• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not one TD scored at the Wisconsin spring game

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Nebraska went (1-2) against Wisconsin in 2011/2012 in ugly fashion. They are (4-4) against them all-time with two of the wins being (37-0) and (31-3). However, those wins are meaningless. Feel better?

Now let's get back to topic.

Wisconsin scored zero TD's in a live scrimmage.
Wisconsin fan support sucked ass at said scrimmage.
Wisconsin hanging Rose Bowl loss banners in their stadium is LAME.

That beating Nebraska (like many others have done in the last 15 years) is such a big deal, clearly explains why Wisconsin is compelled to hang participation banners for losses in their stadium.

No one ever said beating Nebraska was a big deal. And you know full well once the actual season starts Camp Randall will be sold out and rocking like it always is. To put any sort of meaning towards a spring scrimmage attendance is simply laughable.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember though, they scored lots of touchdowns when nobody was tackling.
so there's that.

I'd argue blowing the whistle dead on firm contact is harder on the offense, as they can't break tackles.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rose Bowl were open to ALL of CFB the past 50 years, how many Rose Bowl "participation" banners would Wisconsin be able to hang?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think the majority of NU fans would give up their left nut right now if they could see a Rose Bowl participation banner hanging in their stadium today since their program has sucked major dick for over a decade now. Don't ya think?

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think the majority of NU fans would give up their left nut right now if they could see a Rose Bowl participation banner hanging in their stadium today since their program has sucked major dick for over a decade now. Don't ya think?

Nope. I mean, after all the point is Nebraska is significantly better than Wisconsin in every way imaginable. I mean, there's our terrible spring game attendance, even though it never draws great attendance numbers. There's the fact that we're stupid enough to hang banners for bowl games we didn't even win. Screw it, Nebraska wins the division because who knows if poor little UW will even have a football program come fall, I mean we did steal all of the mighty and powerful Cornhuskers ideas, right?

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may say some homerish things, but calling our running backs the best group in America isn't anywhere near one of them. Melvin had the second-most yards last year of any returning player. He did it with 7.8 YPC, second-best in America. He's projected as a late 1st round pick, and he passes the eye test at an incredible level.

Corey Clement had over 500 yards on 8 YPC as a third-string situational guy. He's a hard-runner with more speed than people realize. Nobody thinks he is more than a slight downgrade from James White, who ended last year as the leading career rusher in college football. If there's a better backup than him anywhere, I'd like to see it.

Our team has a lot issues this year, but our RBs aren't one of them. Last year, we broke the record for yards by a pair of RB teammates in NCAA history. This year, there is a great chance that record will fall.

Our backs were the best in America last year.......and probably will be again even though one is gone

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. That would be as fucking LAME as putting 2008 Conference Champions with an * next to it in the Texas locker room. Wouldn't it?

Texas: Another fan base who thinks beating Nebraska over the last 15 years is a major accomplishment. :L

Where 6 point wins or less are translated into " We kicked your ass".

big12champs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. That would be as fucking LAME as putting 2008 Conference Champions with an * next to it in the Texas locker room. Wouldn't it?

Texas: Another fan base who thinks beating Nebraska over the last 15 years is a major accomplishment. :L

Where 6 point wins or less are translated into " We kicked your ass".

big12champs.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as a Badger fan, the overwhelming message I should take from this thread is, "this is why Nebraska is better than Wisconsin"

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as a Badger fan, the overwhelming message I should take from this thread is, "this is why Nebraska is better than Wisconsin"

No

It's that Wisconsin football has to reach far and wide to present something to be proud of.

Rose Bowl losses, really?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insecurity is strong with Nebraska. My god let it go. Enjoy your Sunday.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW is a program that has only had any real history since the early 90's when Alvarez got here. And it's not a reach, they're actual accomplishments of the football program. True of false, the University of Wisconsin was in those football games? The signs don't say that we won the game, they just say that team was in fact in those football games. They're significant pieces of UW football history, 3 consecutive years of making BCS bowl games. I'm not old enough to remember the 94 Rose Bowl, but seeing 5 Rose Bowls is a big deal.

Learn a bit about the history, or lack of at times. of Badger football before making some foolish post.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact of the matter is I thought very little of the AP headline about Wisconsin scoring no TD's in it's spring scrimmage. I just pointed out to Smart that it wasn't Brasky's title, it was the Associated Press.

I then looked at the picture associated and noticed the embarrassing fan support, then the Rose Bowl LOSSES bannered as some kind of accomplishment when only 9 other teams were even competing for that slot.

If I hadn't noticed those other things, this thread probably dies on the vine rather quickly.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pride is strong with Nebraska. My god let it go. Enjoy your Sunday.

fify.

We are proud of our "accomplishments" no matter how old they be.
We stomach our losses and don't count them as some decimal point (.8) win, or banner bowl LOSSES as participation victories.

That shit is LAME and a cover for failure.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact of the matter is I thought very little of the AP headline about Wisconsin scoring no TD's in it's spring scrimmage. I just pointed out to Smart that it wasn't Brasky's title, it was the Associated Press.

I then looked at the picture associated and noticed the embarrassing fan support, then the Rose Bowl LOSSES bannered as some kind of accomplishment when only 9 other teams were even competing for that slot.

If I hadn't noticed those other things, this thread probably dies on the vine rather quickly.

There were touchdowns scored. In the 1st half of the Spring Game, Corey Clement scored, Kenzel Doe and Tanner McEvoy scored.

It's always poorly attended, if you think this somehow means that fan support for the fall is dwindling, you're mistaken. The Brewers had a home series this weekend, they're red hot and have a lot of people's attention. The fact is, the Spring Game needs to be marketed better. Are you shitting me? Let's say we won those games, would still it be such a sin, after all only 9 other teams were competing for that slot? It's a piece of program history. I'll tell you what, come to Camp Randall this November, see how empty it is.

Have a great Sunday.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW is a program that has only had any real history since the early 90's when Alvarez got here. And it's not a reach, they're actual accomplishments of the football program. True of false, the University of Wisconsin was in those football games? The signs don't say that we won the game, they just say that team was in fact in those football games. They're significant pieces of UW football history, 3 consecutive years of making BCS bowl games. I'm not old enough to remember the 94 Rose Bowl, but seeing 5 Rose Bowls is a big deal.

Learn a bit about the history, or lack of at times. of Badger football before making some foolish post.

They don't say you lost either do they? They are meant to deceive recruits into thinking you've accomplished more than you have. You'd be better off bannering the big wins over Nebraska you're so proud of. At least they're an actual accomplishment.

Those Rose Bowls weren't even competing for National Championships. They were given for merely winning a conference competing against either 9 or 11 other teams. They were participation given due to contract. There is little value to them when you lose.

FAIL

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't say you lost either do they? They are meant to deceive recruits into thinking you've accomplished more than you have. You'd be better off bannering the big wins over Nebraska you're so proud of. At least they're an actual accomplishment.

Those Rose Bowls weren't even competing for National Championships. They were given for merely winning a conference competing against either 9 or 11 other teams. They were participation given due to contract. There is little value to them when you lose.

FAIL
Yes, I'm sure that's what they intended. "Hey, guys. Let's post the years we were in the Rose Bowl so recruits think we actually won those games. That way they won't go to Nebraska, Iowa or Minnesota."

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Nebraska were to banner their 2001 Rose Bowl loss to Miami, the fan base would be livid. There would be screams to GET IT THE FUCK DOWN NOW.
And that Rose Bowl was for a NC. Not some contracted obligation consolation prize.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I'm sure that's what they intended. "Hey, guys. Let's post the years we were in the Rose Bowl so recruits think we actually won those games. That way they won't go to Nebraska, Iowa or Minnesota."

"If they don't ask, let them think we won them"

80545-Jack-Nicholson-nodding-gif-Img-P7l1.gif

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who hangs a banner for a game they lost is celebrating that they 'at least made the game'. Which is a fucking losers perception. Also LOL @ Texas Exes coming in here and getting backhanded with the Texas * Conference championship :laugh3:

So fucking pathetic, don't hold onto something that isn't yours.