• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL East smack talk

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, I couldn't even finish typing that before Arcia goes yard.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arcia with a 2 run blast to put the Braves ahead!! Winning this series would be huge for us.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like the Phillies are trying to pull off a bigger collapse than the Eagles. I would swear that I died and I'm in Hell but I just drove by an Arby's that had a sign that said 3 for $5, which I feel is something that is not offered there so I have to think this shit is actually happening on earth.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it didn't say 3 of what, so there's still a chance I'm in hell or possibly in the middle of a bad dream.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never in doubt. This team is clearly going deep into the postseason

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never in doubt. This team is clearly going deep into the postseason
I thought for sure God was fucking with me when there’s two men in scoring position and it comes around on Whitfield McTrashCan

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good outing from Spencer Schwellenbach tonight, 2 runs allowed in 6&2/3 innings. Braves lead the Phillies 3-2

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves win it 3-2 and take the series!! We needed that series win over the Phillies!!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Phillies are just a mess. Not sure they can pull themselves out of this tailspin.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Phillies are just a mess. Not sure they can pull themselves out of this tailspin.
yeah there's still time but they've looked pretty shaky for over a month now. The bullpen is inconsistent, like most teams but the frustrating thing to me is the offense. They were so close last year so I don't blame them for running it back with the same guys but they really needed some guys to step up with big years offensively and they haven't gotten it. Stott seems to have taken a step back, Castellanos is whatever (I guess 20 million just gets you a replacement level player these days), Realmuto was injured but offensively he's been meh, Harper is a great player but not having an MVP season, Schwarber is doing as expected. Bohm is the only one really having a career offensive year but a career year from Bohm ain't like a Mike Schmidt season or anything.
Of course they can still win it all if they get hot at the right time, but if they don't they need to find another dude to stick in the middle of the lineup. A guy with a high OBP and some power and preferably right handed. Otherwise they will continue to tease us with a bunch of hackers whose upside is a bunch of doubles and warning track outs.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah there's still time but they've looked pretty shaky for over a month now. The bullpen is inconsistent, like most teams but the frustrating thing to me is the offense. They were so close last year so I don't blame them for running it back with the same guys but they really needed some guys to step up with big years offensively and they haven't gotten it. Stott seems to have taken a step back, Castellanos is whatever (I guess 20 million just gets you a replacement level player these days), Realmuto was injured but offensively he's been meh, Harper is a great player but not having an MVP season, Schwarber is doing as expected. Bohm is the only one really having a career offensive year but a career year from Bohm ain't like a Mike Schmidt season or anything.
Of course they can still win it all if they get hot at the right time, but if they don't they need to find another dude to stick in the middle of the lineup. A guy with a high OBP and some power and preferably right handed. Otherwise they will continue to tease us with a bunch of hackers whose upside is a bunch of doubles and warning track outs.
My ire is currently directed at Kevin Long. Too many guys with garbage approaches at the plate. The whole league has figured the lineup out. Just throw them off speed shit and they’ll get themselves out.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ire is currently directed at Kevin Long. Too many guys with garbage approaches at the plate. The whole league has figured the lineup out. Just throw them off speed shit and they’ll get themselves out.
I don't really focus that much on him because whatever he is doing is behind the scenes. But he is collecting a paycheck and it's hard to give credit for the results the hitters have had so far so I can't argue with you there.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really focus that much on him because whatever he is doing is behind the scenes. But he is collecting a paycheck and it's hard to give credit for the results the hitters have had so far so I can't argue with you there.
Here’s an article Gelb did on this yesterday. My issue with Long is that this same issue continues to come up with the Phillies hitters. It’s why the entire Diamondbacks series changed. They can’t seem to adjust.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Yankees hitting coach lol