• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners interested in Darrelle Revis

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd absolutely be interested in trading for Revis.

Bowman for Revis straight up. 2 expensive former all-pro' vet's with an injury history. Bowman is younger & cheaper, but Revis plays a more important position.

Cut Rogers & the he should fit under the cap. Draft an ILB & see what Moody & Whilhoite can do.

Thank god you're not our GM...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Thank god you're not our GM...

Thank God YOU'RE not the GM. We'd just get more of the same on a team with declining prospects.

sickness u aren't getting it. 49ers wouldn't bring in another player to be the highest paid player on the team. It would look bad on their part. Players are taking pay cuts to keep everyone together.

Y'know, I'm not all that interested in keeping the team together. I don't want to keep 49ers on the team just because they're 49ers. And if a GM gives 2 craps about how a personnel move looks then he needs to be fired on the spot. He shouldn't be concerned about looking good; he should be concerned with putting a SB caliber team on the field no matter who it is.

The 49ers need a scary-ass defense to win a Super Bowl. They're not going to win one without a defense that absolutely demoralizes other teams. If they have a defense like last year's unit they're screwed. They need to get BETTER at CB not promote guys who used to be backups.

Bowman wouldn't play more than half the season anyway, and he's not going to be the same immediately. That works for a rebuilding team who needs to get rid of some salary and build for the future. It's not exactly great for a team ready to win a SB now.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God YOU'RE not the GM. We'd just get more of the same on a team with declining prospects.

Y'know, I'm not all that interested in keeping the team together. I don't want to keep 49ers on the team just because they're 49ers. And if a GM gives 2 craps about how a personnel move looks then he needs to be fired on the spot. He shouldn't be concerned about looking good; he should be concerned with putting a SB caliber team on the field no matter who it is.

The 49ers need a scary-ass defense to win a Super Bowl. They're not going to win one without a defense that absolutely demoralizes other teams. If they have a defense like last year's unit they're screwed. They need to get BETTER at CB not promote guys who used to be backups.

Bowman wouldn't play more than half the season anyway, and he's not going to be the same immediately. That works for a rebuilding team who needs to get rid of some salary and build for the future. It's not exactly great for a team ready to win a SB now.

We do have a super bowl Caliber team. What are you talking about. Who says he wont be the same. AP looked better when he came back. U have no idea how Bowman will look. This trade makes no sense. The only way I would even think about doing this trade if we got TB 1st rd pick and revis takes a paycut (16 mill to like 9 mill). Say 49ers give them Bowman, James and a 3rd rd, 5th rd pick.

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why trade Bowman? The guy could likely be had for our 2 2nd round draft picks. In this draft? Worth it. I say go for him. Let T. Brown walk, cut Rogers and trade for Revis. Rogers and Brown equate to $11 million in salary. You're just bumping that up to $16 million and getting Darrelle Revis out of it.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know you are! But what am I?... Is this how this works?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why trade Bowman? The guy could likely be had for our 2 2nd round draft picks. In this draft? Worth it. I say go for him. Let T. Brown walk, cut Rogers and trade for Revis. Rogers and Brown equate to $11 million in salary. You're just bumping that up to $16 million and getting Darrelle Revis out of it.

Yes Revis would help this team out but people are forgetting how this team functions. No way the 49ers trade for a player and have him be the highest paid player on the team. 49ers reward players not take on other peoples salary problems. Players are taking pay cuts to help the team out. It just doesn't look good.

If Revis would take a pay cut then yes maybe 49ers would explore the options. Also I agree we don't have to give up Bowman for him. I think this years 2nd and maybe next years 2nd would do it. Maybe throw in LMJ.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Bowman for an old Revis would be as Charles Barkley would say turrible. Revis is on the down side of his career and he is close to turning into Asomugha. Bowman is our new younger Willis and even coming off his injury I wouldnt even think to trade him.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers could get Peanut Tillman. Yeah he is a lot older but he would cost half of what Revis would or maybe even less. Plus guy is still a ball hawk.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Tillman wouldn't be a bad signing. I'd want another one too though; the Niners need a pro-bowl caliber #1 CB this offseason or the D is gonna be more of the same.

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis Island

With the niners set to cut Rogers and the Bucs set to cut Revis, I hope Revis takes a one year with the niners for $5-6mil, just to get a ring. I think it'd be similar to the Deion rental back in '94, except 20 years later.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6mil? :lol:

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Revis gets cut I am all for signing him to a one deal no matter how much it is..

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
With the niners set to cut Rogers and the Bucs set to cut Revis, I hope Revis takes a one year with the niners for $5-6mil, just to get a ring. I think it'd be similar to the Deion rental back in '94, except 20 years later.

Revis isn't going to accept a 1-year deal. He'll get 4 at least. And I'm guessing he gets at least 10 million per season.

And it NEEDS to be from the 49ers! :hope:

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
@PSchrags: Don't assume that Revis will be released just yet. I can report that TB has received inquiries from multiple potential trade partners.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard some stupid thing that 49ers are interested in him if he gets cut. Selling point to Revis is Do you want to Win? They can offer 5-6 million a year.

No way he takes that pay.