• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No Matter What Anyone Thinks

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The patriots have rarely had a pick in the top 10 selections of the NFL. Since 2000 they have had 2 first round picks. 2001 and 2008 the Patriots their only top 10 picks in the NFL Draft.

In 2001 with the #6 pick they selected Richard Seymour and In 2008 with the #10 pick they took Jerod Mayo.

The best selections that they've had since are #13 in 2003 for Ty Warren and #17 in 2011 for Nate Solder.

All other picks have been in the mid to upper twenties or 31 or 32......

That said, they had no First round picks in 2000, 2009, 2013 or 2016.

In the previous 20 years the Patriots have had only 16 first round picks and yet....................

They have played in 12 AFC Championships and won 8 of them.
They've played in 8 Super Bowls and won 5 of them, they're playing in their 9th this coming Sunday.

No matter what anyone thinks.........in this era of Salary Cap and the league striving for parity, the New England Patriots have provided their fans with accomplishments that will most likely never be equaled again. And they've done it without high draft picks or paying extraordinary money for free agents.

On Sunday Feb. 3, 2019, the Patriots will be in their fourth Super Bowl in the past five years and should they win, they will be one of only two teams to have accomplished that feat. The Pittsburgh Steelers are the only team to have done it and it took them from 1975 to 2009. The Cowboys have five Super Bowl wins as do the San Francisco 49ers.

While many people would hate to see the Patriots succeed in winning their sixth Super Bowl it would be an extraordinary accomplishment for them. More extraordinary is that no team has won 5 Super Bowls with one quarterback other than the Patriots and joining the Steelers in the 6th Win Club would be even
sweeter for Tom Brady as a six time winner.......and possibly a 5th Super Bowl MVP.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The patriots have rarely had a pick in the top 10 selections of the NFL. Since 2000 they have had 2 first round picks. 2001 and 2008 the Patriots their only top 10 picks in the NFL Draft.

In 2001 with the #6 pick they selected Richard Seymour and In 2008 with the #10 pick they took Jerod Mayo.

The best selections that they've had since are #13 in 2003 for Ty Warren and #17 in 2011 for Nate Solder.

All other picks have been in the mid to upper twenties or 31 or 32......

That said, they had no First round picks in 2000, 2009, 2013 or 2016.

In the previous 20 years the Patriots have had only 16 first round picks and yet....................

They have played in 12 AFC Championships and won 8 of them.
They've played in 8 Super Bowls and won 5 of them, they're playing in their 9th this coming Sunday.

No matter what anyone thinks.........in this era of Salary Cap and the league striving for parity, the New England Patriots have provided their fans with accomplishments that will most likely never be equaled again. And they've done it without high draft picks or paying extraordinary money for free agents.

On Sunday Feb. 3, 2019, the Patriots will be in their fourth Super Bowl in the past five years and should they win, they will be one of only two teams to have accomplished that feat. The Pittsburgh Steelers are the only team to have done it and it took them from 1975 to 2009. The Cowboys have five Super Bowl wins as do the San Francisco 49ers.

While many people would hate to see the Patriots succeed in winning their sixth Super Bowl it would be an extraordinary accomplishment for them. More extraordinary is that no team has won 5 Super Bowls with one quarterback other than the Patriots and joining the Steelers in the 6th Win Club would be even
sweeter for Tom Brady as a six time winner.......and possibly a 5th Super Bowl MVP.

A trade with the Lions could happen this year. Pats need an heir to Brady sooner rather then later. Lions need extra picks to fill holes.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A trade with the Lions could happen this year. Pats need an heir to Brady sooner rather then later. Lions need extra picks to fill holes.

Funny you should say that.. Yesterday, when the Patriots landed in Atlanta a reporter asked Brady what the chances are that he would retire if he won the game on Sunday. Brady had a one word answer...."ZERO!"

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I laughed.

And I laughed.

And I laughed.....

If it was any other team, I would have felt bad for them.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I laughed.

And I laughed.

And I laughed.....

If it was any other team, I would have felt bad for them.

As I've previously written, I was listening to WFAN and several callers said openly that the 5 Super Bowl Trophies at Gillette belong to the Jets. If Kraft hadn't finagled BB into coaching for the Patriots, Brady would be the Jets QB and "The Lombardis would be where they belong."

It's truly amazing just how deep the resentment goes in New York

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will always hate and disrespect Parcels for the 1996 Super Bowl in which it was "leaked" to the media that he would be quitting as coach of the Patriots and becoming the coach of the Jets as soon as the game was finished. That whole week was about Parcels. I feel he burned the Patriots hard.

Part of me hopes that when Belichick burned the Jets that he was getting a little revenge on Parcels.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brady for the Lions' 1st?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, most people don't understand addiction to anything. Most addicts don't understand it either. What makes it worse is that people who've never had any type of addiction are so quick to think it's easy to beat.

I'm not beating my chest or bragging, but I smoked two packs of cigarettes a day and nearly drank myself to death before I was 21. I haven't had a cigarette since 1977 when they were $.59 a pack. In Nam I was paying either $1.00 or $1.10 a carton and I was buying two cartons a week. I quit drinking on New years Day 1970. In the 49 years since, I had 1 Bourbon on the rocks in 1973 and 3 beers on days that I was mowing the lawn in temps over 93 degrees. To this day when someone lights up a menthol cigarette, my body tenses and I really flinch when I smell scotch or bourbon in a glass. I'm still an addict, but I've been fortunate enough to have been surrounded by people who love me and support me and not have people who will use my addiction to get something from me.

Good luck Josh..............hope you find your own path. Hope your "friends" can't find you.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell I live in Gainesville I know exactly where he is.
Stop by and give him all of our best. Tell him if he gets back to NE, he can stay in my man cave. The only thing he'll have to put up with is my wife. Geeez, that might not be a great idea....she makes me consider doing street drugs.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop by and give him all of our best. Tell him if he gets back to NE, he can stay in my man cave. The only thing he'll have to put up with is my wife. Geeez, that might not be a great idea....she makes me consider doing street drugs.
I have a friend who worked in the facility he is in, he told me this people when they are as bad off as he seems to be are so far gone even Aspirin can be a high to them.