• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners interested in Darrelle Revis

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably true. At least Ian Rapoport says he absolutely has a future in Tampa.

Yeah I just saw that too. I agree though, I think Lovie will find many ways to utilize his talents. There really couldn't have been a better fit for Tampa as they have loads of talent on defense that is just ready to be put to use. They are talented on offense as well but I'm not sure about Tedford, we'll have to see how that one works out.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has proven that he's a phucking bum that cost us a super bowl. I've seen enough of him to transition him to safety. We need to get more corners in the upcoming draft. Morris I hope develops to be key player for us. I pay closed attention to the move we have made this year in regard to this position - I notice that our front office chose to part ways or gamble in letting certain players go (Cooper, Cox, Nnamdi) but yet made it their business to retain Morris. I am assuming that they have high hopes with this kid D. Mo and that he was showing something in practice to make them take extreme precaution with him so that he remains a 9er. Several weeks ago, Eric Reid posted something about D. Mo on Instagram that I didn't know. DMo might be the fastest player on our team if I'm reading Reid's comment correctly:

View attachment 8120
He may just have been talking about Sex, Drugs, and Rock'n'Roll! :thrasher:

Fair enough about Culliver in the Super Bowl. But Culliver leading up to that point had showed some real promise. It happens, guys have bad games. Fucking sucks it happened in the Super bowl, but to give up on him at CB after one bad game would be a mistake, imo. Brock has looked awful in games in the past but, he seems to have turned into a good player and Culliver is more physically gifted.

:suds: Here's hoping Morris turns into something special.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm starting to really hope the reports that Revis ain't goin' anywhere are false. Even if they'e simply open to trading him on the cheap.

Last time the Niners won the SB they traded for a hired-gun CB.

8s44.png

Maybe it's time to do it again...

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm starting to really hope the reports that Revis ain't goin' anywhere are false. Even if they'e simply open to trading him on the cheap.

Last time the Niners won the SB they traded for a hired-gun CB.

8s44.png

Maybe it's time to do it again...

Yeah that works as long as there is no salary cap.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis would be forced to play the passive, back-peddle style the 49ers like and so his effectiveness would be severely limited. I wouldn't sign him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't see the 49ers paying for him, with all of the players the team would like to resign or extend

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'd absolutely be interested in trading for Revis.

Bowman for Revis straight up. 2 expensive former all-pro' vet's with an injury history. Bowman is younger & cheaper, but Revis plays a more important position.

Cut Rogers & the he should fit under the cap. Draft an ILB & see what Moody & Whilhoite can do.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd absolutely be interested in trading for Revis.

Bowman for Revis straight up. 2 expensive former all-pro' vet's with an injury history. Bowman is younger & cheaper, but Revis plays a more important position.

Cut Rogers & the he should fit under the cap. Draft an ILB & see what Moody & Whilhoite can do.

2 former all-pros? I count one former all pro and one current all pro. He had a serious injury but he's only 26 and a leader on the team. The other guy Nnamdied his way through this past season.

You know what Sick, you might be the goofiest goofball that has ever goofed.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The other guy Nnamdied his way through this past season.

You weren't paying attention then. Revis had a really good year last season. He was coming off an ACL tear. He's had a year to get back into form.

Bowman, on the other hand, won't even play 'til mid season probably, and he won't be 100% until 2015 if he ever even gets back to that point.

This trade would make way too much sense. The Niners showed interest in Revis last offseason. It doesn't add a ton of money to the cap. In fact, I think it might be a wash after Rogers gets cut (or close to it). CB was a gaping hole in the defense all throughout 2013.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis had a decent season last year. They stuck him in zone more often than not and I'm sure that was part of why he was just decent but he was still just decent. Bowman for Revis makes no sense for the Bucs. They have 2 guys (Mason Foster, LaVonte David) who are younger, get paid less and if you haven't heard it yet I'm sure you'll hear by the end of next year about David being mentioned as maybe the best LB in the league. There would be no reason for them to add to their best unit and pay a high price to do it.

Personally, I wouldn't want Revis. He makes too much money and none of it's guaranteed. It won't be long before he's whining again. I gave him the benefit of the doubt before last season predicting that he could make it through the season before he started whining about something but it lasted 2 weeks before he whined about playing zone. He got traded to a team, excuse me, he approved a trade to a team that ran zone, what the fuck did he think they would run? Since we've known who this guy was, he's been whining about something. He's never happy. He seems to be as nice a guy as you could ask for and a great teammate but wait a few minutes and he's be crying about something!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way I would trade Bowman for Revis. Top 3 MLB for a player on his decline. Makes no sense. 1st off it wouldn't look good having Revis being the highest paid player on the team when others are taking pay cuts to keep the team together.

Do not make this trade 49ers

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Revis for Bowman.... assinine... trade one of the Best lbers in his prime for a CB on the Decline....

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Trade Revis for Bowman.... assinine... trade one of the Best lbers in his prime for a CB on the Decline....

*Get the first true #1 CB the NIners have had since Rogers' first season in SF
*Still stay dominant in the middle with a great D-line & young ILB prospects to fill the role (ILB is the easiest position to find in football - tied with safety).

Win win. CB >>>>>> ILB

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would trade Brooks for Revis. Restructure Revis' deal so there is guaranteed money in the next two seasons and hopefully get him to stfu... Oh wait.. That will NEVER happen.

But if he helps us win a sb, I am in for the aggravating time

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said time and again; praise The Lord that no one on this board is in charge of any kind if personnel decisions.

I want no part of that disaster of a contract and certainly wouldn't give up Bowman for it. Draft a CB and move on which is what Baalke will do.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rogers + Bowman salaries = 15+ million.
Revis' salary = 13 million.

And the Niners' defense could possibly be dominant again (which it was not in 2013).

sickness u aren't getting it. 49ers wouldn't bring in another player to be the highest paid player on the team. It would look bad on their part. Players are taking pay cuts to keep everyone together.

This trade makes no sense. Now maybe Revis(takes pay cut) and TB 1st rd pick for Bowman and 3rd rd pick.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis should be making $9M per. He is making almost double that which is ludicrous.