• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

no depth

smokeyburgess

Where there's smoke, there's fire.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest difference between last year's teams and this year's edition is the bench. Last year we had quality reserves in Landry and Jack coming off the bench, and they often played better than the starters when they were in. Iguodala brought similar skills to the team this year, but he's only one man, and he's been a starter (for good reason), so the bench (aside from Barnes when he's not starting) is crap.

Conclusion: With the roster as it is, the Warriors are an above average team with Iggie (but not a serious contender with that lack of depth), and a mid-range team at best without him. If management is really serious about going deep into the playoffs this year, they need to acquire some quality reserves.

"So let it be said, so let it be done." (Yul Brynner as the Egyptian pharaoh in the movie "The Ten Commandments")

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt the bench is somewhat diminished, however the absence of Iguodala means the Warriors have also essentially lost their best bench player (Barnes or Klay) because they have to start. Plus, we're still missing Douglas and Ezeli. On the other hand JO has been doing a really nice job at backup C, a huge upgrade from Andris Biedrins. And Green is playing his best basketball yet. So i really don't think it's necessarily all that bad, IF we can get some guys healthy. With our starting lineup intact and healthy, they can dominate most teams, the bench just needs to keep the wheels from falling off.

smokeyburgess

Where there's smoke, there's fire.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bench has to do more than "keep the wheels from falling off." The bench has got to be more productive and make a more meaningful contribution. In tonight's game vs. the vaunted Bobcats, the bench scored all of 10 points, which has become a pattern of late, and Douglas and Ezeli aren't going to make much difference in that regard. The subs can't be faulted for being what they are--role players--but management's got to obtain some legitimate scoring threats to give the overburdened starters a break. At the rate they're going, the starters will be tired out by the time the playoffs begin (if they make them) and the team will make a quick exit--not exactly what Warrior fans expected going into the season.

But patience is a virtue for Warrior fans. I've been following them since they were in Philly in the early 60s, and they've won exactly one NBA championship in all that time. It would be nice to see them do it again before I go to that big arena in the sky, but I'm not counting on it as long as the bench is as thin as it is.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt the bench is somewhat diminished, however the absence of Iguodala means the Warriors have also essentially lost their best bench player (Barnes or Klay) because they have to start.

Is there any doubt that Barnes is the bench player? Klay is arguably a top 5 2 guard in the league right now