• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners - Browns

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way you've posted one would think the 49ers are 0-16 in week five.
I'm really worried about this one because of our depleted secondary and their wide receivers. I think it will come down to who makes that big mistake. Nomally its the 49es and its hard to get that out of my head. This year seems different but I'm not quite yet a believer.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm really worried about this one because of our depleted secondary and their wide receivers. I think it will come down to who makes that big mistake. Nomally its the 49es and its hard to get that out of my head. This year seems different but I'm not quite yet a believer.

I respect all NFL teams but feel we should win this. Don't turn it over (the worse mistake by far) and we should win it. No doubt the Brown's roster is stocked with talent, but the 49ers are playing better all around.

The strength of the 49ers is the D-line - starters plus depth. The Brown's weakness is their O-line which suits the 49ers. I don't think Mayfield is going to throw many passes downfield, unless you count Hail Mary's and desperation offense?

But they do run the ball well so the first priority is 'stop' the run. We won't shut it down completely, but hold Chubb to tough yards, and we'll be fine.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect all NFL teams but feel we should win this. Don't turn it over (the worse mistake by far) and we should win it. No doubt the Brown's roster is stocked with talent, but the 49ers are playing better all around.

The strength of the 49ers is the D-line - starters plus depth. The Brown's weakness is their O-line which suits the 49ers. I don't think Mayfield is going to throw many passes downfield, unless you count Hail Mary's and desperation offense?

But they do run the ball well so the first priority is 'stop' the run. We won't shut it down completely, but hold Chubb to tough yards, and we'll be fine.
I can’t wait to watch it even though a close game will cause me to suffer

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would rate that a zero on the suffer meter.

haaaaa.......yeah what a boring game. :-)

I don't think the 49ers are THAT good cause the Browns were pretty bad. As expected, their downfield passing game didn't have time.

Didn't think Chubb would get that many yards, so i'd expect opponents to lean run game. Both the Rams and Seattle have good run games, so hope Maltaban is right about "paper tiger"?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and in the general forum, he's been posting like they are 16-0.
You gotta put on that brave face outside of the brotherhood that is here. I can express what I think are the 49ers real strengths and weaknesses here. Besides, isn't it awesome to rub it in to the Niner haters on the general board?

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the 49ers are THAT good cause the Browns were pretty bad. As expected, their downfield passing game didn't have time.

Didn't think Chubb would get that many yards, so i'd expect opponents to lean run game. Both the Rams and Seattle have good run games, so hope Maltaban is right about "paper tiger"?

Much of Chubb's yards were on one run, where he went for like 40 yards. Otherwise, he was bottled up pretty decently.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, dominating performance. Some surprises both good and bad:

The good: Skule, Mosely and Coleman. I guess I worried about Skule for nothing, Moseley as well. You never heard Garrett's or OBJ's name at all. They did great. Also Coleman was a pleasant surprise after his pedestrian performance against Tampa and then coming off an injury.
The Bad: Gould and the Field Goal tries. One was a bad snap but the blocked one was hooked so bad it never would have gone in and the routine miss early in the game that he used to make all the time. They've got to get that cleaned up before it gets in his head.

DurbanPoison2121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night's game was badass from the beginning! I loved the aggressiveness of the defense and how they seemed to pin their ears back on virtually every play and play aggressively in coverage.

The offense, particularly the running game, was electric last night! I don't think this team needs a #1 WR because of the versatility of our RBs and the emergence of Kittle...what we need is our WR to catch the balls thrown to them. Last night, but Deebo and Pettis dropped what would have been long gains at the least, if not opportunities to take it to the crib.

This team is one of the best Niner teams I can remember since the mid 90's.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nonsense. Name me a better performance by any team this year.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From NBCS.com:
""Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, who threw one interception, noted that the offense "got caught up a couple times" in Cleveland territory and needs to finish more drives with touchdowns.""

I don't remember that. Am I wrong?

DurbanPoison2121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From NBCS.com:
""Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, who threw one interception, noted that the offense "got caught up a couple times" in Cleveland territory and needs to finish more drives with touchdowns.""

I don't remember that. Am I wrong?

He threw a couple NEAR interceptions, but he got a bit lucky.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He threw a couple NEAR interceptions, but he got a bit lucky.
Yeah, I don't remember him throwing a pick but the article from NBCBayArea I quoted says he did.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night's game was badass from the beginning! I loved the aggressiveness of the defense and how they seemed to pin their ears back on virtually every play and play aggressively in coverage.

The offense, particularly the running game, was electric last night! I don't think this team needs a #1 WR because of the versatility of our RBs and the emergence of Kittle...what we need is our WR to catch the balls thrown to them. Last night, but Deebo and Pettis dropped what would have been long gains at the least, if not opportunities to take it to the crib.

Yes. They were fierce!
As for the receivers, I agree that these guys gotta catch the ball (Samuel, Bourne and Pettis) but I really wish they had a great wideout in the mold of Jones, Beckham or Hopkins.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...as for the game....very satisfied with a few exceptions. The QB rapport with the receivers is still an issue....I just don't trust this groupe of wideouts as a whole. The kicking game was a joke, and of course the Juice injury (4-6 weeks).

Having said that, Shanahan and co. completely outcoached Freddie The Cable Guy and his boys at just about everything. I know he had some revenge on his mind, but I hope that is Nick Bosa's coming out party...he just shit-wrecked that offense and kicked Bakers ass seemingly any time he wanted. The whole unit just swarmed him until Cleveland spared him and pulled him before it was over.

Cleveland's D-line was dominated as much as their O-line was. Ran it right at Garrett as I figured they would, but I didn't think they'd get 10 yds with every carry...or whatever it was. Team is legit.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Agree about #1 WR, would be nice to have one but wouldn't force it. Shannahan makes use of skill players, so we need to look ahead and add to the O-line. JG isn't elite but given the time he's getting, the job gets done. Getting the blocking we're getting, the run game is effective.

Too early to say this is one of the best Niner teams since the mid-90's, but they're certainly on a roll. On a roll playing well as a team. Sometimes this type of season happens (ie turnovers), sometimes its the other way around (last season). Anyway, the 2013 team was good too (Kaernick was still playing well)