• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No deadline set for Coyotes new franchise

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A business group aiming to overturn Glendale's 0.7 percent sales-tax hike filed a lawsuit against the city Friday, claiming it rejected petition documents "based on several misinterpretations of the law."

In a statement released Friday, Save Glendale Now Chairman Rod Williams said he is "outraged that two unelected officials, the city clerk and the city attorney, would attempt to trample on the rights of every Glendale citizen to exercise his or her initiative rights as enshrined in the Arizona Constitution."

Dave Kimmerle, president of Sanderson Ford and Save Glendale Now leader, said it's "amusing" that Tindall believes voters were misled.

"Every petition circulated contained the full text of the initiative for every voter to read," he said in the statement. "It doesn't take a law degree to read the initiative and understand what it does."

Glendale business group files lawsuit vs. sales-tax hike

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, another court hearing in Glendale set for August 14th...Will the Doan decision be delayed?

Supporters of an effort to reverse Glendale’s sales-tax increase must wait nearly a month to argue before a judge.

Last week, the city rejected signatures submitted by the business group which aims to get an initiative on the November ballot. The group, Save Glendale Now, responded with a lawsuit. A Glendale spokeswoman confirmed Tuesday that the city and the business group won’t appear before Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Sally Duncan until Aug. 14.

Once in court, Glendale will argue the 100-word summary submitted with the group’s 4,138 signatures was misleading because an initiative cannot reverse the Glendale City Council’s vote to increase the city sales tax by 0.7 percent. The city has also said the group failed to include a serial number on each petition and submit them four months before the Aug. 28 primary election.

In its lawsuit filed last week, the business group said the city clerk did not have discretion to reject the petitions and that the loopholes cited by the city failed to take specific rules into account.

Judge to hear initiative against Glendale sales-tax increase Aug. 14

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, another court hearing in Glendale set for August 14th...Will the Doan decision be delayed?

News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports
#Coyotes gm Don Maloney tells PHO newspaper that he believes it "may be weeks" until Shane Doan picks a team.

coincidence???

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
"Jamison has not yet disclosed who his financial partners are or how he is coming up with the money. Jamison is the former CEO of the San Jose Sharks and he quietly became co-owner of a minor league hockey team, the Bay Area Seals, in June. The sports executive has experience managing and running arenas, but he needs investment money to buy the team. That has proven complicated with Jamison relying on multiple investors, and perhaps financing avenues, to try to close the deal. That includes some international and Middle Eastern money. There have been discussions with a Saudi investment group about a stake in the Coyotes. The continued delays with the Jamison purchase increase the odds of the NHL running the team one more year in Glendale."

Hockey in the desert? that'll never work

Phoenix Coyotes sale to Greg Jamison may be on thin ice - Phoenix Business Journal

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Jamison has not yet disclosed who his financial partners are or how he is coming up with the money. Jamison is the former CEO of the San Jose Sharks and he quietly became co-owner of a minor league hockey team, the Bay Area Seals, in June. The sports executive has experience managing and running arenas, but he needs investment money to buy the team. That has proven complicated with Jamison relying on multiple investors, and perhaps financing avenues, to try to close the deal. That includes some international and Middle Eastern money. There have been discussions with a Saudi investment group about a stake in the Coyotes. The continued delays with the Jamison purchase increase the odds of the NHL running the team one more year in Glendale."

Hockey in the desert? that'll never work

Phoenix Coyotes sale to Greg Jamison may be on thin ice - Phoenix Business Journal

I heard that the Saudi Prince only requires the NHL to wire him 5,000 before he sends over the money to buy the franchise, just to verify accounts...

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for oil tycoons buying up mediocre sports franchises - look how well it has worked in soccer.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm giving them the $20 mill but they have to play half their home games in the SunBank arena in Trenton...the ECHL Titans that usually play there will have to play some games at Jadwin Gym in Princeton...I got it all worked out. The arena only seats about 8,200 but that should be plenty for the yotes

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allie Seligman ‏@azc_aseligman
Sanderson Ford President David Kimmerle says Save Glendale Now won't stop its fight against the the sales-tax increase.

I'm starting to feel sorry for Glendale residents, between their current city council and the NHL, they are in a very tough spot.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i smell another extension coming for Doan.........

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather own a hot dog stand in a vegan commune than own the Yotes.

Perhaps the new funding is coming from a deferred offer to Doan a la Mario.