• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OBJ trade rumors

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a mid 1st and 3rd and comparing the ABrown situation with Odell pretty much says you have no idea the logic of value
funny thing is, the 3rd round pick is the second 3rd round pick they own- the one they got from the PAtriots for Danny Shelton

its the last pick of the 3rd round....browns kept their own 3rd rounder.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were at $80M.
After Zeitler trade it was around $70M or so.

Added Odell. I think Odell’s cap number is being paid by the Giants.
Added Richardson. $13M/yr
Added Perriman $4M/yr

Either way they are at $50M - 60M still and can still give Earl a contract and young players in future big contracts
This is what happens when you hit on your QB on his rookie deal. They will have a 4-5 year window to go for it

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe they actually did it. He was a petulant asshole, but he was an extremely talented petulant asshole.

Someone needs to tell Gettleman you can't do a true rebuild with a 38 year old QB clearly in decline.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants were set to send a fourth-round pick – No. 132 overall — to the Browns, who would trade a fifth-round pick — No. 155 overall — along with Zeitler. Art Stapleton of NorthJersey.com reports that those picks will now stay put in light of the agreement on the Beckham trade.

In the end, that means the Giants will be sending Beckham and Vernon to Cleveland and getting back the No. 17 overall pick, the No. 95 overall pick, Zeitler and safety Jabrill Peppers.

:L

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That dead cap space is brutal, too. $24m from OBJ and Vernon.

"Because the Giants are eating the $20 million signing bonus on Beckham's deal, the Browns are getting a relative bargain as part of this contract. Cleveland essentially has OBJ signed on a five-year, $77 million pact with $19.5 million guaranteed, all but $2.75 million of which comes this season. From the Browns' perspective, his deal averages $15.4 million per season. He's owed $47 million over the next three seasons, which is less than Sammy Watkins -- an inferior wide receiver with far less of a track record -- received in unrestricted free agency last year."

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Because the Giants are eating the $20 million signing bonus on Beckham's deal, the Browns are getting a relative bargain as part of this contract. Cleveland essentially has OBJ signed on a five-year, $77 million pact with $19.5 million guaranteed, all but $2.75 million of which comes this season. From the Browns' perspective, his deal averages $15.4 million per season. He's owed $47 million over the next three seasons, which is less than Sammy Watkins -- an inferior wide receiver with far less of a track record -- received in unrestricted free agency last year."
My guess is his contract gets re-done a la Antonio Brown's. Hopefully it doesn't get out of hand.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are clearly in tank mode and for that reason the trade may make some sense. You want to stockpile draft picks moving forward to rebuild. What baffles me is signing OBD to such a big deal only to trade him Was that that the plan all along?. A stupid plan IMO if you knowingly signed a player with the intent to eat dead money it just does not make any sense.

Eli Manning is a shell of what he used to be. He now a average to below average QB on an obviously very bad team. He is only going to be a placeholder until they draft the QB of the future. The Giants are either going to draft Haskins this year if he falls to them and I believe he will or the plan is to tank and get one of the top QB's in the 2020 draft which early reports show to be Tua Tagovailoa (Alabama) and Justin Hebert (Oregon).

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are clearly in tank mode and for that reason the trade may make some sense. You want to stockpile draft picks moving forward to rebuild. What baffles me is signing OBD to such a big deal only to trade him Was that that the plan all along?. A stupid plan IMO if you knowingly signed a player with the intent to eat dead money it just does not make any sense.

Eli Manning is a shell of what he used to be. He now a average to below average QB on an obviously very bad team. He is only going to be a placeholder until they draft the QB of the future. The Giants are either going to draft Haskins this year if he falls to them and I believe he will or the plan is to tank and get one of the top QB's in the 2020 draft which early reports show to be Tua Tagovailoa (Alabama) and Justin Hebert (Oregon).
If they're not sold on a QB this year, they could use those picks in the first to bolster the defense and add a new WR to replace OBJ. Odds are they'd be sitting in a great spot to grab one of the QBs in 2020, and at that point they'd still have Barkley for at least 3 more years. It wouldn't be the worst position to be in, I guess.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, the Giants handled getting rid of OBJ badly overall... going back a good period of time. They shouldn't have signed him long term if they didn't want him to be a marquee, long term player on their team.

The overall actions of the Giants regarding OBJ reflect (IMO) discord within the organization itself... some people were probably high on Beckham... some were probably fed up... and they tore in different directions. Ultimately, they got rid of him (obviously).

That being said: I don't see the deal as badly as most do. We have to keep in mind that OBJ was the highest paid WR in football... that weighs into the scenario.

Furthermore: I was in the "FED UP" camp regarding Odell... not only the attitude/antics... but I do not want OBJ as the leader of my franchise, and perhaps most importantly: I believe Beckham Jr is a significant injury risk.

The way Odell plays is dependent on acceleration. He has to be a finely tuned machine in order to have the top impact that he is capable of being.

So any hammy issue... any ankle... anything like that... he is not the big money player you need him to be. Given his frame, I just don't like the risk of relying on him to stay healthy.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're not sold on a QB this year, they could use those picks in the first to bolster the defense and add a new WR to replace OBJ. Odds are they'd be sitting in a great spot to grab one of the QBs in 2020, and at that point they'd still have Barkley for at least 3 more years. It wouldn't be the worst position to be in, I guess.
I think they are not sold on either QB. I am not, sold on either of them. They will be a dumpster fire next season. They will be drafting their next QB in the 2020 draft. If they are smart, they use these picks to start getting pieces for that player.
As an Eagles fan, I am going to enjoy watching that mess next season.