• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners trade for Jonathan Martin.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since its a conditional pick, the line is pretty set this season, if he makes the team just keep him on as a back up. Make sure it stays a 7th rounder.

I like this.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus. This board is filled with a lot of anger tonight. What's wrong with rolling the dice with Martin and Gabbert? For what the price will be for both players there is no downside with either move. The locker room is strong enough to handle any questions or concerns with Martin. And if they don't work out the price is negligible. If anyone can turn around these players it's Harbaugh. His strengths-Developing QB's, and restoring confidence in a underperforming players fit these players to a t.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 potential 6th rounder, robbery! Got to love capitalizing on other teams issues.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like you guys so I hope he doesn't make it out of camp. You don't need the drama when he melts down during a playoff run, which is inevitable if he's still around.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'll cry for a 5th rounder. Are you kidding me a fourth!!?? this year it wouldn't surprise me if half the teams in the league find a starter out of their 4th round picks.

We aren't half the teams in the league. A mid round pick starting for SF is a different situation than a mid round pick starting for Oakland.

Also, where are people getting the idea that it's a mid round pick? Maybe it's a conditional 7th, with the condition being he makes the team.

He's going to compete with Snyder for the swing tackle position. He has no guaranteed money and makes 825k this year. If he doesn't make the team we may be on the hook for nothing.

Also, if it's a conditional pick, it will be a 2015 pick.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disgusting... Not that he's not good on the field but he showed how weak he is in the locker room.

Interesting to see how this unfolds

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least he wont have to block Aldon Smith anymore... JESUS!

aldon.gif

Damn he's already got a bully on the team!

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

aldon.gif

DAAAAAMN!

Ok, Maybe he needs some work. damn

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

aldon.gif

I'm pretty sure Incognito tripped Martin there... :yes:

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Disgusting... Not that he's not good on the field but he showed how weak he is in the locker room.

Interesting to see how this unfolds

But are there players on the Niners that even remotely resemble guys like Incognito and Pouncey? You can't compare our locker room and coaching staff with that of the Dolphins.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But are there players on the Niners that even remotely resemble guys like Incognito and Pouncey? You can't compare our locker room and coaching staff with that of the Dolphins.

It doesn't matter. The locker room pressure there doesn't compare with the pressure of being on a team that could actually not suck in SF. He will fold during a playoff run.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like you guys so I hope he doesn't make it out of camp. You don't need the drama when he melts down during a playoff run, which is inevitable if he's still around.

I knew you'd show up eventually. Niners have plenty of leadership and coaching to weather the storm, but thanks for your concern anyways.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter. The locker room pressure there doesn't compare with the pressure of being on a team that could actually not suck in SF. He will fold during a playoff run.

I kind of doubt it. Playing for his college coach/cheerleader in Jim Harbaugh should add a support system JMart was lacking in Miami.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's young! Some guys just need time to mature and come into their own. Maybe thats the case for Martin.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The guy broke trust... People have different interpretation of the exchanged texts n he did nothing to stop them or asked them to stop. He went to the principal office...