• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Philadelphia @ Dallas 8:20pm EST on NBC

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m worried this guy is gonna knock us out of the division race.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Dom woud not lay a finger on this kid, I can assure you

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m worried this guy is gonna knock us out of the division race.

I’ve already waved the white flag in my head. This team ain’t it. They will still likely win games and maybe even make it to the NFC Championship game but they’re not a Super Bowl team. The middle of the field is too easy for other teams to exploit and the offense is too inconsistent.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve already waved the white flag in my head. This team ain’t it. They will still likely win games and maybe even make it to the NFC Championship game but they’re not a Super Bowl team. The middle of the field is too easy for other teams to exploit and the offense is too inconsistent.

Right now, I can't see how anyone would expect them to get back, much less win. Dallas and SF beat them soundly, and either matchup in the playoffs would require WAY more intensity than I have seen this team show in weeks. The silver lining is the schedule, and knowing that if they win out they still have a very good shot at home field advantage right now.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, I can't see how anyone would expect them to get back, much less win. Dallas and SF beat them soundly, and either matchup in the playoffs would require WAY more intensity than I have seen this team show in weeks. The silver lining is the schedule, and knowing that if they win out they still have a very good shot at home field advantage right now.

They have 4 games to figure it out. I'm sure the coaches are concerned, but they're also paid to put their guys in the best position to win. It might be a mountain and it might be a mole hill, but now you get to find out if your coaches are doing their job or just living off the talent.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have 4 games to figure it out. I'm sure the coaches are concerned, but they're also paid to put their guys in the best position to win. It might be a mountain and it might be a mole hill, but now you get to find out if your coaches are doing their job or just living off the talent.
A layer a lot of people don’t know.

Siriani is hired and immediately wants to be offensive play caller head coach guy. Team opened 2-5. Siriani says “I need to have hands on the whole football team and I’m too tied up with offense.” Steichen becomes play caller. They go 23-8 from there playoffs. Steichen leaves and now Johnson takes over. The numbers are there but when you watch them every week you see the inconsistencies and the play calling has been so predictable and uninventive. Siriani has his hands all over the offensive game plan each week. That wasn’t the case as much last season. Last year he was Yay or Nay guy on elements of game plan. This year he’s the guy with the biggest share of game plan on staff.

Eagles have a ton of work to do and for me I don’t see the “fixes” being able to be employed until the off season. Time will tell though.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas and sf won't have double the time to prepare for the next games.

That really was bullshit by the schedule makers.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles can suck, that happens, but how the fuck do you fuck up a schedule??

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least this one was back and forth until the end. Although I'm pretty sure there was a sexual assault at the very end :scratch:

You can't fight an old guy. 1. You beat up an old guy and worse 2. You get beat up by an old guy.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which reminds me...I've been doing my best to remind some that predict wins before being played look and or sound NFL football stupid far more often than not...IF they actually understand this level of play. The body of work for any teams season is incomplete till all games are played. The story or stories become clear then.

Now while I giggle at 10 months of football sure greatness starting to slightly wave the white flags...Lets wait another 4 weeks of play, then we know the complete story of a team and often the players and coaches.

Who knows?
It could be so much more than just middle of the field, or (lol) lack of intensity.

Go Team

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did, they called tickytac calls on both teams and missed a few sure calls.
Man, I don’t even have balls to talk ref shit when the Birds lose by 20 points and honestly that 20 points doesn’t do justice to the way they were dominated on Sunday night. Thought this would be a loss. Cowboys and Eagles always split. However, the way it all played out…yikes. Eagles have some real issues.

The good news is that everybody all over the league is having issues in some way shape or form. The bad news is that isn’t the case at the top of the NFC with the Niners or Cowboys. The Eagles path likely entails having to punch over their heads to beat them. They may have to see both of them on their path as well.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas and sf won't have double the time to prepare for the next games.

That really was bullshit by the schedule makers.
Schedule makers aren’t responsible for:
- a defense that is so poor in the middle of the field. The LBs and safeties are subpar and that’s putting it nicely
- the pass rush has straight underachieved and the coaches aren’t helping there at all. I can’t remember the last time is saw a twist or stunt from Eagles DL
- the offense being wholly uninventive and inconsistent. They really miss Steichen who kept Siriani grounded (literally) with a commitment to the run game.

My biggest culprits are the new coordinators. I don’t miss Gannon. I miss Steichen. I think Steichen was a plus coordinator. The unacceptable is the quality of the hires they made at DC and OC. I’m eternally pissed at the Gannon timing with Arizona. Mother fucker screwed with the Super Bowl prep focused on his next job. Because it went so late and it looked like he was coming back, they lost Fangio to the Dolphins. This D personnel was never going to be great. That’s all the more reason to have an exceptional and experienced DC who can do his best to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

And next in line is Howie. He’s done an overall plus job with the roster and the cap. However, his answers at LB and safety have been subpar and it’s going to cost them in the end.