• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

O-Line

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read thanks. Who knew offenses took this much thought and planing. I'm starting to get the feel Lovie is no longer here.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovie was a stubborn ass.

Mel Tucker has already shown more looks on D, 3 games into preseason than Lovie did his whole career. The whole deal about just lining up and winning the battles is great and all, but it lacks any semblance of a cerebral gameplan. Tucker was quoted as saying...."we wanna get it all on film, so opposing teams have to prepare for everything."

This mentality and the nuances that go with it, are what the Bears have been lacking.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovie was about executing. He said all the time ( were not out to trick anyone) I liked Lovie's def. As you know Def was never the problem. Now Tucker is gonna be more fun and more flash, but well give up some big plays too. It's a trade off.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovie was about executing. He said all the time ( were not out to trick anyone) I liked Lovie's def. As you know Def was never the problem. Now Tucker is gonna be more fun and more flash, but well give up some big plays too. It's a trade off.

Joe, we gave up plenty of big plays with Lovies's D too.
Frequently resulting in a late fourth-quarter loss of lead.

So far, I like Trestman's overall style much better than Lovie.
When I saw the training camp clips of him out on the field with his players, yelling direction encouragement and admonishment, it was such a stark contrast to Lovie standing on the sideline in silence...

Lovie is still looking up at the jumbotron wondering what just happened.

brian mclaren

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree teams could score on us it was proven year after year the good teams yes we could beat up on bad teams and yes teams that were sporting 2nd and 3rd string qbs but i often thought our def was easy to pick apart te over the lbs under the safteys killed us for years. not to mention the slants jesus christ dont anyone remember seattle vs us a couple years ago the same play got us 12 times in one game we made a bum look like jerry rice not to mention the superbowl how many catches did the rbs have that game 16-18
lovies failure in game adjustments sucked and he was just a awful coach that just hoped to keep people out of the endzone pray for mistakes which good teams didnt do. when they didnt do it we lost period.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I start an O-Line thread and it turns into a D discussion.
Love it.
Lovies Ds have served us well over the years. But I had my issues w/ it.
Too often he would go into the soft coverage @ the end of 1rst half or w/4 minutes left in the game. Drove me crazy, how many teams scored on us w/ less than 2 minutes to go in the first half.
I like that Tucker has an aggressive nature ( I think the D is buying in also).
I'd rather see my D put a team away, than play soft and give the opposition some momentum.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Webb is the worst o-lineman in the league. I can't believe he started all games last year at Left fucking Tackle!?

Starting tonight with the scrubs and STILL standing out, as the worst. :L

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, J'Marcus Webb with yet another underwhelming performance.

Let's see now. Two false starts. A holding penalty I think. And once again played like a turnstile on the offensive line letting defensive players go by him before he can even make a play.

How on earth this guy stays on the Bears is amazing. All we hear about is his physical body and his potential. Yeah, but he's just plain awful.

Hoping the Bears can at least trade him and get a sixth or seventh round pick for him. If not, he's got to be on the scrap heap and off the Bears tomorrow after the next round of cuts.

The only thing that worries me is that he took a 50% pay cut, so maybe the Bears promised him if he took the cut they wouldn't release him.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...he will be riding the fucking pine if he stays.

They will not get more than a carton of Kool's and a pack of Big League Chew for him in a trade.

I hope they cut his ass, as I do not believe he deserves a red cent from an NFL team.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovie was a stubborn ass.

Mel Tucker has already shown more looks on D, 3 games into preseason than Lovie did his whole career. The whole deal about just lining up and winning the battles is great and all, but it lacks any semblance of a cerebral gameplan. Tucker was quoted as saying...."we wanna get it all on film, so opposing teams have to prepare for everything."

This mentality and the nuances that go with it, are what the Bears have been lacking.

:lol: Just curious what Mel Tucker has to do w/ the O-line?

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beardown07 , forgive me , yeah, I've had 1 too many.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was responding to noon about Lovie. Lovie is touted as a Defensive guru...was just pointing out that he even sucked at that, and his O's aren't even worth discussing.