• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners' OL best in the game

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I know a performance agains the Bills doesn't exactly end this discussion, but did you see how much time Alex had to throw the ball yesterday?

On one play, Alex actually took the snap, put the ball on the ground, ran to the sideline to get his phone, tweeted how he's going to throw a touchdown on that play, went back onto the field, stretched out a little, picked up the ball & threw a TD to Kyle Williams.

I don't remember the last time I've seen a QB with so much time to throw the ball. It was probably 2007 when the Pats went on that regular season tear.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a performance agains the Bills doesn't exactly end this discussion, but did you see how much time Alex had to throw the ball yesterday?

Brady consistently has time to go through his reads - Like you said, Buffalo isn't a benchmark you want to use for measuring the prowess of your O'Line against.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got the New York Giants next. How they perform against that defensive line will tell us a lot.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike Iupati is the best offensive lineman in the league. Just my opinion. Marcel Dareus would agree with that assessment as well. Joe Staley was Mario Williams' elementary school teacher yesterday afternoon, and he sent Mario to recess. To be fair Mario has been a non factor all year so... Anthony Davis, I mean, if he doesn't make the probowl this year I'd be shocked.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mario Williams was moved to the left side in the second half. He couldn't do shit against Staley.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yes, the 49ers have one of the best lines in football, no question. Staley/Iupati might be the best left side in all of football.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've seen two analysts agree with clyde today about the left side. Matt Williamson was one (more traditional analyst, ex-scout) and the other was one of the PFF guys I believe (it may have been an FO writer or alum).

Anyway, it's a popular opinion.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Iupati is the best offensive lineman in the league. Just my opinion. Marcel Dareus would agree with that assessment as well. Joe Staley was Mario Williams' elementary school teacher yesterday afternoon, and he sent Mario to recess. To be fair Mario has been a non factor all year so... Anthony Davis, I mean, if he doesn't make the probowl this year I'd be shocked.

For me, Iupati's "improvement test" comes Mon Night 10/29 when we play @ Arizona. Calais Campbell has owned Iupati the previous 4 times we have played them. I will be watching that match-up very closely.

As for AD, You and I may be the biggest AD fans on the board and I wholeheartedly agree and signed my name to it back in July here:

I'll step out on a ledge for AD and say he will make the pro-bowl this year.

AD is just flat-nasty in run and now his pass-pro is approaching a top shelf as well. If he continues to play at this level he absolutely deserves to be in the Pro-Bowl!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Mario Williams was moved to the left side in the second half. He couldn't do shit against Staley.

He's either not 100% yet, not the same after the injury or he can't move as fast with all those millions in his pockets. The latter tends to happen a lot.

I'm sure he'll be dominant in 5 and a half years if he's healthy.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
A lot of people have been saying Bulaga is a better tackle than Davis, but right now I'd have to go with AD.

Davis was just really young & raw his first year and a half.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people have been saying Bulaga is a better tackle than Davis, but right now I'd have to go with AD.

Davis was just really young & raw his first year and a half.

He was both, but he arrived with a very high ceiling - lucky for us he has chosen to reach his potential instead of just getting paid for it.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth, PFF currently has Staley ranked as the best OT in the league, Iupati as the 3 best OG, Goodwin as the best C, and Boone as the #1 OG.

Wow.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For what it's worth, PFF currently has Staley ranked as the best OT in the league, Iupati as the 3 best OG, Goodwin as the best C, and Boone as the #1 OG.

Wow.

Where's Davis? He was the #2 RT last week I believe.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in their top-5, which is Staley, Duane Brown, Andrew Whitworth, William Beatty, and Sebastian Vollmer.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. I think he's been the Giants' RT all season long.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still probably give the edge to the Texans. We're a close second IMO.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gets credit for Iupati and Davis? Singletary or Baalke? or McBoozehound? Singletary wanted O-Line, O-Line, 0-Line and I believe he had the final say on all football decisions after McBoozy quit... but I remember some article saying Baalke graded that draft and set up the board. Which is probably why picking Mays made Trent so mad...