• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Night Football: NYG at Dallas on NBC 8:30pm EST

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have zero clue what youre talking about.......Beckham is the most important non QB in the league today

That says more about your GM and lack of options than it does about OBJ.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants managed 3 fucking points.

Beckham wasn't going to make up a 16 point difference by himself.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has nothing to do with being a pom pom fan idiot. I'm well aware of the Cowboys weaknesses. You clearly aren't aware of your team's weaknesses and strengths. Their defense is overrated and their offense is below average. Their defense is living off the reputation of how well they've played Dallas. That's a harsh truth.

Oline is horrific.....Without Beckham, the offense is as horrific

Calling the Defense and Beckham overrated, is the thoughts shared only by people that have no interest in an objective conversation...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants managed 3 fucking points.

Oh its that cut and dry huh?

Nevermind him being able to keep drives alive, like he has his entire career, minimizing opponent posessions

Nevermind he has made a career of taking 5 yard slants to the house, changing the outcome of games his entire career

Very Very Good chance Beckham doesnt win them that game last night, but to just say "He doesnt make up 16 points", its not that simple, everything about the Giants offense revolves around him

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GTFOH.

Antonio Brown is better.

Yes, but they have Bell and Ben. Giants and OBJ and nothing else on offense. Though Engram looks like the next big thing.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GTFOH.

Antonio Brown is better.

Missing the point

And Yes, Brown is better

But if Brown is out, Bell is the best back in the league.....Pitt Oline is very good, and Ben is better than Eli....Martavius Bryant is a special player

When the Giants have no Beckham? There is no one else to lean on

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but they have Bell and Ben. Giants and OBJ and nothing else on offense. Though Engram looks like the next big thing.

Hasselback did a great breakdown of the Eli sack by the Goal line in the 3rd

The first read was Marshall, his second read when he looked back was a wide open Engram in the back of the end zone, but the Oline took care of that

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez probably would have been more productive if need be. We have a well balanced offense though, so no need to force anything to Dez.

Agreed....I dont hate Dez, I think he will be great against most teams all season

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oline is horrific.....Without Beckham, the offense is as horrific

Calling the Defense and Beckham overrated, is the thoughts shared only by people that have no interest in an objective conversation...
First off, I didn't call Odell overrated. I'm saying the Giants offense sucks with him or without him. ODB is arguably best WR in the game, but NFL games aren't won by strength at the WR position.

As far as the D, it's overrated. Just think about it. When people talk about the Giants defense they always refer to how they play against Dallas. Their defensive reputation comes from how well they've played Dallas. They got blown out in GB. They had trouble stopping Pitt last year. They had trouble stopping Washington in the first game. They faced a bunch of lifeless offenses on their schedule last year with the wins against the Cowboys being their crowning achievement. When teams are gameplanning for the Giants D, there are areas you can exploit. When you gameplan for the Broncos and Seattle, there aren't many areas you can exploit. I don't consider the Giants defense SB caliber. I consider it good and the best in the NFCE, but not SB caliber. Sorry.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That says more about your GM and lack of options than it does about OBJ.

They have the WR's, and Perkins would be a pretty decent back behind an NFL Oline

But couldnt agree more on Reece doing a horrible job with the Oline

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I didn't call Odell overrated. I'm saying the Giants offense sucks with him or without him. ODB is arguably best WR in the game, but NFL games aren't won by strength at the WR position.

As far as the D, it's overrated. Just think about it. When people talk about the Giants defense they always refer to how they play against Dallas. Their defensive reputation comes from how well they've played Dallas. They got blown out in GB. They had trouble stopping Pitt last year. They had trouble stopping Washington in the first game. They faced a bunch of lifeless offenses on their schedule last year with the wins against the Cowboys being their crowning achievement. When teams are gameplanning for the Giants D, there are areas you can exploit. When you gameplan for the Broncos and Seattle, there aren't many areas you can exploit. I don't consider the Giants defense SB caliber. I consider it good and the best in the NFCE, but not SB caliber. Sorry.

You just said "People overrated the fuck out of Odell"

They dont, he's a gigantic douche, but he is one of the most important players in the league

Youre wrong on the D, and what happened in GB

They held GB to 2 field goals in the first half of that game, and Rodgers was getting his ass kicked, until a hail mary before halftime

And like any great defense, we see it happen with Seattle all the time, when an offense cant sustain drives, its a matter of time before the defense gets worn down......It happened in GB yesterday

The Giants have no worse than the 3rd best secondary in the NFL, depending on how Denver looks this season

Landon Collins is one of the best players in the game, Snacks is the best run stuffer in the league, and JPP and Vernon are as good as you get off the edge...

Defense is legit, and with any semblance of an offense, you will see that this season

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just said "People overrated the fuck out of Odell"

They dont, he's a gigantic douche, but he is one of the most important players in the league

Youre wrong on the D, and what happened in GB

They held GB to 2 field goals in the first half of that game, and Rodgers was getting his ass kicked, until a hail mary before halftime

And like any great defense, we see it happen with Seattle all the time, when an offense cant sustain drives, its a matter of time before the defense gets worn down......It happened in GB yesterday

The Giants have no worse than the 3rd best secondary in the NFL, depending on how Denver looks this season

Landon Collins is one of the best players in the game, Snacks is the best run stuffer in the league, and JPP and Vernon are as good as you get off the edge...

Defense is legit, and with any semblance of an offense, you will see that this season
They are overrating his importance to team success. Maybe I should have clarified better. As far as a player, he is a god.

Game is 4 quarters. Holding teams to a certain point total at half means nothing. Have to do it for full game. "SB caliber" defenses play four quarters. Seattle's defense played spectacular. The fumble by Russell Wilson killed them and also the called back pick 6. Had nothing to do with wearing down. They played well for four quarters considering the QB they were facing.

Defense is legit, but not SB caliber. I'm sorry, but we'll just never agree there. People throw out SB caliber wordplay too loosely. There have only been a handful of SB caliber defenses in recent memory.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants D is Super Bowl caliber. That offense is putrid though, especially without OBJ.

We got pressure but man that Giants line is putrid. I hope they can keep it up against better lines. Still very satisfied with the win. Dak and Dez were both off this game but the Cowboys just ground the Giants into a fine powder. I mean, how demoralizing is it for a team to just get pushed around for an entire game like that? If the offense is on and they aren't playing that amazing defense that game is a blow out. Very satisfied with the outcome. The way this game went tells me that the Cowboys can walk into any stadium against any team in any weather conditions and win. They are so damn versatile and dangerous. Also loving Jaylon Smith. He's not only a beast when he's on the field but he is also a hell of a guy off. Just watch his interviews and how he reacted when the Cowboys picked him. He is going to be the captain of this defense for years and years to come.
Tap the brakes it was only the Giants.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are overrating his importance. Maybe I should have clarified better. As far as a player, he is a god.

Game is 4 quarters. Holding teams to a certain thing point total means nothing. Have to do it for full game. "SB caliber" defenses play four quarters. Seattle's defense played spectacular. The fumble by Russell Wilson killed them and also the called back pick 6. Had nothing to do with wearing down. They played well for four quarters considering the QB they were facing.

Defense is legit, but not SB caliber. I'm sorry, but we'll just never agree there. People throw out SB caliber wordplay too loosely. There have only been a handful of SB caliber defenses in recent memory.

I dont know what youre watching.......Seattles defense played spectacular? They gave up 17 second half points, they gave Rodgers the ball with 7 minutes to go, needing a stop to give them a prayer, and Rodgers never let them see the ball again

Sorry man, not sure what youre seeing

As far as Odell, his importance cant be overstated

Do you know that the Giants were 3rd to last in the league in Time of possession last season, behind only Cleveland and San Fran?

Do you know that Eli's QB rating throwing to Odell is 111.79 and his QB rating to everyone else is 79.0?

Those 2 facts speak against the 2 statements you are making

Those facts say the ONLY reason the Giants were in the postseason last year was Because of the defense and Odell Beckham

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...

Anyone else ready for OBJ to get back already so we can see what the Giants really are?

Sweets

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course he would have Deej!! At least that's what Giants fans think. Since when did one player make up an entire team?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...

Anyone else ready for OBJ to get back already so we can see what the Giants really are?

Same as last year....He will cover a lot of flaws for his Oline and QB, he will make Marshall/Engram and Shepard better players, and between him and the defense, will probably be anywhere between a 9-11 win team

Thats my opinion

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants were outmatched last night. It is obvious there offense is OBJ. Without him the offense is bad.

I think defensively they were good. They just wore down. You can't play the Cowboys and expect to win if your offense does not help the defense.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course he would have Deej!! At least that's what Giants fans think. Since when did one player make up an entire team?

Jesus...Your best offensive player effects everything

Dez didnt have to be great last night to make life easier for Beasley/Williams/Zeke and Witten