• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NY Mets -- September 2022

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final score:
The Giants held on to beat the Braves 3- 2.

I'm stoked of course...but we missed another opportunity to increase our lead...but at least we didn't lose any ground.

This Jekyll & Hyde nonsense is for the birds...
Cubs 5 - Mets 2. (NY left 21 runners on base on Monday)

Moves....

In addition to activating Relief Pitcher Trevor May ( covid protocols), the Mets activated INF Luis Guillorme (left groin), who missed the previous 26 games. To make room on the roster, New York placed RHP Bryce Montes de Oca (left hamstring) on the injured list and designated for assignment INF Devan Marrero.

Up Next...

Mets RHP Jacob deGrom (5-1, 1.65 ERA) will start the middle game on Tuesday.
He has retired at least 12 consecutive batters in each of his last 6 starts, the longest such streak in the last 40 years.
Cubs RHP Adrian Sampson (1-5, 3.76 ERA) who has one win in 14 starts this season despite allowing two runs or fewer nine times, including in each of his last three outings, is starting for Chicago.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This n That....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the first time this year our offense has gone cold but the timing is terrible. We all knew another legit bat was needed and I really hope failing to get one doesn't bite us in the ass. Come on boys, time to rally.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets looked lost in 4-1 loss.
Braves beat SF 5-1. Lead down to 1/2 game.

The Mets have dropped four consecutive home games for the first time since last September, and the boo birds were out.

Trainer's Room...

Mets RHP Max Scherzer (left oblique irritation) is scheduled to make a rehab start Wednesday with Triple-A Syracuse. If all goes well, he's expected to come off the injured list early next week in Milwaukee. RHP Tylor Megill (right shoulder strain) and RHP Drew Smith (right lat strain) both pitched at Syracuse. After a lengthy delay at the start, Megill gave up five runs, three hits and two walks in two-thirds of an inning. He threw only 15 of 29 pitches for strikes during his fourth rehab outing. Smith struck out two in a scoreless inning of work. Megill, normally a starter, is expected to fill a bullpen role when he returns, which could be soon.

Up Next...

LHP David Peterson (7-4, 3.47) will start for the Mets against LHP Drew Smyly (6-8, 3.57 ERA) who will try to pitch Chicago to a series sweep on Wednesday night.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was up with Pete last night, slamming his bat after drawing a walk? Getting into it with the pitcher?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was up with Pete last night, slamming his bat after drawing a walk? Getting into it with the pitcher?
From last night's espn recap article...

Pete Alonso barely missed a two-run homer in the first when it hooked just foul, and the slugger slammed down his bat after drawing a walk.

That ticked off Sampson, and the two exchanged heated words before umpires spoke directly to each of them.

"I was just like, `Just don't do that.' It doesn't look good. It's not part of our game," Sampson said. "It was a non-issue. I have a lot of respect for the guy. ... There's no hard feelings."

Said Alonso: "I wasn't upset that he didn't throw the ball in the zone, I was upset that the wind blew it foul. ... It's just two guys that are in the heat of the moment, just competing. He's obviously a highly competitive individual and so am I. There's no bad blood or anything like that."

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TrevorClark98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A month ago, I was having thoughts that the Mets could give the Dodgers a serious challenge in the NLCS. Silly me. Now I'm wondering if they even make it out of the Wild Card round.