• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Off Season Entertainment

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question Of The Day: Favorite Type of fry.

For me shoestring
Seems obvious but my answer is Good. It hard to find a good fry period, so if it's thick cut and good, or shoe string and good, or waffle cut and good.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I know I can't take both!

Love them both but ex-wife loved Skynard so I'll go with Tuesday Afternoon!
I never really liked Skynard to necky for me

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Met my first snake yesterday. My sister in law is looking to buy a place in Florida and there was an Open House so the wife and I stopped to look. Very nice but not worth $521K. I went out onto the lanai and there was a huge gecko on the screen door and against the wall was a baby black snake. The realtor (man) said that it looked dead. I took one step toward it and it took off and the realtor nearly ran over my wife getting out. He said that is could be poisonous. As we left the house I asked him if he was going to tell the people that were stopping by, not to go out to the lanai because there was a snake living out there? Not the best point of sale for an open house but he had four more hours that people could look.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Met my first snake yesterday. My sister in law is looking to buy a place in Florida and there was an Open House so the wife and I stopped to look. Very nice but not worth $521K. I went out onto the lanai and there was a huge gecko on the screen door and against the wall was a baby black snake. The realtor (man) said that it looked dead. I took one step toward it and it took off and the realtor nearly ran over my wife getting out. He said that is could be poisonous. As we left the house I asked him if he was going to tell the people that were stopping by, not to go out to the lanai because there was a snake living out there? Not the best point of sale for an open house but he had four more hours that people could look.
Just leave them alone and they will leave you alone. Snakes don't want to attack humans. We're too large for them. They also don't care for noise (actually vibrations) chances are he/she is long gone.

Are you on social media? You may be able to find a local snake chat room. They're very helpful in identifying snakes as well as answering questions. I belong to a few here.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The black snake is good to have around, the ward of other snakes and eat other stuff you may not want around.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is it, non venomous and eats venomous snakes.
Good to have around.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is it, non venomous and eats venomous snakes.
Good to have around.

That's him.

He had round eyes and I was told a long time ago that round eyed snakes are non-venomous. Then again, I've never paid much attention to snakes because 99% of them that live in NE are not deadly. Now that I'm living in a place that has thirteen or fourteen varieties of bad asses, I'll be a bit more cautious.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moody Blues and non-venomous snakes.

Snakes are another good reason to keep your dogs and cats inside.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black snakes are not poisonous but they are plentiful this time of year. Males looking for females......
Leave a pile of brush in the backyard this time of year and there will be 1-2 snakes in it by morning......

1656348182749.png

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morality Question: I knew a guy use to get the old Food Stamps. He stated what he was given was not enough to support his family so two weekends of the month he would set up and sell BBQ. The money he would make from the BBQ would often more than double what he got in stamps.

Do you feel this is morally wrong or are you okay with it?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morality Question: I knew a guy use to get the old Food Stamps. He stated what he was given was not enough to support his family so two weekends of the month he would set up and sell BBQ. The money he would make from the BBQ would often more than double what he got in stamps.

Do you feel this is morally wrong or are you okay with it?
At that end of the income scale, anything you can do to improve family conditions is admirable - not just acceptable!

I was very poor. I'd hate to be judged for some of the things I did as a young man.
I poched deer. Sold avacados off other people's trees, etc.