• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nicks to the colts

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Cooks, if we're trading up to get a WR then it better damn well be Cooks or Watkins.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Rams pick Watkins. They need a #1 receiver. Last year, Givens was their best receiver. I think the Niners have to trade up to get Cooks. He might be gone before the 20th pick. Maybe the Niners trade 1st round picks with the Ravens and also give the them a 3rd round pick.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want Mike Evans but I dont know if we will trade up to get him. I actually see a lot of Alshon Jeffery in Evans. Evans is a little taller but both are about the same speed and both jump up to get the football.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u think 49ers would draft moncrief in the 1st just so they get their guy.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want Mike Evans but I dont know if we will trade up to get him. I actually see a lot of Alshon Jeffery in Evans. Evans is a little taller but both are about the same speed and both jump up to get the football.
Same here for Evans. I would love to see him a 9er. Boldin will be good for two more years. Crabs will most likely be gone in 2015. Patton will be what I hope he can be and be a #3 in a three WR threat. The 9ers will need young talent to develope and a bit of FA talent. Sanders might help why the 9ers get some young talent at WR.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone is this year's Julio Jones it's Donte Moncrief. Jones is a LOT faster than Evans. It's not even close.

Id equate Moncrief to TO. Has hands of stone and catches with his body. Drops some of the easiest passes you will ever see. But when he does catch the ball watch out.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Id equate Moncrief to TO. Has hands of stone and catches with his body. Drops some of the easiest passes you will ever see. But when he does catch the ball watch out.

Minus the fact that Moncrief isn't nearly as physical.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If anyone is this year's Julio Jones it's Donte Moncrief. Jones is a LOT faster than Evans. It's not even close.

I really hope Moncrief is selected within our division in the first round, so we can all keep a close eye on him. He plays like Torrey Smith IMO, so the production will be there but he'll never be considered a #1 WR or a reliable one. He'll disappear for weeks at a time just to come up with a 150+ yard game against the Lions, he'll be that guy.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I really hope Moncrief is selected within our division in the first round, so we can all keep a close eye on him. He plays like Torrey Smith IMO, so the production will be there but he'll never be considered a #1 WR or a reliable one. He'll disappear for weeks at a time just to come up with a 150+ yard game against the Lions, he'll be that guy.

So what you're saying is he'll be Michael Crabtree.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Minus the fact that Moncrief isn't nearly as physical.

Not being as physical as freeking Terrell Owens (the young version) is not a slight.

And how can getting a Torrey Smith kind of player in the 2nd or 3rd round (where most people think he'll go; probably 2nd) a bad thing?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not being as physical as freeking Terrell Owens (the young version) is not a slight.

And how can getting a Torrey Smith kind of player in the 2nd or 3rd round (where most people think he'll go; probably 2nd) a bad thing?

Moncrief isn't physical at all.

And on a SB contending team I would hate to have a receiver that just feasts off crap teams.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Moncrief isn't physical at all.

And on a SB contending team I would hate to have a receiver that just feasts off crap teams.

Like Moncrief feasted off all those terrilble SEC teams? Like the 60 yards against Alabama or 122 yards & 2 TDs against Auburn this year? Or how 'bout the 107 yards against LSU?

And he isn't physical at all? This is proof you've never seen him play. But then again, you seem to hate on any WR not named Allen Robinson, whom you anointed the next great NFL WR for some reason (even though he's like the 9th-best WR in the draft).

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Like Moncrief feasted off all those terrilble SEC teams? Like the 60 yards against Alabama or 122 yards & 2 TDs against Auburn this year? Or how 'bout the 107 yards against LSU?

And he isn't physical at all? This is proof you've never seen him play. But then again, you seem to hate on any WR not named Allen Robinson, whom you anointed the next great NFL WR for some reason (even though he's like the 9th-best WR in the draft).

No he isn't physical, watch him play. Rarely do you see him fight for tough yardage. A guy his weight, height, and speed should not be taken down so easily.

Stats need context.

Everyone knew that you were going to blow up when you saw Moncrief's numbers at the combine, as we all know you rely heavily on it to assess prospects. Moncrief can get away with not being physical in the NFL, like I said, I believe he can be the next Torrey Smith. Allen Robinson knows how to contort his body to adjust to passes; not only to catch them but to catch the ball in stride. Robinson has no problem using his jumping prowess to tower over defenders. He's both elusive and best of all cold blooded.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Everyone knew that you were going to blow up when you saw Moncrief's numbers at the combine, as we all know you rely heavily on it to assess prospects.

I was talking Moncrief up within a couple of weeks after the Niners lost to the Ravens in the Super Bowl over a year ago. Try to keep up.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was talking Moncrief up within a couple of weeks after the Niners lost to the Ravens in the Super Bowl over a year ago. Try to keep up.

Everyone knew Moncrief was going to have one of the better combines, maybe not to this extent, but people were expecting a 4.3 40. Your over reliance on combine data really shows up every year. You're still in love with DHB who now can't be trusted over a no talent like Griff Whalen. Despite not being able to cover, somehow you still like Bradley Roby. I even think you liked DVD (DeMarcus Van Dyke) when he came out of Miami. The list goes on and on. We all get more wrong than we get right, but you're just sorting through 40 times it seems.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Everyone knew Moncrief was going to have one of the better combines, maybe not to this extent, but people were expecting a 4.3 40. Your over reliance on combine data really shows up every year.

I TALKED UP THE GUY A YEAR AND A HALF BEFORE THE COMBINE!!! "People" expect all kinds of things to happen at the combine. That doesn't mean they will happen. People expected Marqise Lee scorch the 40 track too.

You know what else shows up every year? My promotion of excellent 49er draft picks and my criticism of bad ones (with the exception of Kwame Harris in 2003). The Baalke era:

Anthony Davis at 10: called it a reach.
Mike Iupati: praised that pick (that one was easy).
Aldon Smith: Was president of his fan club despite heavy criticism of that pick.
AJ Jenkins: Days after the draft I said my impression of him was "not positive."
Eric Reid: Called him the best safety in the draft all offseason. I was right.

It's weird that you don't see you're being a homer on your boy Robinson because you're a PSU fan.