• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners - Broncos

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might not cut it but they can get out of the contract fairly easily after next year I believe. All they are out is the 2nd round pick and money but for NFL owners the millions they've paid him is chump change.
I agree. That is the saving grace about that contract. Consequently his failure doesn’t bother me so much

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we can get at least something out of Ford and Bosa. If not, it’s going to be a long season

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice tackle by wishnewski

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is up with Kittle? How can you get injured in the off season?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read the Denver oline is pretty bad so they should be able to generate something
But they didn't; not until the Denver scrubs were in there.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rush was pretty much nonexistant the first half. And our 2nd string olineman are awful
Our first stringers need a lot of work as well. Looking at things more closely, Staley got dominated by Chubb on several plays; maybe missed blocking assignments? But Garoppolo had zero time to throw.
If they don't clean that up, it will not end well for Garoppolo.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our first stringers need a lot of work as well. Looking at things more closely, Staley got dominated by Chubb on several plays; maybe missed blocking assignments? But Garoppolo had zero time to throw.

Garland is backing up Richburg at center He has been awful. Toran was a practice squad player who was playing for Person last night. He got burned too. I've heard nothing but bad things about Garland's play since he arrived in SF. Garnett is supposed be better in another week. If Richburg isn't ready to go I wouldn't be opposed to moving Person to center and having Garnett take his spot at guard. Supposedly Person has been a serviceable center in the past. Can't be any worse than it is now.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was one of my issues with the offseason. They have a QB coming back from an injury and do nothing to improve the O-Line that wasn't very good last year.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garland is backing up Richburg at center He has been awful. Toran was a practice squad player who was playing for Person last night. He got burned too. I've heard nothing but bad things about Garland's play since he arrived in SF. Garnett is supposed be better in another week. If Richburg isn't ready to go I wouldn't be opposed to moving Person to center and having Garnett take his spot at guard. Supposedly Person has been a serviceable center in the past. Can't be any worse than it is now.
I heard Garnett is going to be a cut because he is so bad. he was a first round bust. Some kind of recurring hand injury has got him this year.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was one of my issues with the offseason. They have a QB coming back from an injury and do nothing to improve the O-Line that wasn't very good last year.
I hear ya but the D Line was horrendous as was the secondary; worst in the league and they figured they could kill two birds with one stone by beefing up the D Line. Not only would they get sacks but they'd really help the woeful D Backs so they wouldn't have to cover so long. So I understand what they did.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya but the D Line was horrendous as was the secondary; worst in the league and they figured they could kill two birds with one stone by beefing up the D Line. Not only would they get sacks but they'd really help the woeful D Backs so they wouldn't have to cover so long. So I understand what they did.

I get that but they could have drafted or signed an OG this year that is better than what they have.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that but they could have drafted or signed an OG this year that is better than what they have.
Agreed. I think it comes back to Garnett. They thought enough of him to waste a 1st round pick on him and probably hoped he might finally take over a spot on the line. Richburg must come back and stay healthy for them to have any chance.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Its what I was afraid of and frankly pretty much expecting; Garoppolo looks like shit, scared and antsy back there throwing it up for grabs. No completions, one pick and a second which should have been a pick six but got dropped.
He is not going to cut it but you can't blame the 49ers, Garoppolo fooled everyone with those 5 games in 2017.

:rolleyes2:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Garnett is going to be a cut because he is so bad. he was a first round bust. Some kind of recurring hand injury has got him this year.

He was drafted by Baalke so there is no loyalty with the current regime. I haven't heard about his camp so far this year. The problem with him from the start was he is suited for a power run game and the 49ers use a zone blocking scheme. The times I watched him play last year I thought he played as well as Person. But he can't stay on the field. He's gone through toe, finger, and knee injuries. One reason I could see him on the team this year is the backups are bad. They have him on the cheap for this year.