• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners - Browns

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be a big test. In front of all the lights with everyone watching on Monday, can the 49ers show the country who they are? I wonder if the moment may be a little to big for them with all the hype that comes with this game and the national attention the Browns are getting.
I think the glaring hole in the secondary and at left tackle are going to expose the defense and Jimmy G respectively. I believe the 49ers will play it close but a mistake or series of mistakes will determine the outcome. I believe it is the 49ers who will make that mistake.
The Browns, unfortunately, got their swagger and confidence back last week and there is to much firepower on that team for a suspect secondary to shut down for an entire game. The combination of Chubb, Landry and Beckham will be too much so I reluctantly have it:
Browns 27
49ers 24
Remember what happened in 1981 after the 49ers lost to the Browns though. Let's hope that happens again

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is going to be a big test. In front of all the lights with everyone watching on Monday, can the 49ers show the country who they are? I wonder if the moment may be a little to big for them with all the hype that comes with this game and the national attention the Browns are getting.
I think the glaring hole in the secondary and at left tackle are going to expose the defense and Jimmy G respectively. I believe the 49ers will play it close but a mistake or series of mistakes will determine the outcome. I believe it is the 49ers who will make that mistake.
The Browns, unfortunately, got their swagger and confidence back last week and there is to much firepower on that team for a suspect secondary to shut down for an entire game. The combination of Chubb, Landry and Beckham will be too much so I reluctantly have it:
Browns 27
49ers 24
Remember what happened in 1981 after the 49ers lost to the Browns though. Let's hope that happens again

Not surprising coming from the 'dark cloud'. :-)

IMO the 49er's will win and all this 'big test' occurs against the Rams.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concern right now with left corner. Verrett has some sort of injury. Not sure the extent but if he goes down it is down to third string.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising coming from the 'dark cloud'. :-)

IMO the 49er's will win and all this 'big test' occurs against the Rams.
Here's to hoping that I am wrong and you are right. I'm not to worried about the Rams after seeing them struggle against the Browns and Panthers and get stomped by the Bucs. I think they are a paper tiger.

Last edited:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concern right now with left corner. Verrett has some sort of injury. Not sure the extent but if he goes down it is down to third string.
I heard that Mosley had the nod over Verrett at left corner? Regardless, either is going to get torched by Landry and Beckham. That spot is the reason I give the edge to the Browns.
Perhaps though Skule is not as big a liability as we thought since he didn't allow a sack of Garoppolo and the Steelers got 8 against the Bengals last night.
I hope Garoppolo is still standing at the end of the game. This is the one I was really concerned about him getting injured. If we come out of this with a healthy Garoppolo, win or lose, I'll be OK. I have a feeling they are going to take off after this loss if Jimmy is healthy.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that Mosley had the nod over Verrett at left corner? Regardless, either is going to get torched by Landry and Beckham. That spot is the reason I give the edge to the Browns.
Perhaps though Skule is not as big a liability as we thought since he didn't allow a sack of Garoppolo and the Steelers got 8 against the Bengals last night.
I hope Garoppolo is still standing at the end of the game. This is the one I was really concerned about him getting injured. If we come out of this with a healthy Garoppolo, win or lose, I'll be OK. I have a feeling they are going to take off after this loss if Jimmy is healthy.

They just signed a cornerback to the practice squad and are preparing to sign another to the active roster so they apparently are concerned with the injuries.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's to hoping that I am wrong and you are right. I'm not to worried about the Rams after seeing them struggle against the Browns and Panthers and get stomped by the Bucs. I think they are a paper tiger.

Ok, an i hope YOU'RE right. haaaa

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just signed a cornerback to the practice squad and are preparing to sign another to the active roster so they apparently are concerned with the injuries.
Oh no! I'm having nightmares about the record-setting pathetic DBs of last year

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no! I'm having nightmares about the record-setting pathetic DBs of last year

Not sure what Maben offers but I sure hope he does not get hurt. I guess if he got hurt Reed would take over. He hasn't looked good this year.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what Maben offers but I sure hope he does not get hurt. I guess if he got hurt Reed would take over. He hasn't looked good this year.
Maben isn't on the team I hope. Is he?

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order for the Niners to win, they need to stack the line on defense and keep Mayfield throwing off his back foot. We have the defense to go toe to toe with their offense. A significant diet of run blitzing and occasional blitzes up the middle from Kwon or Warner may be in order to fuck up Mayfield's timing.

Offensively, we need to run effectively...preferably away from Garrett, forcing him to chase plays from behind, and use play-action and bootlegs away from Garrett. I believe our RBs and Kittle are good enough to make this work. Years ago, the Niners took advantage of an overly explosive Suh by allowing Suh to penetrate the line only to be upended immediately by Delanie Walker on a cross-block. I would love to see us do the same to Garrett, who fires off the line well.

Ultimately, I believe our two weeks of superior game planning is what wins this game for us.

Niners 31
Browns 20

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order for the Niners to win, they need to stack the line on defense and keep Mayfield throwing off his back foot. We have the defense to go toe to toe with their offense. A significant diet of run blitzing and occasional blitzes up the middle from Kwon or Warner may be in order to fuck up Mayfield's timing.

Offensively, we need to run effectively...preferably away from Garrett, forcing him to chase plays from behind, and use play-action and bootlegs away from Garrett. I believe our RBs and Kittle are good enough to make this work. Years ago, the Niners took advantage of an overly explosive Suh by allowing Suh to penetrate the line only to be upended immediately by Delanie Walker on a cross-block. I would love to see us do the same to Garrett, who fires off the line well.

Ultimately, I believe our two weeks of superior game planning is what wins this game for us.

Niners 31
Browns 20
I'm hoping for that as well.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Niners 31
Browns 20

Yes, we always want to run effectively. This will reduce the 3rd and longs which mean reduce holding and sacks (less opportunities for Myles Garret).

We don't need to be a top rated running team, but do need to be effective in every game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they win it will be win # 49 for the 49ers on Monday Night Football. Most in the history of the league.the

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pleased to have Jordan Mathews back on the team. Its nice to have an experienced receiver on the team. It can't hurt.

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we always want to run effectively. This will reduce the 3rd and longs which mean reduce holding and sacks (less opportunities for Myles Garret).

We don't need to be a top rated running team, but do need to be effective in every game.

I actually think that the key to our running success aside from solid OL play is the fact that we don't have a bell cow runner for the defense to key in on. Each of our RBs have different running styles which I believe keeps the defenses on their toes.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I actually think that the key to our running success aside from solid OL play is the fact that we don't have a bell cow runner for the defense to key in on. Each of our RBs have different running styles which I believe keeps the defenses on their toes.

I'm sure defenses need to be aware of different strengths in our runners. They don't have much time to think too cause Breida can get there fast. The first thing is don't fumble, then whatever yards you get is what you get. Don't continue to struggle if 2 guys have grabbed you, just get down.

I think our current O-line is playing well overall, but a little better at run blocking. But they are also being helped a lot by Juszczyk and Kittle, especially Kittle.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarvis Landry cleared concussion protocol today; damn!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas has The Niners by 5. I wished I shared the confidence the bettors are showing. But I know the 49ers better than they do

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas has The Niners by 5. I wished I shared the confidence the bettors are showing. But I know the 49ers better than they do

The way you've posted one would think the 49ers are 0-16 in week five.