• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL East smack talk

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves take 2 of 3 over the Phillies!! Lopez with another excellent start today, and the hitting has come alive more in recent weeks. Kelenic has been a good addition and has become a key player with Acuna and Harris out, he’s doing well in the leadoff spot.
Phil’s did their job. They just couldn’t get swept. Still up 7.5 games

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil’s did their job. They just couldn’t get swept. Still up 7.5 games
You guys pretty much have the division wrapped up I’m afraid. I just hope the Braves can get the #1 wild card slot. We are hitting the ball better than we had been, Riley in particular has come alive lately.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys pretty much have the division wrapped up I’m afraid. I just hope the Braves can get the #1 wild card slot. We are hitting the ball better than we had been, Riley in particular has come alive lately.
Still too much work to do. I saw the Phils make up 7 games in the month of September vs the Mets in 2007. I told you that the Braves weren’t dead. Just get into the tournament and anything can happen. Braves have starting pitching depth this year though they haven’t had in the past. Although,,,Lopez is unsustainable at his current numbers. He will likely come back down to earth after the All Star break. He won’t be bad. He just won’t be a .98 WHIP guy with a sub 2.00 ERA.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still too much work to do. I saw the Phils make up 7 games in the month of September vs the Mets in 2007. I told you that the Braves weren’t dead. Just get into the tournament and anything can happen. Braves have starting pitching depth this year though they haven’t had in the past. Although,,,Lopez is unsustainable at his current numbers. He will likely come back down to earth after the All Star break. He won’t be bad. He just won’t be a .98 WHIP guy with a sub 2.00 ERA.
Yeah Lopez will no doubt come back down to earth at some point but he’ll still be solid IMO, him and Sale were both great additions to the team.
Eddie Rosario is back with us now in the outfield, he helped us in 2021 so maybe he’ll produce something, the outfield has been weak without Acuna and Harris. Losing Acuna for the year is a huge blow but yeah I think we can still be World Series contenders - this is the best Braves pitching rotation we’ve seen in a while.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just get in and have that lineup get hot at the right time.

Ya’ll have had dominant regular season teams lately lose right away.

Don’t think it matters what seed. You have the pitching. And the hitting potential is there with positive regression.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you should never count out Dodgers, especially in regular season with their depth

But with Twins PPD today and Phils/Dodgers on TV I told a buddy that Phillies -145 was the deal of the century. Wheeler vs fucking Miller?? Unreal odds. Sprinkled some 1.5 too since that was like even up

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you should never count out Dodgers, especially in regular season with their depth

But with Twins PPD today and Phils/Dodgers on TV I told a buddy that Phillies -145 was the deal of the century. Wheeler vs fucking Miller?? Unreal odds. Sprinkled some 1.5 too since that was like even up
So you’re the man I come see if this doesn’t work out?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Today go the other way. Sanchez a couple mediocre starts in a row plus the Dodgers are like 24-9 vs LHP this year.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranger Suarez has really started to regress to the mean. There’s a couple of factors that have him off.
1. Contract negotiations. Something is going on. Sanchez is already resigned and word was that Ranger was next and we’ve heard nothing since. Could be weighing on him.
2. For the first time his wife and kids could come from the Dominican Republic to see him play. They came on June 19th. Dude hasn’t been the same since.
IMG_4772.png
3. He was down innings last year because of injury. He could be experiencing fatigue.
4. Took a ball off his hand vs St Louis and may have some issues in being able to disguise his pitches.

Who knows what it is or a combination of what.