• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

O. J. Howard trade?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OJ Howard for TW straight up is not happening. Or shouldn’t happen is probably a better way of putting it.

I also doubt that Arians is keeping him and Brate, now that he signed Gronk. They dont run 3 TE sets.

He isnt getting a 2nd rounder for Howard either. Crappy stat players dont warrant that high a pick regardless of the round they were drafted in.

I bet he’s dealt to the redskins during the draft with a third round pick for TW. That way everybody saves face.

That’s my prediction, based on nothing.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His career average per catch is still 15.5. Teams don't just give up on 1st round picks that quickly when they show something, and Howard has shown something - just not as much as expected. A lot of really good players didn't set the world on fire before they turned 25.

15.5 YPC when you have t caught many isn’t a big deal.

Teams give up on first rounders all the time after three years. And some have shown more than Howard? Why didn’t TB exercise their fifth year option?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Teams give up on first rounders all the time after three years. And some have shown more than Howard? Why didn’t TB exercise their fifth year option?

Because in reality, they had no one to pair him with according to Arians. Now with Gronk in the fold, they may like Howard a little more? I'm not sure but it seems Howard is getting ready to be jettisoned!

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have they made that decision? I thought the deadline wasn't till May 3rd.

Anyway, 94 catches isn't a small sample size for yards per catch for a TE. He's a Tight End; not a WR. Even Vernon Davis had only 78 total catches his 1st 3 years. Did SF drop him then? No, and in his 4th year, he got 78 catches for 965 yards and 13 TD's.