• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL East smack talk

Hunter Montana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a must win game, the Braves offense is making Lucchesi look like an ace. That doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence even if they make the playoffs. The offense has been good at times but very inconsistent.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a must win game, the Braves offense is making Lucchesi look like an ace. That doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence even if they make the playoffs. The offense has been good at times but very inconsistent.
I think both teams understand that there is no reason to go to extras, and the only way to GUARANTEE that is if the Braves win. Since the Braves are now leading, neither team wants to change that scenario. So both teams are playing like crap enough to allow the other team to get out of jams and not put anyone in danger of an injury.

Hunter Montana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both teams understand that there is no reason to go to extras, and the only way to GUARANTEE that is if the Braves win. Since the Braves are now leading, neither team wants to change that scenario. So both teams are playing like crap enough to allow the other team to get out of jams and not put anyone in danger of an injury.

True, but I would think the Braves would want more than just a one run lead. Maybe one of the Mets accidentally hits a home run. Who knows,

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but I would think the Braves would want more than just a one run lead. Maybe one of the Mets accidentally hits a home run. Who knows,
I don’t think any Mutts player will put their butt into the swing to hit it far enough to go out. Because what happens if the ball goes into the gap and he needs to run out a double? If everyone is half-assing the game, that kind of action can lead to a hammy strain or an Achilles pull.

TheGoodMan19

Dealing with pronoun troubles
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves and Mets are rivals. I have to believe there's some part of the team that would want to piss on the Braves. I'd bet the Red Sox would want to take out the Yankees. Same with the Giants and Dodgers

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves and Mets are rivals. I have to believe there's some part of the team that would want to piss on the Braves. I'd bet the Red Sox would want to take out the Yankees. Same with the Giants and Dodgers
As a Giants fan, I can speak to this.

If we had a 3-game PLAYOFF series starting TOMORROW, and our position was 100% locked, I would not put the Giants chances in that series at risk just for the possibility to knock out the dogs.

And REALLY, there are only 3 rivalries in baseball that this question can realistically be asked about…

Yanks - Sox
Dodgers - Giants
Cards - Cubs

Thats it. Mutts - Braves are not in that class.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh, exact same score as game 1 heading to the 8th. :pound:

Kinda have a feeling the Braves won't fuck this one up.

TheGoodMan19

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Giants fan, I can speak to this.

If we had a 3-game PLAYOFF series starting TOMORROW, and our position was 100% locked, I would not put the Giants chances in that series at risk just for the possibility to knock out the dogs.

And REALLY, there are only 3 rivalries in baseball that this question can realistically be asked about…

Yanks - Sox
Dodgers - Giants
Cards - Cubs

Thats it. Mutts - Braves are not in that class.
As a Red Sox fan since the Nixon administration, I can speak to this

If the Sox could knock out the Yankees, would they? Certainly. Would they play injured stars, no. would they go up and weakly swing and any three pitches, hell no. And the Yanks would do the same to the Sox.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Red Sox fan since the Nixon administration, I can speak to this

If the Sox could knock out the Yankees, would they? Certainly. Would they play injured stars, no. would they go up and weakly swing and any three pitches, hell no. And the Yanks would do the same to the Sox.
Would you do the same against the O’s?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we are FANS. Not players.

The players basically don’t give a shit about the rivalries. The rivalries are FAN creations.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hooray, everybody gets a trophy....except poor Arizona.......

TheGoodMan19

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we are FANS. Not players.

The players basically don’t give a shit about the rivalries. The rivalries are FAN creations.
Watch the 2004 ALCS and tell me you believe that. Ask Carlton Fisk what he thinks of Thurman Munson to this day. Google "Juan Marichal and John Roseboro"

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an absolute travesty. Pete Rose wouldn't have jogged down the line on that double play like Nimmo did--especially if he had money on it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the 2004 ALCS and tell me you believe that. Ask Carlton Fisk what he thinks of Thurman Munson to this day. Google "Juan Marichal and John Roseboro"
You are telling a GIANTS FAN to “google Juan Marichel and John Roseboro”? Seriously?

And you are bringing up examples from pre-FA to show that players would go to the mattresses to prevent their rivals from going to the playoffs? In eras where there wasn’t ever playoffs to begin with? Players today (for the most part) don’t have the same ties to their team that they had back in the 60s and 70s.

And for the ‘04 ALCS, that was IN THE PLAYOFFS. Totally and completely different situation. The ‘21 NLDS (record wise, the GREATEST Post Season Series EVER, btw) was dramatic as hell. The dodgers left all their emotion on the field to the point where they didn’t have anything left in the tank to take on the Braves.