• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners - Lions

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodged a bullet and got the win in the home opener
DB's bite

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Almost.nonesxistent pass rush all game

Yes, be all knew this going into the season

I saw today's game and yes, there was a non-existent pass rush. But it wasn't surprising whereas the offense was disappointing.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way!

He isn't playing like last year, but he has much less "deer in headlights" than Kaepernick.
He had it today for sure against a bad defense. He got sacked six times because he was afraid to let the ball go. Same way kaepernick's demise started. And the inexcusable "INT" in the 4th along with the sack on the sideline when all he had to do was throw it away. Its like his brain locked up.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He had it today for sure against a bad defense. He got sacked six times because he was afraid to let the ball go. Same way kaepernick's demise started. And the inexcusable "INT" in the 4th along with the sack on the sideline when all he had to do was throw it away. Its like his brain locked up.

Yes, most definitely on that last INT that was nullified by penalty. A few of those sacks could've be avoided, or at least the loss of yardage. But overall, he isn't close to what Kaepernick was.

With all this talk of "a full off season in Shannahan's playbook", i expected him to be more efficient. So yes he doesn't look as good, but he's not as lost as Kap.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is going to get crushed in Kansas City next week; absolutely blown off the field.

Well, they will definitely need a better pass rush and secondary play to avoid mahomes putting 40 up on them.

If garoppolo can play well, they can put up 30+ because the chiefs secondary and pass rush is bad.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, most definitely on that last INT that was nullified by penalty. A few of those sacks could've be avoided, or at least the loss of yardage. But overall, he isn't close to what Kaepernick was.

With all this talk of "a full off season in Shannahan's playbook", i expected him to be more efficient. So yes he doesn't look as good, but he's not as lost as Kap.
Agreed. But Kaepernick's demise started slowly as well and as his confidence got shot so did his game. Let's hope this doesn't happen to Garoppolo.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, obviously this offense needs to get much better.
The defense too. The DBs, with the eeption of Sherman who was outstanding, are horrendous and the pass rush is almost non existant. The only bright spot I see is that KC's defense is not very good.
I expect the game to be something like 55 to 27

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they will definitely need a better pass rush and secondary play to avoid mahomes putting 40 up on them.

If garoppolo can play well, they can put up 30+ because the chiefs secondary and pass rush is bad.
40? They put up more than that against a good defense on the road on Sunday. Imagine what they'll do at home against a bad defense.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers scored thirty and that should have been enough to win. bad play by the defense. Pass rush was almost non-existent the whole game. No pressure from the edge at all. The secondary played poorly too. Luckily Stafford overthrew some of the deep routes where a receiver is open. At least half of Jimmy Gs sacks were coverage sacks. Needs to get rid of the ball when no one is open.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But Kaepernick's demise started slowly as well and as his confidence got shot so did his game. Let's hope this doesn't happen to Garoppolo.

One thing to remember is Jimmy G is actually learning Shanahan's complicated offense this year. Last year it was a bare bones playbook for a few games. Doesn't excuse some of his poor throws.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why, but I almost got a Rashard Robinson feeling watching A. Witherspoon yesterday. RR has a promising rookie campaign, and then a shortened penalty-filled second season. Hopefully, history ain't repeating itself. I'd have to review the game some more before I can comment, but it sure did look like SF receivers were glued for most of the day leading to those sacks.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to remember is Jimmy G is actually learning Shanahan's complicated offense this year. Last year it was a bare bones playbook for a few games. Doesn't excuse some of his poor throws.
I'm not as worried about poor throws so much as I am the fear to throw the ball after getting burned last week. He's hanging on to the ball way to long. Last year he didn't usually come close to getting sacked because he got rid of the ball so quickly.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not as worried about poor throws so much as I am the fear to throw the ball after getting burned last week. He's hanging on to the ball way to long. Last year he didn't usually come close to getting sacked because he got rid of the ball so quickly.

Yes, i only watched the Lions game, but it surprised me how long he held the ball. Sometimes you have to for long routes obviously, but overall you could see it.