• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Treff's way too early, kinda sorta, 1 round NFL mock Draft

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SInce this is the fantasy board, I"ll be pretty much glossing over any picks I think will be defensive. Yes the D/St matters, but not today. BTW, I may go out on a limb and take some somewhat irrational leaps of faith in some of these..but none are as retarded as what the CBS "expert" posted today - Colts trade Luck to Browns, own 3 top 5 picks

1. Cleveland Browns - Saquon Barkley-RB. Most everyone has the Browns taking a QB either here or at #4. Not me. I feel they'll be perfectly content with McCArron and Kizor for the foreseeable future.
  2. NY Giants - Sam Darnold QB, I can't see the Giants doing anything but taking a QB here, but Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Mayfield? who knows. Why not Darnold? The combine process will really make a difference in determining a front runner out of these 4-6 QB's
  3. Colts - Bradley Chubb, DL Sticking with the chalk pick here
  4. Browns - M. Fitzpatrick, DB, no still no QB
  5. Denver Broncos - Quentin Nelson, G. I;ve got a veteran QB going to the Broncos that isn't Cousins, so there will be no ill fated win now approach. The Broncos will switch gears to building a team the right way, from the inside out. Their biggest name in FA will be Nate Solder, picking Nelson to go along with Leary, Boles and Paradise should turn a huge question mark into a top 5 or so line. QB of the future may very well be Chad Kelly
  6. NYJ - Baker Mayfield- QB, In what I'm viewing as this years Ryan Leaf, or more recently, Manziel, the Jets, missing out on Cousins causes a big swing and a miss here.
  7. T.B. Bucs - some random DB
  8. Da Bears - some random defensive player Calvin Ridley should be the pick here, but won't be
  9. Niners - Calvin Ridley- WR You don't trade your nuts in for the most expensive adoption process in history without buying new toys for the kid. Ridley seems to be the most polished, NFL ready guy in the bunch.
  10. Raiders - some random defensive front seven PLEASE!
  11. Dolphins - Josh Rosen, QB , again, I think it'll be a QB, but who knows which one. THe clock is ticking Tanny
  12. Bengals - some random OL I would say McGlinchy, but I don't think they're that smart.
  13. 'Skins - a random DL
  14. G.B. - some pass rusher
  15. Cardinals - Courtland Sutton, WR, the Cards will likely get one of the younger veteran QB's not named Cousins in free agency, buying a little time to bridge the gap between Palmer and the future. this pick is to absorb as much as Larry Fitzgerald into that future as possible before he's gone. Sutton can learn a lot from him before becoming that #1 and whomever the Card's QB is could use another target that isn't mostly pure speed.
  16. Ravens - an OL - with Ridley and Sutton gone, no reason to reach when another need is jsut as pressing.
  17. Chargers - DT- I'm hoping Vita Vea is there, but if not, some other massive mountain man to eat up space and blockers for those two screamers on the edge. that would be downright scary.
  18. Seattle - DB - time to rebuild the legion of boom
  19. Dallas - DB or LB
  20. Lions - Sonny Michel, RB, some may say Grice, some may say Detroit needs a ton of other stuff before a RB. I say they take Michel. And I drop Michel half a round on my dynasty rankings
  21. Bills - Josh Allen, QB, once more, I think it'll be a QB, but, card is subject to change
  22. Bills - some random DB
  23. LARams - Auden Tate, WR. Not sure what will happen with Watkins, but one more bonafide weapon on that Rams team would be great. With the trade for Peters, they can afford to bypass DB here and get a potential #1 WR type.
  24. Panthers - Equanimeous St. Brown, WR - First off, I'm never going to attempt to type that dude's first name again. Secondly, the Panthers need a real threat on the outside. Funchess is great, but not scary, much better compliment than a main guy.
  25. Titans - some Random D I've seen Ronald Jones (why? Derrick Henry says forget you man), Iv'e seen numerous WR's (why? Corey Davis and Co. and a FA addition would be perfect). Bolster that D
  26. Falcons - I can't decide O line or D line.
  27. Saints - Oline or DB - however, if the right QB falls to them, and there's enough of them that sound good that one might, I can totally see them taking him to sit and learn from Brees, ala Rodgers and Favre.
  28. Steelers - Defense With Bell under contract, Big Ben still holding on, the receiving corp strong, there's no pressing need for offensive additions.
  29. Jaguars - oline , can never have too many quality Olinemen. The offense revolves around Fournette, they resigned Bortles, the WR's are young and a plus group, and the D is solid all around. Now, should they lose ARob, they might reach for a WR here. Maybe Kirk or Cobbs, or some other combine darling. But, much like the Saints, should the right QB fall here, they'd be smart to grab him to push and/or unseat Bortles
  30. Vikings - D front seven , can also never have enough pass rushers or run stuffers. RB is set, backup RB is set, QB addressed in FA, WR's are solid, D is solid overall..no glaring needs.
  31. Patriots - anything Defensive with the Pat's offensive system, many many random free agent skill positions can be plug and played, plus Malcolm MItchell returns. If Brady and BB want another super bowl they need defensive playmakers.
  32. Eagles - Christian Kirk, WR, Eagles don't have much for holes, not even along the line. One thing they could use is a compliment to Jeffries. Agholor is a pretty solid slot, but not a great #2. NOt sure if Kirk would be either, but he can take the top off and at wrost would be able to do to what Torrey Smith did.
* should teams like the Saints, Jags, or any other team from 24 on down pull the trigger on a QB..I expect that guy to be Lamarr Jackson and then Mason Rudolph.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How dare you. I need a specific name! Dont just throw the Packers in the draft "some pass rusher"

Ill take Edmunds

Just giving you shit. Most people dont put themselves out there like that. I always do a first round mock challenge with my friends

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How dare you. I need a specific name! Dont just throw the Packers in the draft "some pass rusher"

Ill take Edmunds

Just giving you shit. Most people dont put themselves out there like that. I always do a first round mock challenge with my friends
Ha, yea, well, I did the same for my Raiders and Cowboys if that helps?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree completely on B.Mayfield - bust city, anywhere he goes
he isn't good enough to play in the NFL like he played in college, and too much of a neanderthal to actually learn the position.

good stuff Treff!

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SInce this is the fantasy board, I"ll be pretty much glossing over any picks I think will be defensive. Yes the D/St matters, but not today. BTW, I may go out on a limb and take some somewhat irrational leaps of faith in some of these..but none are as retarded as what the CBS "expert" posted today - Colts trade Luck to Browns, own 3 top 5 picks

1. Cleveland Browns - Saquon Barkley-RB. Most everyone has the Browns taking a QB either here or at #4. Not me. I feel they'll be perfectly content with McCArron and Kizor for the foreseeable future.
  2. NY Giants - Sam Darnold QB, I can't see the Giants doing anything but taking a QB here, but Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Mayfield? who knows. Why not Darnold? The combine process will really make a difference in determining a front runner out of these 4-6 QB's
  3. Colts - Bradley Chubb, DL Sticking with the chalk pick here
  4. Browns - M. Fitzpatrick, DB, no still no QB
  5. Denver Broncos - Quentin Nelson, G. I;ve got a veteran QB going to the Broncos that isn't Cousins, so there will be no ill fated win now approach. The Broncos will switch gears to building a team the right way, from the inside out. Their biggest name in FA will be Nate Solder, picking Nelson to go along with Leary, Boles and Paradise should turn a huge question mark into a top 5 or so line. QB of the future may very well be Chad Kelly
  6. NYJ - Baker Mayfield- QB, In what I'm viewing as this years Ryan Leaf, or more recently, Manziel, the Jets, missing out on Cousins causes a big swing and a miss here.
  7. T.B. Bucs - some random DB
  8. Da Bears - some random defensive player Calvin Ridley should be the pick here, but won't be
  9. Niners - Calvin Ridley- WR You don't trade your nuts in for the most expensive adoption process in history without buying new toys for the kid. Ridley seems to be the most polished, NFL ready guy in the bunch.
  10. Raiders - some random defensive front seven PLEASE!
  11. Dolphins - Josh Rosen, QB , again, I think it'll be a QB, but who knows which one. THe clock is ticking Tanny
  12. Bengals - some random OL I would say McGlinchy, but I don't think they're that smart.
  13. 'Skins - a random DL
  14. G.B. - some pass rusher
  15. Cardinals - Courtland Sutton, WR, the Cards will likely get one of the younger veteran QB's not named Cousins in free agency, buying a little time to bridge the gap between Palmer and the future. this pick is to absorb as much as Larry Fitzgerald into that future as possible before he's gone. Sutton can learn a lot from him before becoming that #1 and whomever the Card's QB is could use another target that isn't mostly pure speed.
  16. Ravens - an OL - with Ridley and Sutton gone, no reason to reach when another need is jsut as pressing.
  17. Chargers - DT- I'm hoping Vita Vea is there, but if not, some other massive mountain man to eat up space and blockers for those two screamers on the edge. that would be downright scary.
  18. Seattle - DB - time to rebuild the legion of boom
  19. Dallas - DB or LB
  20. Lions - Sonny Michel, RB, some may say Grice, some may say Detroit needs a ton of other stuff before a RB. I say they take Michel. And I drop Michel half a round on my dynasty rankings
  21. Bills - Josh Allen, QB, once more, I think it'll be a QB, but, card is subject to change
  22. Bills - some random DB
  23. LARams - Auden Tate, WR. Not sure what will happen with Watkins, but one more bonafide weapon on that Rams team would be great. With the trade for Peters, they can afford to bypass DB here and get a potential #1 WR type.
  24. Panthers - Equanimeous St. Brown, WR - First off, I'm never going to attempt to type that dude's first name again. Secondly, the Panthers need a real threat on the outside. Funchess is great, but not scary, much better compliment than a main guy.
  25. Titans - some Random D I've seen Ronald Jones (why? Derrick Henry says forget you man), Iv'e seen numerous WR's (why? Corey Davis and Co. and a FA addition would be perfect). Bolster that D
  26. Falcons - I can't decide O line or D line.
  27. Saints - Oline or DB - however, if the right QB falls to them, and there's enough of them that sound good that one might, I can totally see them taking him to sit and learn from Brees, ala Rodgers and Favre.
  28. Steelers - Defense With Bell under contract, Big Ben still holding on, the receiving corp strong, there's no pressing need for offensive additions.
  29. Jaguars - oline , can never have too many quality Olinemen. The offense revolves around Fournette, they resigned Bortles, the WR's are young and a plus group, and the D is solid all around. Now, should they lose ARob, they might reach for a WR here. Maybe Kirk or Cobbs, or some other combine darling. But, much like the Saints, should the right QB fall here, they'd be smart to grab him to push and/or unseat Bortles
  30. Vikings - D front seven , can also never have enough pass rushers or run stuffers. RB is set, backup RB is set, QB addressed in FA, WR's are solid, D is solid overall..no glaring needs.
  31. Patriots - anything Defensive with the Pat's offensive system, many many random free agent skill positions can be plug and played, plus Malcolm MItchell returns. If Brady and BB want another super bowl they need defensive playmakers.
  32. Eagles - Christian Kirk, WR, Eagles don't have much for holes, not even along the line. One thing they could use is a compliment to Jeffries. Agholor is a pretty solid slot, but not a great #2. NOt sure if Kirk would be either, but he can take the top off and at wrost would be able to do to what Torrey Smith did.
* should teams like the Saints, Jags, or any other team from 24 on down pull the trigger on a QB..I expect that guy to be Lamarr Jackson and then Mason Rudolph.
Wow great work Treff. I wish I knew these players. Oh well at least I have heard of Saquon

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns don't draft a new GM under the idea that they aren't picking a new Qb. I don't see it at all. Positional value is huge for Dorsey and he usually picks his offensive skill players later on in the draft based around physical formulas and upside and not in rd1.

Courtland Sutton reminds me more of Brian Quick than Michael Thomas. Not someone I suspect will go in rd1 and I think people are too high on him at the moment.

Quentin Nelson to the Broncos is something I see happening, too, but only if they get Cousins.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see @TREFF has as much faith in the Redskins FO as I do.

By random DL, do you mean someone likely to be out of the league within 4 years? If so, I think you nailed it.

By the way, I think all 4 QBs go top 10. Too many QB needy teams. No way Allen lasts outside that, IMO. Somebody will trade up.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see @TREFF has as much faith in the Redskins FO as I do.

By random DL, do you mean someone likely to be out of the league within 4 years? If so, I think you nailed it.

By the way, I think all 4 QBs go top 10. Too many QB needy teams. No way Allen lasts outside that, IMO. Somebody will trade up.
lol, naw, while entirely probable, my random inferred I was too lazy to research a likely name.

I'm sure there will be trades, I sure didn't want to add that speculation to an already crazy crapshoot.

And while its not just possible, but probable, you're right, 4 do go in the top 10, I think it'll be a huge mistake by at least 3 of the four. The more I research this group, the more I dislike them. All four of Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Mayfield would definitely fall into a 2-3 year project to me. Everyone in the top 10 is needing a guy to play now. And some if these dudes, throwing them in now, may very well ruin them forever

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, naw, while entirely probable, my random inferred I was too lazy to research a likely name.

I'm sure there will be trades, I sure didn't want to add that speculation to an already crazy crapshoot.

And while its not just possible, but probable, you're right, 4 do go in the top 10, I think it'll be a huge mistake by at least 3 of the four. The more I research this group, the more I dislike them. All four of Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Mayfield would definitely fall into a 2-3 year project to me. Everyone in the top 10 is needing a guy to play now. And some if these dudes, throwing them in now, may very well ruin them forever

I am convinced 1 of these guys will he really good.

But, I won't say which because I plan to draft him in dynasty so I can trade him once he proves himself.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, I won't say which because I plan to draft him in dynasty so I can trade him once he proves himself.
Oh I'm sure one will, there seems to always be one. My guess is whichever goes to the Giants and sits behind Eli for a year or two

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BTW, I've got my eye on 3 for dynasty purposes, none of which are expected (by most) to go top 15..I'll take the chance and let y'all grab them.guys :suds:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns don't draft a new GM under the idea that they aren't picking a new Qb. I don't see it at all. Positional value is huge for Dorsey and he usually picks his offensive skill players later on in the draft based around physical formulas and upside and not in rd1.

Courtland Sutton reminds me more of Brian Quick than Michael Thomas. Not someone I suspect will go in rd1 and I think people are too high on him at the moment.

Quentin Nelson to the Broncos is something I see happening, too, but only if they get Cousins.
In much the same line of thought, I think Dorsey's smarts are the exact reason they WON'T make the mistake of drafting a QB at one or 4. They'll sign a dependable vet in FA, and continue to see what they've got in Kizor. While they might not grab Barkley, maybe go with Chubb, or some other defensive need, I don't think they SHOULD go QB. If they do, well, that's why they're still the Browns we all know. And just for arguments sake, if Dorsey was concerned about whiping the slate clean and starting over, Hue wouldn't be the coach. I'm banking on Dorsey's intelligence to not continue to make the same mistakes his prefers did, not just go ego and have to have "my guy" for the sake of having "my guy" in at QB.

As for Sutton, yea, WR's are such a friggin crapshoot. But someone will jump

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In much the same line of thought, I think Dorsey's smarts are the exact reason they WON'T make the mistake of drafting a QB at one or 4. They'll sign a dependable vet in FA, and continue to see what they've got in Kizor. While they might not grab Barkley, maybe go with Chubb, or some other defensive need, I don't think they SHOULD go QB. If they do, well, that's why they're still the Browns we all know. And just for arguments sake, if Dorsey was concerned about whiping the slate clean and starting over, Hue wouldn't be the coach. I'm banking on Dorsey's intelligence to not continue to make the same mistakes his prefers did, not just go ego and have to have "my guy" for the sake of having "my guy" in at QB.

I can agree that WR are a crapshoot. Someone might reach on Sutton but my guess is that some other guys will jump ahead of him in the process. I need to actually watch more game footage to decide but Sutton has a lot of negatives that make him the typical rd2 WR, imo. Not that rd2 WRs bust all of the time or anything but I can see him dropping.

As far as Dorsey is concerned, I've just seen his drafting on the Chiefs too much to think he is going to do anything but draft a QB. He was trying his hardest to replace Alex Smith and Alex Smith is twice the QB McCarron is. Dorsey went out of his way to trade up for Mahomes when he could've sat still and picked Kizer with the Chiefs so....I'm guessing he isn't a huge Kizer fan. The rumors for the Chiefs last year basically said it was Mahomes or maybe Watson and I never remembering hearing Kizer rumors.

Dorsey puts a high priority on QB, Oline, Pass Rusher and CB. Browns need a QB, a CB and a RT. I suspect their 2 first rounders will go in 2 of those 3 positions. RT at 4 would be a reach so I wouldn't be shocked to see a trade down unless they really liked Fitzpatrick.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have nothing in Kizor, and I am pretty sure Dorsey knows this.

Not even sure Kizor is what you want in a backup. If they can move him for a pick, they should.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree that WR are a crapshoot. Someone might reach on Sutton but my guess is that some other guys will jump ahead of him in the process. I need to actually watch more game footage to decide but Sutton has a lot of negatives that make him the typical rd2 WR, imo. Not that rd2 WRs bust all of the time or anything but I can see him dropping.

As far as Dorsey is concerned, I've just seen his drafting on the Chiefs too much to think he is going to do anything but draft a QB. He was trying his hardest to replace Alex Smith and Alex Smith is twice the QB McCarron is. Dorsey went out of his way to trade up for Mahomes when he could've sat still and picked Kizer with the Chiefs so....I'm guessing he isn't a huge Kizer fan. The rumors for the Chiefs last year basically said it was Mahomes or maybe Watson and I never remembering hearing Kizer rumors.

Dorsey puts a high priority on QB, Oline, Pass Rusher and CB. Browns need a QB, a CB and a RT. I suspect their 2 first rounders will go in 2 of those 3 positions. RT at 4 would be a reach so I wouldn't be shocked to see a trade down unless they really liked Fitzpatrick.

How do you feel about the Chiefs off season?

Personally, I think Maholmes will eventually be great and that they absolutely fleeced the Redskins. You are going to love Fuller and those extra picks the Chiefs picked up in their 2 trades make for nice assets.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have nothing in Kizor, and I am pretty sure Dorsey knows this.

Not even sure Kizor is what you want in a backup. If they can move him for a pick, they should.
I'm not really sure why one partial season, which definitely showed flashes of potential, can put a bust on a guy. Goff is just the latest example of a bad year one that, given a chance and some patienvce, came through. Think its a big mistake to just dismiss him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you feel about the Chiefs off season?

Personally, I think Maholmes will eventually be great and that they absolutely fleeced the Redskins. You are going to love Fuller and those extra picks the Chiefs picked up in their 2 trades make for nice assets.
This was the 'tough' offseason. Chiefs ended up beating both Super Bowl teams at the start of the season but they were pretty much done with the Eric Berry injury. Chiefs are something like +45 in turnovers the past 3 seasons but only a .500 team outside of the AFC West. They hit their ceiling and weren't ever going to win a Super Bowl with Alex Smith.

I thought Mahomes was too much of a project to draft but the Chiefs got to sit him a year which is what he needed. He has special gifts in terms of elusiveness and arm talent and if he ever learns to be a pocket QB then he has top 5 QB potential. I think he is going to get sacked less than Alex Smith but throw more INTs.

I think the secondary will be slightly improved. Fuller and Amerson is probably better than Peters and Mitchell. One wonders how good it could've been with Fuller, Peters and Amerson for a year with Eric Berry coming back. I think thats what a lot of Chiefs fans are upset about. The Chiefs punted on having a great secondary for a year because the owner (and apparently almost every other owner) doesn't like him. I wouldn't rule out Peters leaving the Rams for the Raiders in a year or two, imo, so that trade might be mostly a lose/lose.

The Chiefs still have a lot of work to do so its hard to tell. I'd give them a B+ so far but they still have a long road ahead of them if they plan on winning a playoff game next year which is where Andy Reid is right now in terms of expectations.