• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

O. J. Howard trade?

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, my trade idea is already getting talked about in John Keim's twitter.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he Tampa Bay Times' Rick Stroud reports the Buccaneers are happy to have O.J. Howard "line up with [Ron Gronkowski] in two-tight end formations" unless they're "blown away" with an offer.
"If someone blows them away, yeah, they'll consider trading [Howard]," Stroud elaborated on the most recent Sports Day Tampa Bay podcast. "But I think it would have to be at least a second-round pick. And even then I'm skeptical." Most assumed Howard was on the move the moment Gronk came out of retirement but it sounds as if the Bucs are open to making it work between the two and 28-year-old Cameron Brate, the latter who recently restructured his deal to ensure his return. Tampa Bay already leaned on the sixth-highest rate (28%) of 12 personnel (one running back, two tight ends) in 2019, but given this recent roster shake-up, fantasy players should expect that number to increase this upcoming year.

Related:
Source: Rick Stroud on Twitter
Apr 22, 2020, 6:56 AM ET

2nd round pick? no way!!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he Tampa Bay Times' Rick Stroud reports the Buccaneers are happy to have O.J. Howard "line up with [Ron Gronkowski] in two-tight end formations" unless they're "blown away" with an offer.
"If someone blows them away, yeah, they'll consider trading [Howard]," Stroud elaborated on the most recent Sports Day Tampa Bay podcast. "But I think it would have to be at least a second-round pick. And even then I'm skeptical." Most assumed Howard was on the move the moment Gronk came out of retirement but it sounds as if the Bucs are open to making it work between the two and 28-year-old Cameron Brate, the latter who recently restructured his deal to ensure his return. Tampa Bay already leaned on the sixth-highest rate (28%) of 12 personnel (one running back, two tight ends) in 2019, but given this recent roster shake-up, fantasy players should expect that number to increase this upcoming year.

Related:
Source: Rick Stroud on Twitter
Apr 22, 2020, 6:56 AM ET

2nd round pick? no way!!

That is as funny as believing he saw a Yeti.

A second, with pause? OJ Howard has shown nothing to warrant a second rounder. He has performed like a fourth rounder, or worse. Offer a fourth and call it a day. If they say no, simply reply, we may get him in FA, but if not, who cares? We can always use a fourth pick to get the same production.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is as funny as believing he saw a Yeti.

A second, with pause? OJ Howard has shown nothing to warrant a second rounder. He has performed like a fourth rounder, or worse. Offer a fourth and call it a day. If they say no, simply reply, we may get him in FA, but if not, who cares? We can always use a fourth pick to get the same production.
I think that's over-stating things. Yeah, he hasn't lived up to expectations, but that's because he was rated so highly and put in an offense that doesn't emphasize TE's. He's still averaged over 15 yards a catch - which is as good as it gets for a TE.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's over-stating things. Yeah, he hasn't lived up to expectations, but that's because he was rated so highly and put in an offense that doesn't emphasize TE's. He's still averaged over 15 yards a catch - which is as good as it gets for a TE.

Bruce Arians has been coaching in TB for a single season of OJ Howard’s lackluster career.

Before that, it was Dirk Koetter. Last season, OJ Howard averaged 13.5 yards per reception, while playing in an offense that emphasizes the down field ball. Tony Gonzalez featured pretty well under Koetter’s offense.

Bruce Arians is not going anywhere and his offense isn’t going to change. So what makes anybody believe Oj Howard is any value to TB? Howard has proven to be a professional disappointment, so what makes him more valuable than a fourth to every other team?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Arians has been coaching in TB for a single season of OJ Howard’s lackluster career.

Before that, it was Dirk Koetter. Last season, OJ Howard averaged 13.5 yards per reception, while playing in an offense that emphasizes the down field ball. Tony Gonzalez featured pretty well under Koetter’s offense.

Bruce Arians is not going anywhere and his offense isn’t going to change. So what makes anybody believe Oj Howard is any value to TB? Howard has proven to be a professional disappointment, so what makes him more valuable than a fourth to every other team?

I agree a 4th should do it. Look at this way is OJ better than every 4th round TE in this draft class? I say yes.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Jenna Laine reports the Buccaneers nearly traded O.J. Howard to the Redskins in exchange for Trent Williams in February, but talks fell through.
It's significant since both players are hot commodities ahead of Thursday's draft. ESPN's Josina Anderson adds that Williams' situation is "ongoing" and one unnamed team has already laid out a plan for the entire deal; any conversations centering around the No. 2 overall pick would likely result in Williams being dealt. Expect the 31-year-old left tackle to pen a lucrative extension the moment he's traded, wherever that may be. The Vikings, Browns, and Buccaneers are a few expected suitors.

Related:
Source: Jenna Laine on Twitter
Apr 22, 2020, 10:03 AM ET

Straight up for TW? No way. We need more than that

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Jenna Laine reports the Buccaneers nearly traded O.J. Howard to the Redskins in exchange for Trent Williams in February, but talks fell through.
It's significant since both players are hot commodities ahead of Thursday's draft. ESPN's Josina Anderson adds that Williams' situation is "ongoing" and one unnamed team has already laid out a plan for the entire deal; any conversations centering around the No. 2 overall pick would likely result in Williams being dealt. Expect the 31-year-old left tackle to pen a lucrative extension the moment he's traded, wherever that may be. The Vikings, Browns, and Buccaneers are a few expected suitors.

Related:
Source: Jenna Laine on Twitter
Apr 22, 2020, 10:03 AM ET

Straight up for TW? No way. We need more than that
talks fell through Dean.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree a 4th should do it. Look at this way is OJ better than every 4th round TE in this draft class? I say yes.

I will say no. Howard isn’t a blocker and hasn’t exactly been a major weapon in the pass game. Honestly, let me take a peak real quick...

Just going down the receiving list of 2019...

Darren Waller, round 6, 1145 yards
George Kittle, round 5, 1053 yards
Tyler Higbee, round 4, 734 yards
OJ, round 1, 459 yards

From there, if a fourth rounder can be nearly as productive, the fourth rounder is more important because of the reduced salary and four year contract.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say no. Howard isn’t a blocker and hasn’t exactly been a major weapon in the pass game. Honestly, let me take a peak real quick...

Just going down the receiving list of 2019...

Darren Waller, round 6, 1145 yards
George Kittle, round 5, 1053 yards
Tyler Higbee, round 4, 734 yards
OJ, round 1, 459 yards

From there, if a fourth rounder can be nearly as productive, the fourth rounder is more important because of the reduced salary and four year contract.

You have a point on salary but no 4th round Te in this years draft is the athlete as OJ is. My opinion. Getting Oj and a 4th for TW is fair. im valuing OJ worth as a 3rd rounder.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gronk is only worth a 4th, then OJ is probably going to command a 6th at best. BUT, and that's a Brady BUT. TB12 wants OJ and Gronk together in a two TE offense in the red zone. Brady is pretty much running the show in Tampa now.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a point on salary but no 4th round Te in this years draft is the athlete as OJ is. My opinion. Getting Oj and a 4th for TW is fair. im valuing OJ worth as a 3rd rounder.

Jason Witten and George Kittle aren’t the athletes Howard is...but they are far better TEs.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Witten and George Kittle aren’t the athletes Howard is...but they are far better TEs.

true but Oj still has value b/c of his age and draft status.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true but Oj still has value b/c of his age and draft status.

His draft status means literally nothing. This is his fourth year.

What would you give for Corey Davis, 5?

John Ross, 9?

Haasan Reddick, 13?

They were all drafted above Howard and all have flopped. Just because they were drafted before another player, doesn’t give them greater value than the better player.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His career average per catch is still 15.5. Teams don't just give up on 1st round picks that quickly when they show something, and Howard has shown something - just not as much as expected. A lot of really good players didn't set the world on fire before they turned 25.