• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL East smack talk

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's regressed, but I don't think there's that much to be concerned about. 4.50 ERA from May 26-July 6 (not including tonight), but a 3.84 FIP and 3.41 xFIP. if anything, I'd say he's been a bit unlucky with home runs especially given his ground ball tendencies. he's not a big strikeout pitcher, but he doesn't walk a lot of batters. He still has a 3.05 FIP and 3.04 xFIP on the season. his velocity has been down a bit in his last few starts, but his velocity is also down from 22/23

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranger Suarez has really started to regress to the mean. There’s a couple of factors that have him off.
1. Contract negotiations. Something is going on. Sanchez is already resigned and word was that Ranger was next and we’ve heard nothing since. Could be weighing on him.
2. For the first time his wife and kids could come from the Dominican Republic to see him play. They came on June 19th. Dude hasn’t been the same since.
View attachment 367152
3. He was down innings last year because of injury. He could be experiencing fatigue.
4. Took a ball off his hand vs St Louis and may have some issues in being able to disguise his pitches.

Who knows what it is or a combination of what.

He's still a very quality pitcher, but he was definitely pitching way over his head for most of the year.

He will balance out post ASB I think and get back to being really good but not Cy young worthy imo.