• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nightcrawler's Houston/Seattle/Toronto/etc... Update thread

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Mariners have the easiest remaining schedule in all of baseball. Looks like they may be a bigger threat to Texas than the Astros the rest of the way for the AL West title.

Don't forget tho. The Rangers have a ton of home games left.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Texas has only 3 games left against Houston. Houston and Seattle play each other several more times this year. They'll basically beat up on each other. Plus, if I recall Seattle faces more contending teams on the road too.
6 more games vs Houston. They have played 13 of 19.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
King Felix at 116 pitches in the 7th, after just coming off the DL. Hope the M's idiot manager messes him up for the stretch run

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The head office of MLB screws the Rangers yet again. The idiots in charge decided the 5-0 beating the Twins were putting on the Astros should be postponed, so they start the game over from scratch tomorrow at noon.

And what kind of stupid rule is it that postponed games must be started over? Why not just pick up from where you left off?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The head office of MLB screws the Rangers yet again. The idiots in charge decided the 5-0 beating the Twins were putting on the Astros should be postponed, so they start the game over from scratch tomorrow at noon.

And what kind of stupid rule is it that postponed games must be started over? Why not just pick up from where you left off?

It will hopefully jack their rotation up in the long run. It's not like last night was really a night off, they had to get up and dressed and everything. Now they have to play two whole games today

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well you are all too right on this. Houston is now up 6-1 in the 3rd and have the bases loaded. In double headers you have to choose which game to take risk. Looks like Twinkies folding in the first.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know there are some games that are resumed, but I don't have any of that information handy.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros win game 1 of a double header with the Twinkies 15-7.......

I'm more focused on Seattle right now tho. Would be really nice if Detroit gave them a loss tonight. It would serve two purposes: it would cool down the Mariners and the Tigers wouldn't come in here next with a long losing streak " hungry" for a win.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Stros pick up 1.5 games today.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only counts as one I guess cause they didn't play yesterday. They are lame and won't beat good teams.
They are back to 7.5 games. They were at 9 games back when we won yesterday, gained a half game back in the first game before we lost and then a full game when they won.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the battle of shitty fan bases and steroid-filled lineups, Toronto just took Game 2 from Houston, 4-2.

Disastros now a full 8 games back of us. And if there's one thing that is obvious to David Schoenfield of ESPN, it's that Houston will soon catch us in the standings.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the battle of shitty fan bases and steroid-filled lineups, Toronto just took Game 2 from Houston, 4-2.

Disastros now a full 8 games back of us. And if there's one thing that is obvious to David Schoenfield of ESPN, it's that Houston will soon catch us in the standings.

I actually hope the Astros win tomorrow and we can maybe gain some more ground on the Jays. The last thing I want is to go to Toronto for the first round again.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually hope the Astros win tomorrow and we can maybe gain some more ground on the Jays. The last thing I want is to go to Toronto for the first round again.
That's silly. They would have to win the play in game vs the Red Sox anyway. Of the teams in the east I would rather face the Jays than the Sox or the Orioles in a 5 game series. You should really hope the Tigers win the second WC and the play in game.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's silly. They would have to win the play in game vs the Red Sox anyway. Of the teams in the east I would rather face the Jays than the Sox or the Orioles in a 5 game series. You should really hope the Tigers win the second WC and the play in game.

Thats true. Jays might win the East tho.