• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

O.T. State the last movie you watched and rate it

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glory: 4/5 stars. Great film that was somewhat let-down by a rather anti-climatic ending. Seriously, the set-up was freaking amazing, but when they got to the actual battle, it was largely poorly shot and unemotional. Damn, I was really hoping for an awesome final battle after such a fantastic climb, but oh well. GREAT turns from Broderick, Denzel, and Andre Braugher as the college-educated Thomas Searles.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moonlight: 0.5/5 stars. Man, what unrivaled, pretentious, hot-steaming garbage this movie was. Did anyone else see it? It seriously sucked ass.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, I thought you're illiterate?
I think you're confusing "illegitimate" with "illiterate". I expect a little more from a varsity letterman. -
I gotta say though, the reviews have not disappointed so far. I changed my mind about binge reading. I want to save some for later. FYI, I think there is a non zero chance that the Deerpark Tavern guy put a hit out on you....

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got through the Furillo's review. 4.5/5 stars. The useful tip on the time it takes for HIV to die off (20 minutes) could save dozens of lives.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got through the Furillo's review. 4.5/5 stars. The useful tip on the time it takes for HIV to die off (20 minutes) could save dozens of lives.
That's a good idea- you should write reviews of my reviews. I didn't know it at the time of my review, but having been back there a couple times since, the original owner was Carl Furillo's brother, who grew up near Reading. The brother moved to Chester and started the sub shop in 1953, and his son, who's probably 60, is now the owner. They have tons of Dodgers' pictures on the wall inside there.

I thought about "updating" my review and giving them 2 stars and writing some shit on how Carl Furillo, Jackie Robinson, Chase Utley, and the whole Dodgers' organization are a bunch of faggots, but I'm pretty sure if I did that it gets rid of my original review, and I can't risk having it lay on my conscience that bloody lady gave somebody AIDS because some asshole didn't just wait 20 minutes to eat his delicious hoagie.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good idea- you should write reviews of my reviews. I didn't know it at the time of my review, but having been back there a couple times since, the original owner was Carl Furillo's brother, who grew up near Reading. The brother moved to Chester and started the sub shop in 1953, and his son, who's probably 60, is now the owner. They have tons of Dodgers' pictures on the wall inside there.

I thought about "updating" my review and giving them 2 stars and writing some shit on how Carl Furillo, Jackie Robinson, Chase Utley, and the whole Dodgers' organization are a bunch of faggots, but I'm pretty sure if I did that it gets rid of my original review, and I can't risk having it lay on my conscience that bloody lady gave somebody AIDS because some asshole didn't just wait 20 minutes to eat his delicious hoagie.
good point. I lack the discipline to write reviews on entire movies but a review of your restaurant reviews seems doable.

Yes, dropping the "f- bomb" on a site like Yelp is probably not advisable. I think the service industry includes a large population of people who may take personal offense to that term.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joyful Garden Chinese 4/5 stars. The review started off great, especially with the use of the word "jawn" in the second paragraph, giving it an authentic local flavor. The one thing I take issue with is the order of the photographs. Since only the first 3 are shown without clicking on a link the review would have been better served by having the picture of the General Tso's higher in the order and the picture of a can of Mountain due last in the rotation. I also was a little alarmed that the picture of the egg roll shows half of the eggroll sitting on waxed paper, (which is what egg rolls normally come wrapped in) and the other half sitting directly on the "naked" tabletop. Who knows what they use to wipe those tables off with-you're a braver man than me if you ate that.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully there is some other forum somewhere where you are reviewing my reviews of your reviews

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to movies.

Blood Simple: 2/5 stars. I know I'm going to get a lot of shit for this, but this one just did not stick with me (although that song at the end "It's The Same Old Song" was pretty amazing). For me, a movie comes down largely to two things: performances from the actors/actresses, and plot. Now, cinematography and how a movie looks is important, I'm not saying it isn't, but those are the two main things for me. I didn't find either in large abundance in this film, though I will say that the guy who played the PI was pretty good. It just felt like a movie about a simple idea, kind of the same problem I had with Fargo.

The Coen brothers are hard to pin down. They can make some good/borderline great films, and then some ones that are kind of meh. Here is my list from favorite to least favorite of theirs:

Miller's Crossing: 4/5 stars
Barton Fink: 4/5 stars
Fargo: 3/5 stars
Blood Simple: 2/5 stars
No Country For Old Men: 1.5/5 stars

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newark Deli & Bagels. 4/5 stars. This is a new release (3/10/17) but one of my favorites. I love the fact that you used the review for Newark Deli & Bagels to trash some cigarette market. I'm also always surprised when reading these reviews that you actually have a credit card

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newark Deli & Bagels. 4/5 stars. This is a new release (3/10/17) but one of my favorites. I love the fact that you used the review for Newark Deli & Bagels to trash some cigarette market. I'm also always surprised when reading these reviews that you actually have a credit card
I'm not allowed to write a review for Jefferson Quik Mart on their page, but the good people of Yelp deserve to know the truth.

And yes, surprisingly, hookers carry credit cards Cedrique...

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we've extended the reviews to more than just movies, I have another one:
The NBA 1/5 stars. What a garbage league. Tonight's big ABC match up between the number one and two teams in the Western Conference is an absolute farce. The teams are two games apart and supposedly trying to finish first to insure home court advantage for the entire playoffs. Both teams "rested" all of their starters on the way to sleepwalking through the game (currently 97-75 Spurs--hooray!). You've got teams tanking entire seasons, resting star players two weeks into the season, players more interested in garbage stats like the "triple-double" than winning. F- You NBA