• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Treff's way too early, kinda sorta, 1 round NFL mock Draft

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vontae Davis signed with the Bills. I highly doubt we go DB at all this year.

We need LB and Oline. Desperately.

Hoping we grab that top rated Center. A true MLB is hard to find, but we need to find one.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really sure why one partial season, which definitely showed flashes of potential, can put a bust on a guy. Goff is just the latest example of a bad year one that, given a chance and some patienvce, came through. Think its a big mistake to just dismiss him.

I would be willing to bet on it.

It isn't just one season. It is his skill set and his decision making skills more specifically. He is not going to make it as an NFL QB.

Goff had the skills and the makeup needed to succeed.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be willing to bet on it.

It isn't just one season. It is his skill set and his decision making skills more specifically. He is not going to make it as an NFL QB.

Goff had the skills and the makeup needed to succeed.
I didn't hear anyone defending Goff with statements like that at any point before last season....just saying.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the 'tough' offseason. Chiefs ended up beating both Super Bowl teams at the start of the season but they were pretty much done with the Eric Berry injury. Chiefs are something like +45 in turnovers the past 3 seasons but only a .500 team outside of the AFC West. They hit their ceiling and weren't ever going to win a Super Bowl with Alex Smith.

I thought Mahomes was too much of a project to draft but the Chiefs got to sit him a year which is what he needed. He has special gifts in terms of elusiveness and arm talent and if he ever learns to be a pocket QB then he has top 5 QB potential. I think he is going to get sacked less than Alex Smith but throw more INTs.

I think the secondary will be slightly improved. Fuller and Amerson is probably better than Peters and Mitchell. One wonders how good it could've been with Fuller, Peters and Amerson for a year with Eric Berry coming back. I think thats what a lot of Chiefs fans are upset about. The Chiefs punted on having a great secondary for a year because the owner (and apparently almost every other owner) doesn't like him. I wouldn't rule out Peters leaving the Rams for the Raiders in a year or two, imo, so that trade might be mostly a lose/lose.

The Chiefs still have a lot of work to do so its hard to tell. I'd give them a B+ so far but they still have a long road ahead of them if they plan on winning a playoff game next year which is where Andy Reid is right now in terms of expectations.

Yeah, my guess is that they will be slightly worse next year than they were this year, but long term they will be better.

The thing about the Smith trade, is that they dealt a solid QB that neither team needed for a high quality starter and a pick that could easily turn into a starter.

I say the Skins didn't need Alex Smith because the Cousins drama was created out of thin air by the FO. Could not have handled that worse.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't hear anyone defending Goff with statements like that at any point before last season....just saying.

I didn't hear anybody giving up on him either. More time was needed to evaluate.

Kizer is not the same.

The reason the Browns are thinking about dealing out of number 1 and passing on a QB is not because they like Kizer, it is because they aren't sold on any of the draft eligible QBs this year.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't hear anybody giving up on him either. More time was needed to evaluate.

Kizer is not the same.

The reason the Browns are thinking about dealing out of number 1 and passing on a QB is not because they like Kizer, it is because they aren't sold on any of the draft eligible QBs this year.
I could agree with that logic, I don't think they are either.

And I'm not saying they're the same, simply saying its too early to dismiss the possibility he's not crap, just like it was with Goff. And plenty of people were giving up on Goff, he was being traded for peanuts in dynasties, or straight up cut. Hell, no one wanted to touch Watkins or Woods around here for weeks into the season, because of him. The kid may have been in over his head, he might not ever be great, or even good, but he's shown enough that he deserves more of a chance than one season of musical starting QB's in Cleveland before being buried as a bust

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, naw, while entirely probable, my random inferred I was too lazy to research a likely name.

I'm sure there will be trades, I sure didn't want to add that speculation to an already crazy crapshoot.

And while its not just possible, but probable, you're right, 4 do go in the top 10, I think it'll be a huge mistake by at least 3 of the four. The more I research this group, the more I dislike them. All four of Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Mayfield would definitely fall into a 2-3 year project to me. Everyone in the top 10 is needing a guy to play now. And some if these dudes, throwing them in now, may very well ruin them forever

Why hasn’t the browns thrown out jimmy g money to cousins yet? They have the cap space