• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No deadline set for Coyotes new franchise

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Daly to Fan 590: "We aren't at a point where we're willing to call Phoenix a failure."

I repeat "We aren't at a point where we're willing to call Phoenix a failure."

:L :L :L :L

He must have been talking about the city of Phoenix then and not the Coyotes.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Daly to Fan 590: "We aren't at a point where we're willing to call Phoenix a failure."

I repeat "We aren't at a point where we're willing to call Phoenix a failure."

:L :L :L :L

He must have been talking about the city of Phoenix then and not the Coyotes.

the rest of the quote:

Bill Daly: " ... on the other hand ... Glendale ... "

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the pressure is on to get this deal signed, sealed and delivered before the November civic election in Glendale. If you can use the polls as any indication, there could be a completely new council in Glendale and the majority of them do not like the deal that the current council has made with Jamison.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the pressure is on to get this deal signed, sealed and delivered before the November civic election in Glendale. If you can use the polls as any indication, there could be a completely new council in Glendale and the majority of them do not like the deal that the current council has made with Jamison.

Huh, imagine that. :rolleyes:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When people are pissed off they vote you out it that's simple. Water & Road construction are more important to people than a hockey team.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those people have got their priorities all messed up down there.

Have you been living in a drought for the past 6 or 7 years? People are ticked off about 50 million dollars being taking away from the coffers for a hockey team when it was supposed to be used for roads & water.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you been living in a drought for the past 6 or 7 years? People are ticked off about 50 million dollars being taking away from the coffers for a hockey team when it was supposed to be used for roads & water.

Is your sarcasm detector not functioning correctly?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And for the record...if you live in a fucking desert you should be prepared for the fact that water could be a bit scarce.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the record...if you live in a fucking desert you should be prepared for the fact that water could be a bit scarce.

You're missing the point. The people of Glendale don't give a rats ass about the Coyotes. The team actually promotes trips to Canadian fans in Calgary, Edmonton & Vancouver. Hey Western Canada come to Glendale & see your team play.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the fuck is your point??? ever??? lol

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing the point. The people of Glendale don't give a rats ass about the Coyotes. The team actually promotes trips to Canadian fans in Calgary, Edmonton & Vancouver. Hey Western Canada come to Glendale & see your team play.

That's fine, ignore the post where I actually responded to your post.

And why shouldn't they promote trips to people in Canada? In Western Canada (Calgary and Edmonton especially) it gets really fucking cold in the winter. And you know what, in Phoenix, it's not so cold. Hmm....come some place warm and watch hockey at the same time. It's a reasonable marketing strategy.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine, ignore the post where I actually responded to your post.

And why shouldn't they promote trips to people in Canada? In Western Canada (Calgary and Edmonton especially) it gets really fucking cold in the winter. And you know what, in Phoenix, it's not so cold. Hmm....come some place warm and watch hockey at the same time. It's a reasonable marketing strategy.

I love it when there are 3,000 - 4,000 Flames fans at Jobing.com (similar numbers for Oilers and Canucks fans when their team is in town). Aside from the howling Coyote (I hate that, by the way), it's tough to tell who scored if you're not watching the game.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They realize this. That's why giviing the NHL 25 million dollars that was supposed to be used for Water ticks the people of Glendale off.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it when there are 3,000 - 4,000 Flames fans at Jobing.com (similar numbers for Oilers and Canucks fans when their team is in town). Aside from the howling Coyote (I hate that, by the way), it's tough to tell who scored if you're not watching the game.

On most nights it's tough to tell which team has more fans in the stands. There are a lot of people from Michigan in Arizona. When the Red Wings come to town they support their team very well.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A series of tweets from Lisa Halverstadt (who has been closely following the Yotes saga):

Lisa Halverstadt ‏@LisaHalverstadt
Mayor Elaine Scruggs on #Coyotes deal: #Glendale has given team suitor Greg Jamison “more than one alternative to consider.”

Scruggs told me last night that #Glendale is waiting to see if Jamison will agree to one of the options.

.@shadlick Interim City Manager Horatio Skeete has said #Glendale can't afford the #Coyotes deal approved in June.

.@jswhalen1 Interim City Manager Horatio Skeete has said he hopes to resolve the #Coyotes situation by the end of the month.