• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

O.T. State the last movie you watched and rate it

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many episodes is it, like 60? I guess I'll be back by the time spring training starts....
Tell me if/when you get to S2 Episode 10. I started rewatching it a year or so ago and got there before suspending it in favor of shows I haven't seen. When you get there, I'll go back to rewatching it so we can be on the same page. There's so much bad-assness I've forgotten.

I'm currently rewatching The Wire. On S2 E11.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me if/when you get to S2 Episode 10. I started rewatching it a year or so ago and got there before suspending it in favor of shows I haven't seen. When you get there, I'll go back to rewatching it so we can be on the same page. There's so much bad-assness I've forgotten.

I'm currently rewatching The Wire. On S2 E11.
Word

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wire S2: 4.5/5 stars. The first time through the series, this was my least favorite season. I have yet to watch the final three seasons again, but that will probably remain true. Still, I enjoyed it more on a rewatch, especially the first 5 or 6 episodes. The last half of the season kind of sputtered, which is rare for The Wire, as they usually get better.

I'm convinced that Frank Sobatka was not a bad guy- just trying to save the union. I feel bad his fate ended like that. It was a terrific performance from Chris Bauer.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Wick: 3.5/5 stars. Not bad for a mindless, kill everyone in sight movie. And that's what this movie is. If you think there's anything more pronounced or annunciated in this movie, you're wrong. It's an hour and 41 minutes of Keanu Reeves killing everyone in sight, which is pretty entertaining.

For these type of movies, I like my anti-heroes to have more motive (Liam Neeson in Taken, 4/5 stars); and I like my anti-heroes to be less humanized and talkative (Ryan Gosling in Drive, 4/5 stars). I also like my foreign villain to be more hammy and use a little more over-acting (Gary Oldman in Leon The Professional, 2/5 stars, but not his fault).

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nocturnal Animals: 2.5/5 stars. While very intriguing and suspenseful in some parts, this was a misfire by director Tom Ford. Gyllenhaal, a top 5 actor of all time of mine, was very flat in this movie. I couldn't tell his character's motives (in the novel storyline) for most of the film. I understand that he was playing a character who was supposed to be "weak" (a motif in the film), but even his final act came off as not out of bravery, more so anger (which wasn't even annunciated that much until the final act). For example, compare his reaction to the event that took place in the film to Matthew McConaughey's reaction to seeing his daughter grow up in real life in Interstellar. MM's reaction was some fucking emotion that Gyllenhaal lacked. And for those who will say that that was part of his character being "weak," I'm not buying it. It's not weak, it's just flat acting.

Still, he was passable, and so were Amy Adams and Taylor-Johnson. I was expecting ATJ to be a little better (they did a great job with his appearance), but whatever. He just played a one-dimensional asshole murderer, which I guess is what his role asked of him, so that's cool. Michael Shannon was fucking awesome, for the millionth time. A movie reviewer wrote of him after seeing Take Shelter that he could "watch Shannon watch paint dry for an hour, and still be captivated by him." I totally agree. He's my second favorite actor of all time.

The two films I saw today, this and John Wick, are great examples of my philosophy that some movies are more up-and-down than others. John Wick, which you can see I gave 3.5/5 stars, was 3.5/5 star good all the way throughout. Nocturnal Animals had some borderline awesome and really captivating moments, and some really dull ones also. Overall, I gave Nocturnal Animals my precedented 2.5/5 star rating with a negative review.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dark City: 2/5 stars. Had a pretty intriguing set-up, only to be squandered by a boring explanation for said set-up. Felt like a bad 2000's video game at times.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who've always wondered what my top 100 movies of all time are, here you go.

Omar's Top 100 Movies of ALL TIME!!!!!!!!
Top 100??? I thought you were like 20 years old. You should start playing golf or something.
That said, you are responsible for turning me on to The Wire so I do respect your opinion and will click on the link.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 100??? I thought you were like 20 years old. You should start playing golf or something.
That said, you are responsible for turning me on to The Wire so I do respect your opinion and will click on the link.
Yes, but I only watch movies after having sex

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but I only watch movies after having sex
Interesting. I figured you'd hold out on the sex til after the guy paid for the movie and popcorn.

Seriously, I noticed you have End of Watch pretty high up there. I liked that one too but I'm surprised you have it that close to the top

oops, I almost forgot -- Not that there's anything wrong with it

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Shutter Island really that good? That is one that I think I meant to watch but never got around to it

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of About Schmidt. But here's a clip from one of my favorites. It's an independent film called "About Schmitty"

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I figured you'd hold out on the sex til after the guy paid for the movie and popcorn.

Seriously, I noticed you have End of Watch pretty high up there. I liked that one too but I'm surprised you have it that close to the top

oops, I almost forgot -- Not that there's anything wrong with it
I saw your post on that Sarah Silverman thread about coming home from work and seeing 5 alerts or whatever. I'll just post it here- obligatory "Wait, you have an actual job? I thought you just tricked mainly and collected a little money on the side posting here like I do"

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Shutter Island really that good? That is one that I think I meant to watch but never got around to it
Fucking amazing yo

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw your post on that Sarah Silverman thread about coming home from work and seeing 5 alerts or whatever. I'll just post it here- obligatory "Wait, you have an actual job? I thought you just tricked mainly and collected a little money on the side posting here like I do"

Just go with it. You know those politico heads would never respect my opinion if they knew I lived in my Mom's basement

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're redirecting to other threads and such... how was your Super Bowl? I wasn't at my parent's house, but it sure looked like the bomb

Ok, I've had it with veganism shit!

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rear Window: 1.5/5 stars. So-so performance from an otherwise superb actor in James Stewart. Did not have me on the edge of my seat at any point throughout the film, like many critics have commented. At least for one thing, the movie confirmed my suspicions of marriage: it is a terrible thing that should happen to no one. Wife constantly nagging, kids getting in the way; no thanks. Why anyone would consent to such a thing is beyond my imagination.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rear Window: 1.5/5 stars. So-so performance from an otherwise superb actor in James Stewart. Did not have me on the edge of my seat at any point throughout the film, like many critics have commented. At least for one thing, the movie confirmed my suspicions of marriage: it is a terrible thing that should happen to no one. Wife constantly nagging, kids getting in the way; no thanks. Why anyone would consent to such a thing is beyond my imagination.

How about a few blow jobs in the morning then one after the evening news. It can happen.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about a few blow jobs in the morning then one after the evening news. It can happen.
Yeah, but that's what I have your mom for

(Come on, even you have to admit you were begging me to. You gift-wrapped that shit)