diet caffeine free coke or pepsi so my supplements are either peanut butter and cheese crackers or Hersey's nuggets. We stop every four hours to gas up, pee and grab whatever snack catches our fancy. We quit after 10 hours at the next exit with lodging and whatever is near the hotel gets my dinner dollars unless it's a Waffle House or McD's etc. Has to be a sit down eatery.

I like hampton Inns because I get Hilton points and they always have a decent breakfast selection. Best of all, it's usually served at 6:00 am which allows me to be back on the road by 6;30 or worst case, 7;00 am. If I'm lucky 6-10 am drive, stop, 10:30-2:30 drive, stop, 3-5 drive, stop for the night.
I try not to figure more than 60 miles traveled in an hour because of traffic and weird stuff. 10 hours = 600 miles.

Since I'll be Driving a 15" u=Haul truck on the 29th from NH to FL, and gas is over $4.60 a gallon, I'll be stocking up on snacks at Walmart and have an ice cooler on the passenger seat and not the wife.