• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nicks to the colts

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I TALKED UP THE GUY A YEAR AND A HALF BEFORE THE COMBINE!!! "People" expect all kinds of things to happen at the combine. That doesn't mean they will happen. People expected Marqise Lee scorch the 40 track too.

You know what else shows up every year? My promotion of excellent 49er draft picks and my criticism of bad ones (with the exception of Kwame Harris in 2003). The Baalke era:

Anthony Davis at 10: called it a reach.
Mike Iupati: praised that pick (that one was easy).
Aldon Smith: Was president of his fan club despite heavy criticism of that pick.
AJ Jenkins: Days after the draft I said my impression of him was "not positive."
Eric Reid: Called him the best safety in the draft all offseason. I was right.

It's weird that you don't see you're being a homer on your boy Robinson because you're a PSU fan.

A.D - Well everyone figured it was a reach since RTs shouldn't be picked in the top 10, but this might be an exception to the rule because Alex Smith would always roll right and get sacked. Btw wasn't this the draft you were clamoring for Bruce Campbell?
Iupati - was the consensus #1 guard
Aldon Smith - I'll admit you're very good when it comes to pass rushers, but I don't follow pass rushers at all.
A.J - I'm probably his biggest fan, knew it was possible he could be considered a first rounder, but in no way did I want him in the first round. I still think he can be a Denarius Moore for K.C.
Reid - What do you mean you were right? It was between him and Vaccaro for best safety, they're both neck and neck.

and yes I'm a PSU fan. I also liked Sean Lee and Navarro Bowman when they declared. I thought Bowman was a 1st round talent. There was the Maybin situation, which thereafter I imposed a self ban on pass rushers. Other than Maybin I haven't gone overboard. A-Rob is legit, I would like to hear your reason for not thinking he is.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Btw wasn't this the draft you were clamoring for Bruce Campbell?

I liked Bruce Campbell (that was a miss), but he wasn't one of the guys I would've taken with any of the Niners' picks. There wasn't any one guy in particular I wanted w/ Davis' pick; I was hoping for a trade down because there were a ton of players I wanted in the later rounds (that draft was insanely deep).

Mays: Would've take Carlos Dunlap, Everson Griffin or Jimmy Graham (maybe Brandon Spikes depending on need).

Bowman: Would've taken Jimmy Graham or Everson Griffin.

Dixon: I was clamouring for Greg Hardy for 2 straight rounds and called it irresponsible to have left him on the board in gthe 6th.

After that pick I wanted George Selvie with every pick the Niners had.

Reid - What do you mean you were right? It was between him and Vaccaro for best safety, they're both neck and neck.

Does anyone else think that statement has any truth to it? I don't even think Vaccaro was very good at all. He seemed downright bad in coverage to me. I wouldn't expect anyone to dispute Reid being the best safety in the draft. That statement just seems weird to me.

and yes I'm a PSU fan. I also liked Sean Lee and Navarro Bowman when they declared. I thought Bowman was a 1st round talent. There was the Maybin situation, which thereafter I imposed a self ban on pass rushers. Other than Maybin I haven't gone overboard. A-Rob is legit, I would like to hear your reason for not thinking he is.

It depends on what you mean by "legit." I think he's about the 9th-best WR in the draft. I think he's a good prospect. He's not really a rare prospect IMO. I think he's a hair lower than Davante Adams in terms of talent.