• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not So Special After All...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Denver having everyone below 50% was closer. One less make from Monk and Hernangomez.

Jordan Bell would have needed several more makes to get above 50%.

Good finds, these were very close.

If Jordan Bell had been 4-8, that would’ve only been two more makes by one player versus one more miss from two players each.

I know you were thinking about that he would have to make four more shots to go 6 for 12, but that wasn’t what I was thinking. Shoot better, not shoot more. Or take fewer shots instead of shooting more and hoping you make them all.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jordan Bell had been 4-8, that would’ve only been two more makes by one player versus one more miss from two players each.

I know you were thinking about that he would have to make four more shots to go 6 for 12, but that wasn’t what I was thinking. Shoot better, not shoot more. Or take fewer shots instead of shooting more and hoping you make them all.

No, that's not what I was thinking.

I was thinking the same way you described, that he needed two more makes.

I think it's easier to hope for bad players to miss (Monk, Hernangomez) than it is a 50% player to get to that mark.

Plus I would have wanted him to go 5-8, not 4-8, so that's 3 more makes. But regardless, I was still basing it off of 8 attempts, not 12.

But there's something I didn't like about hoping for a low volume player to go 50%. It's too random.

It's more the norm that Monk and Hernangomez have bad shooting games.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that's not what I was thinking.

I was thinking the same way you described, that he needed two more makes.

I think it's easier to hope for bad players to miss (Monk, Hernangomez) than it is a 50% player to get to that mark.

Plus I would have wanted him to go 5-8, not 4-8, so that's 3 more makes. But regardless, I was still basing it off of 8 attempts, not 12.

But there's something I didn't like about hoping for a low volume player to go 50%. It's too random.

It's more the norm that Monk and Hernangomez have bad shooting games.

You said “several” so I presumed it was going up from 2-8. But 3 could be several when you go from 2-8 to 5-8. I was thinking going to 4-8 wasn’t several.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Jackson? More like F’ Jackson’s 3-8 shooting!

Pelicans vs. Cavaliers - Box Score - January 5, 2019 - ESPN

I'm calling the FCC.

One of those players that has drawn your ire, now has an article blurb about him.

++++++++++++++++

7. Fearless Frank Jackson

Jackson's late-season surge has been one of those random enjoyable tanking season things. He averaged 15.5 points per game in March on 48 percent shooting, including 38 percent from deep.

It is hard to tell if such out-of-the-blue pushes in March and April mean anything. Half the teams aren't trying.

I have no idea what Jackson is on a good team. He hasn't spent much time as the Pellies' lead playmaker, or shown the passing chops for that job. He's undersized guarding most starting wings; his defense has been scattershot. He has hit only 31 percent from deep, and doesn't get to the line much.

But he attacks the rim with a certain head-down fearlessness that could serve him well as a hybrid bench gunner:

He has a handy floater, too.

Jackson is worth watching -- including in Summer League, where he should get to experiment with a larger ball-handling role.