• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners - Lions

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One thing to remember is Jimmy G is actually learning Shanahan's complicated offense this year. Last year it was a bare bones playbook for a few games. Doesn't excuse some of his poor throws.

with the entire off season and one game in, sorry but i'm not buying it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The defense too. The DBs, with the eeption of Sherman who was outstanding, are horrendous and the pass rush is almost non existant. The only bright spot I see is that KC's defense is not very good.
I expect the game to be something like 55 to 27

No doubt the defense isn't good, but it is exacerbated by no pass rush. but we all expected it so there it is, no surprise. But offensively, we all expected much more efficiency. So expectations is the difference.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the entire off season and one game in, sorry but i'm not buying it.

He may not be 'learning it' per se, but Shanahan admitted that the injury to McKinnon forced him to scrap a lot and revamp it within a within a week before the start of Week 1. I think that's why we are seeing/hearing about a lot of issues with guys running the wrong routes which lead to incompletions/interceptions. The loss of Goodwin, and particularly his speed has also significantly limited the pass offense. Guys were covered up quite well against a less than average Lions defensive backfield.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But as is the nature of football, soon as you bet on the Over..........Mahomes with 2 picks and a sack fumble.
Hmmm, I would not be surprised if the 49ers don't get a pick all year; their coverage is that poor and the opposition won't throw in Sherman's direction.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt the defense isn't good, but it is exacerbated by no pass rush. but we all expected it so there it is, no surprise. But offensively, we all expected much more efficiency. So expectations is the difference.
Yep. We drank the Jimmy G kool-aid a little too soon. Jury is still out though, he could improve some