• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL East smack talk

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil’s blew a lead and lost today. Short term you hate losing, especially to a garbage franchise and fanbase like the Mets but long term I think this was a great outcome. Phils front office can’t get complacent. There’s only 9 other teams over .500 in MLB. The Phils still have holes that could be impactful come playoff time. They need an OF so they can turn Marsh/Rojas into a CF platoon. They need somebody that can slug and play corner OF. Castellanos has gotten it going but he’s not enough to carry the OF offensive production.

Phils also need a closer. I would prefer they acquire two bull pen arms because you can never stack enough pen in a marathon season. You can’t have Alvarado be your closer. Hes too wild. You can’t close by committee because come playoff time you need a guy with stones who feels comfortable taking the ball in the 9th.

Despite being one of the best teams in baseball, Dombrowski and Phils front office need to be aggressive.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible horrible news today. JT Realmuto needed knee surgery and will miss 6-8 weeks

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves get a leadoff triple tonight and can’t get the fucking run in - pathetic - awful at bats from Riley and Olson, both of whom have been extremely disappointing this year. I’m fucking sick of this.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves get a leadoff triple tonight and can’t get the fucking run in - pathetic - awful at bats from Riley and Olson, both of whom have been extremely disappointing this year. I’m fucking sick of this.

Came across something that said they scored the fewest runs since April 24th

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure.

Playing in a division with 3 special ed teams and the worst offense since April 24th is a good remedy.

Phils just need to be healthy come October.

They are gonna enter cruise control all summer

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing in a division with 3 special ed teams and the worst offense since April 24th is a good remedy.

Phils just need to be healthy come October.

They are gonna enter cruise control all summer
I hate cruise control. It’s hard to dial it back up again. Missing Turner, Marsh, and now Realmuto. Realmuto plays a role in the Phils pitching hot start. And the depth at that position is meh.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate cruise control. It’s hard to dial it back up again. Missing Turner, Marsh, and now Realmuto. Realmuto plays a role in the Phils pitching hot start. And the depth at that position is meh.

Well, offer still stands to take Vazquez off our hands.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves look like fucking dog shit right now. Can’t score at all. Disgusting to watch as a Braves fan, every hitter on the team is trash besides Ozuna. This is beyond disappointing, they have way too much talent to be this bad offensively. We don’t stand a chance of catching the Phillies, I just hope we can snag a Wild Card slot, but that’s looking doubtful given how horrid our hitters are now.

I am so ready for football season.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves look like fucking dog shit right now. Can’t score at all. Disgusting to watch as a Braves fan, every hitter on the team is trash besides Ozuna. This is beyond disappointing, they have way too much talent to be this bad offensively. We don’t stand a chance of catching the Phillies, I just hope we can snag a Wild Card slot, but that’s looking doubtful given how horrid our hitters are now.

I am so ready for football season.
There’s only 11 teams in baseball that over .500. The Braves will be in the mix.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s only 11 teams in baseball that over .500. The Braves will be in the mix.
I agree we’ll be in the playoff hunt but if we keep playing like this we won’t make it IMO - our hitting is complete trash. The pitching is carrying the team. It’s a long season so things could go either way - we could heat up or we could collapse completely. But this lineup is just painful to watch - Riley is an absolute disaster, Murphy has played like shit, guys like Albies, Harris and Arcia aren’t playing well like they did last year, Duvall is hitting well under 200 since becoming an every day player with Acuna out, literally everyone except Ozuna sucks. Makes me want to fucking punch a hole in the wall - this team is underperforming massively.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we’ll be in the playoff hunt but if we keep playing like this we won’t make it IMO - our hitting is complete trash. The pitching is carrying the team. It’s a long season so things could go either way - we could heat up or we could collapse completely. But this lineup is just painful to watch - Riley is an absolute disaster, Murphy has played like shit, guys like Albies, Harris and Arcia aren’t playing well like they did last year, Duvall is hitting well under 200 since becoming an every day player with Acuna out, literally everyone except Ozuna sucks. Makes me want to fucking punch a hole in the wall - this team is underperforming massively.
I feel ya. I’ve been there before but that’s the nice part of the long season. Those guys are gonna hit.

BirdzPowerRulez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow-- the Braves are nothing but roll overs this year-- was expecting a bit more competition from them but they are horrible-- My O's are making them look like a little league team-- ROCK it Birds we are unstoppable!!!

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bravos finally snap the losing streak and manage to avoid the sweep in Baltimore. Lopez was excellent once again, 6 shutout innings, bullpen nearly choked though. Now it’s back to ATL to face the Rays and Tigers.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking London trip has really fucked up the Phils starting pitching. It’s resulted in these guys having 7 days rest instead of 4. Long term the rest is probably better but in the short term paying for it now. Last night Sanchez worst start in some time and Nola’s 8 earned runs tonight is the most in his career.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves hitting has finally erupted tonight as we lead 7-1 in the 3rd, homers by Ozuna and Riley - great to see Riley get a dinger and Ozuna remains outstanding.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves with another strong hitting performance today as we beat the Rays 9-2. 4 homers today, Ozuna homered again and Riley has homered in back to back games, awesome to see. We have a 3 game winning streak now and hopefully we can sweep the Rays tomorrow.