• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

O.T. State the last movie you watched and rate it

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but that's what I have your mom for

(Come on, even you have to admit you were begging me to. You gift-wrapped that shit)

Ew, you're a necrophiliac. My mom is dead. I've notified the DE state police to keep an eye on you. Again, get your mom Front street. Give other sluts a chance.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Birth of a Nation: 1.5/5 stars. Actually a decent middle part, but the rest was just awful, racist propaganda (not that the middle part wasn't racist propaganda but at least it was mildly entertaining).

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Invincible 4/5 stars. Really good even though it was obviously predictable. And a much happier ending than Brian's Song.
One thing about it is maybe my memory is off but I thought he was a bartender in NJ and not South Phila. Or maybe I'm mixing him up with another player that came later, like in the 90's or something.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit, Northeast, Jvett can you bail me out and name the other Eagles player that also worked as a bartender? I think he played for Buddy Ryan and he left the team or got cut a couple times and went back to tending bar then came back to the eagles. I think he was also a receiver/special teams guy (or possibly a kicker). It is going to be bugging me all day

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I do recall Jaws behind the huge bar at the Eagles Nest in Jersey years ago. But I was real drunk and Jaworski was part owner so he was probably getting smashed himself.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not Jaws. This was a more recent player. Or maybe I just imagined the whole thing-I guess it is possible that LSD really does have some long term effects, contrary to what Mr. Leary told me.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Invincible 4/5 stars. Really good even though it was obviously predictable. And a much happier ending than Brian's Song.
One thing about it is maybe my memory is off but I thought he was a bartender in NJ and not South Phila. Or maybe I'm mixing him up with another player that came later, like in the 90's or something.
I saw that when it came out so I can't rate it, but I remember liking it a lot too. I don't know about the bartender thing.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not Jaws. This was a more recent player. Or maybe I just imagined the whole thing-I guess it is possible that LSD really does have some long term effects, contrary to what Mr. Leary told me.
Without looking it up- Grateful Dead?

Second guess is The Zombies

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gone With the Wind: 0.5/5 stars. The first 40 minutes was decent, but the last 3 hours were terrible. I loathe the character that Vivien Leigh played, Scarlett O'Hare. Officially the most annoying character in a movie ever. Always whining, being self-conceited, and never knowing what she wants. I hate her.

It is interesting that the second half of the movie, which had nothing to do with the Civil War, was very similar to Stanley Kubrick's Barry Lyndon (3.5/5 stars), except that Barry Lyndon was far better. They annunciated the relationship between the child and the father, and the estrangement between husband and wife was more relatable. The estrangement in GWTW was just Scarlett being an annoying bitch and not knowing what she wanted.

Terrible movie.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gone With the Wind: 0.5/5 stars. The first 40 minutes was decent, but the last 3 hours were terrible. I loathe the character that Vivien Leigh played, Scarlett O'Hare. Officially the most annoying character in a movie ever. Always whining, being self-conceited, and never knowing what she wants. I hate her.

It is interesting that the second half of the movie, which had nothing to do with the Civil War, was very similar to Stanley Kubrick's Barry Lyndon (3.5/5 stars), except that Barry Lyndon was far better. They annunciated the relationship between the child and the father, and the estrangement between husband and wife was more relatable. The estrangement in GWTW was just Scarlett being an annoying bitch and not knowing what she wanted.

Terrible movie.

Leigh won Best Actress for her portrayal of the self-centered, hateful bitch. It's the performances of Leigh and Gable that helped it win eight Oscars. If an actor can make you hate them or love them, they've done their job. I watch GWTW every year or two. Great movie whether or not you like the older style of movie making. BL is one of my favorites also but mostly, they can't be compared.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leigh won Best Actress for her portrayal of the self-centered, hateful bitch. It's the performances of Leigh and Gable that helped it win eight Oscars. If an actor can make you hate them or love them, they've done their job. I watch GWTW every year or two. Great movie whether or not you like the older style of movie making. BL is one of my favorites also but mostly, they can't be compared.
I did not like the ideology presented in the film as noted earlier; and also the ambiguity that was presented. There were many times where a character’s wooden performance left me wondering what their intentions really were. For example, why did Butler love and marry O’Hara while knowing that she loved Ashley Wilkes; only to divorce her for the very same reason? There was also a lack of noticeable dialogue in the film. My last great complaint about the film was the sudden collapse from the setting and depiction of the Civil War and how it affected the South; a storyline that, while is not great, is mildly entertaining; to a storyline about the romantic interests and self-conceited ways of Scarlett. Why was this change made? Why should I care about who a woman I do not care about should marry? Why is this interesting? None of these questions were answered, and left me very frustrated and bored with the film. As an aside, it should be noted, that while released nearly forty years later, Stanley Kubrick’s Barry Lyndon (3.5/5 stars) attempted to cover much of the same themes and points that Gone With the Wind covered, but actually succeeded in doing so. For example, Barry, the titular character, despises his wife as much as she despises him, yet loves his son so much. His son, ironically, also dies in a horsing accident, and the grief and tragedy that is evoked from Barry Lyndon was captivating. None of this was present in Gone With the Wind. I will leave you with this quote from Stanley Kauffmann: “(I have seen Gone With the Wind twice, and hope) never to see it again: twice is twice as much as any lifetime needs.”

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You two have a lot of opinions about a 100 year old movie. Frankly, I don't give a fuck :D

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not like the ideology presented in the film as noted earlier; and also the ambiguity that was presented. There were many times where a character’s wooden performance left me wondering what their intentions really were. For example, why did Butler love and marry O’Hara while knowing that she loved Ashley Wilkes; only to divorce her for the very same reason? There was also a lack of noticeable dialogue in the film. My last great complaint about the film was the sudden collapse from the setting and depiction of the Civil War and how it affected the South; a storyline that, while is not great, is mildly entertaining; to a storyline about the romantic interests and self-conceited ways of Scarlett. Why was this change made? Why should I care about who a woman I do not care about should marry? Why is this interesting? None of these questions were answered, and left me very frustrated and bored with the film. As an aside, it should be noted, that while released nearly forty years later, Stanley Kubrick’s Barry Lyndon (3.5/5 stars) attempted to cover much of the same themes and points that Gone With the Wind covered, but actually succeeded in doing so. For example, Barry, the titular character, despises his wife as much as she despises him, yet loves his son so much. His son, ironically, also dies in a horsing accident, and the grief and tragedy that is evoked from Barry Lyndon was captivating. None of this was present in Gone With the Wind. I will leave you with this quote from Stanley Kauffmann: “(I have seen Gone With the Wind twice, and hope) never to see it again: twice is twice as much as any lifetime needs.”

Your questions are extremely odd, IMO. You're looking too deeply into the movie. I'd refer you to Margaret Mitchell but she croaked a while back.

"why did Butler love and marry O’Hara while knowing that she loved Ashley Wilkes; only to divorce her for the very same reason?" Try this for an answer. Rhett was hot for sexy, young Scarlett's pussy. And people get divorced everyday. The old story - marry a woman and she turns into a bitch. If she were less mercurial, how would the movie have been any good?

"There was also a lack of noticeable dialogue in the film. " It's a 3 hour movie and you want more dialogue? The story flows along fine. You know what's going on without explanations.

"from civil war storyline and how it affected the South... .to a storyline about the romantic interests and self-conceited ways of Scarlett. Why was this change made?" Are you kidding? It's basically a romance set during the misery of the civil war; it's not about the civil war. You wanted Stonewall Jackson to visit Tara?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your questions are extremely odd, IMO. You're looking too deeply into the movie. I'd refer you to Margaret Mitchell but she croaked a while back.

"why did Butler love and marry O’Hara while knowing that she loved Ashley Wilkes; only to divorce her for the very same reason?" Try this for an answer. Rhett was hot for sexy, young Scarlett's pussy. And people get divorced everyday. The old story - marry a woman and she turns into a bitch. If she were less mercurial, how would the movie have been any good?

"There was also a lack of noticeable dialogue in the film. " It's a 3 hour movie and you want more dialogue? The story flows along fine. You know what's going on without explanations.

"from civil war storyline and how it affected the South... .to a storyline about the romantic interests and self-conceited ways of Scarlett. Why was this change made?" Are you kidding? It's basically a romance set during the misery of the civil war; it's not about the civil war. You wanted Stonewall Jackson to visit Tara?
the movie sucks bro, just admit it

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're the only people in sports message board history to argue so passionately about the merits of GWTW

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess you didn't come watching Vivian Leigh. Sad.
On a side note, I'm about to blaze a Backwood of that Mango Kush. Just waiting for my homie to get back from the plug. Bet you wish you were me now