• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not one TD scored at the Wisconsin spring game

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's lame is that Wisconsin posts Rose Bowl LOSSES in their stadium like they're some kind of accomplishment. :L

Putting up Big 10 Championships is fine. Everybody does that, as that's an actual accomplishment. I guess if you're digging for something positive you have to dig far and wide to post bowl game losses.

Nebraska lists the 5 National Championships they've actually won in their stadium. If they were to list the National Championships they actually played for (where if they'd won they'd have been declared champs), that list would grow to about 13. However they don't do that because it would be LAME.

Well that is pretty sad. What we see Wisconsin doing is employing the participation trophy mentality. :L

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't part of the 'official' scrimmage though. It was a controlled drill where the receivers were running uncovered routes.

I love how you, who didn't watch the game, is telling me, who did, what happened. It wasn't a drill. It was an 11 on 11 scrimmage. The reason it was "controlled" is people weren't supposed to finish the tackle. Once you made strong contact with someone, the play was blown dead (although you could get two hands on them and if you didn't wrap up, it wasn't dead). Everything else was like a real game. He was covered, people were blitzing the QB, the offensive line protected the QB, multiple receivers tired to get open, the QB threw the ball, and Doe outran coverage for the TD.

There were at least three actual TD plays with people playing actual football besides the fact that they weren't supposed to finish tackles after wrapping players up. Our offense is going to be great this year. We have the best RB in America, the best backup RB in America, and four starters returning from a great line. The only issue on offense is WR. We are a great WR away from having the best offense in America. The issue on our team will be the defense.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how you, who didn't watch the game, is telling me, who did, what happened. It wasn't a drill. It was an 11 on 11 scrimmage. The reason it was "controlled" is people weren't supposed to finish the tackle. Once you made strong contact with someone, the play was blown dead (although you could get two hands on them and if you didn't wrap up, it wasn't dead). Everything else was like a real game. He was covered, people were blitzing the QB, the offensive line protected the QB, multiple receivers tired to get open, the QB threw the ball, and Doe outran coverage for the TD.

There were at least three actual TD plays with people playing actual football besides the fact that they weren't supposed to finish tackles after wrapping players up. Our offense is going to be great this year. We have the best RB in America, the best backup RB in America, and four starters returning from a great line. The only issue on offense is WR. We are a great WR away from having the best offense in America. The issue on our team will be the defense.

I watched the scrimmage. It was on BTN yesterday. As was Ohio St, Penn St and Nebraska. You are ad libbing to the facts terribly.

6-0 Final score on the books. At least the Wisconsin staff is honest about it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart

Why does Wisconsin display Rose Bowl losses in their stadium?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losses are just as good as wins, apparently. :laugh3:

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ WISCONSIN PUTTING ROSE BOWL LOSSES IN THE STADIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I were a fan I would request to the athletic department or university, whoever the fuck I needed to bitch at to take them down. That's so embarrassing as a fan.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the scrimmage. It was on BTN yesterday. As was Ohio St, Penn St and Nebraska. You are ad libbing to the facts terribly.

6-0 Final score on the books. At least the Wisconsin staff is honest about it.

What? I'm not ab-libbing anything. The first half was just like the second-half, but without tackling. They didn't keep official score, apparently because they didn't want people to try to tackle (and hurt) the starters, but it was a TD in an 11 on 11 scrimmage. From the Wisconsin State Journal:

Unlike last fall, McEvoy looks like he’s up for the fight. During the first half, in which hitting was allowed but no tackling, he mostly used his feet to help the offense put up 17 points on his three possessions. He only completed one pass, but it was a beauty — a perfectly thrown 27-yard touchdown pass to Kenzel Doe.

That's the only difference (hitting but no tackling). And if you saw the game, you know there were at least three TDs. To claim that you saw the game but then say it was an uncovered drill is ludicrous.

Smart

Why does Wisconsin display Rose Bowl losses in their stadium?

It's to show that we were the Rose Bowl representative. Now that is the same as being B1G champ, but in the past there were often two or three teams that tied for the B1G Championship, and only one made the Rose Bowl. It's an accomplishment worth showing.

But the truth is, despite what you say, recruits care more about the fact that we made the 2011 Rose Bowl (with the current best defensive player in the NFL) and made it in 2012 (with the star QB who just won the Super Bowl) than they do about a team which won the title when they were still in the womb. You can keep living in the distant past, but it's not gonna help you in the future. You are a third tier program right now, just like we are.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a scale of 1-10 Wisconsin might actually give negative fucks about their only remotely relevant sports club.

their basketball team just went to the final 4.

Didn't they go to 4 straight Rose Bowls? in last 5 years?

Sounds to me Wisconsin's sports as whole is on a higher level in recent years than Nebraska.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a scale of 1-10 Wisconsin might actually give negative fucks about their only remotely relevant sports club.

This is confusing as Wisconsin athletics as a whole is much more successful than Nebraska.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jorlol.gif

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm at a loss why you are okay with showing B1G Championships but not with showing Rose Bowl berths. For the vast, vast majority of conference history, the B1G Championship was a lesser included prize of the Rose Bowl.

To act like making the Rose Bowl isn't an accomplishment but winning the B1G Championship is, is beyond illogical. Making the Rose Bowl means that you won the B1G Championship and won the tiebreaker with the other teams who won the championship.

It's objectively a greater accomplishment.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty awesome thread, trolling a spring game. Can't wait for the season to start!

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember though, they scored lots of touchdowns when nobody was tackling.
so there's that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm at a loss why you are okay with showing B1G Championships but not with showing Rose Bowl berths. For the vast, vast majority of conference history, the B1G Championship was a lesser included prize of the Rose Bowl.

To act like making the Rose Bowl isn't an accomplishment but winning the B1G Championship is, is beyond illogical. Making the Rose Bowl means that you won the B1G Championship and won the tiebreaker with the other teams who won the championship.

It's objectively a greater accomplishment.

Like you said the Rose Bowl means you won the B1G ship, that's why they hang B1G ship banners. If you lose in the Rose Bowl, you lose...no way around it. When is losing good, no matter what game it is?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How dare I think the guy who is on track to break the NCAA career YPC record is the best back in America?

Let me guess, "if he played in the SEC, he wouldn't accomplish anything."

Except, you know, in his last game he played South Carolina. And on 25 carries (less than Gurley got), he got 143 yards (more than Gurley got). But I'm sure he couldn't cut it, amirite?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you said the Rose Bowl means you won the B1G ship, that's why they hang B1G ship banners. If you lose in the Rose Bowl, you lose...no way around it. When is losing good, no matter what game it is?

They don't hang it because they lost. They hang it because we made the game. It's like saying that hanging a Final Four banner is honoring a loss. It's clearly not. It's honoring an accomplishment. And in some cases (such as the 2010 season) the Rose Bowl is a bigger accomplishment.

If you want to call out anything, it should be the B1G Championship banner, but nobody is saying that. The reason is that they think winning a conference (even if you lose the Rose Bowl tiebreaker) is an accomplishment worth celebrating.

So somehow you have two different accomplishments. Celebrating the lesser one is okay. But celebrating the greater one is a "participation ribbon." Again, classic Nebraska logic.