• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Chubb

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go for a player like that in practice there is going to be an all-out brawl. Same thing applies here. If you hit a player like that…it’s intent to do something other than push him back. Shit happens in the heat of the moment but that’s not how you tackle

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wrote all those words to say that you don’t know what a form tackle is…thank you lol.

Let me put it this way and Nate Burleson said this so I will just post what he said.
You just posted the viewpoint of an offensive skill player. Meh…of course those guys hate that. Doesn’t make it dirty at all.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go for a player like that in practice there is going to be an all-out brawl.
It’s not practice.
Same thing applies here. If you hit a player like that…it’s intent to do something other than push him back. Shit happens in the heat of the moment but that’s not how you tackle
Yes it is how you tackle.

Reactions: DJ

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chub might have been engaged with another defender, but he was going to pull that guy into the end zone.... If Fitzpatrick goes high there, that's just two guys that are getting taken into the endzone or that's two guys that will be pushed into the endzone when all the line starts coming in behind them. Chub is a powerful runner - People tackle him by taking out his legs. It was an unfortunate play that occurred at high speed.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,706.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an unfortunate injury....

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The league has handcuffed the defense enough. It’s a priority for them to legislate out of the game guys going high in order to try to limit concussions and CTE. That means that guys are being conditioned to go lower to finish tackles. When Fitzpatrick commits to contact he’s just trying to secure a tackle.
I don't think it was dirty, I just don't think a player should be able to torpedo their 200 body at a guys knees. I think rules should be in place to tackle a certain way and if you can't do it, you are going to get penalized, and then eventually ejected and fined.

Now if a guy is diving at a guys legs from behind to wrap him up, fine. That is tackling. If they are headed in different directions and the full weight of the tacklers body is going to be leveraged against a runners knees, then that should not be allowed. If you can get that much body weight behind a tackle, you should be going for the waist and wrapping up.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,706.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chub might have been engaged with another defender, but he was going to pull that guy into the end zone.... If Fitzpatrick goes high there, that's just two guys that are getting taken into the endzone or that's two guys that will be pushed into the endzone when all the line starts coming in behind them. Chub is a powerful runner - People tackle him by taking out his legs. It was an unfortunate play that occurred at high speed.
Not everybody can understand this.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just posted the viewpoint of an offensive skill player. Meh…of course those guys hate that. Doesn’t make it dirty at all.
Until Jalen Hurts is running the ball in that exact same situation and then his knee is destroyed. It will take another fn QB having this happen to them before the league finally sees the writing on the wall and will make guys waist tackle like it should have been all the time.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until Jalen Hurts is running the ball in that exact same situation and then his knee is destroyed. It will take another fn QB having this happen to them before the league finally sees the writing on the wall and will make guys waist tackle like it should have been all the time.
waist tackle? what if the ball carrier is super-short? will the defender have to drop to his knees to make a "legal" tackle?

how about we just accept that there's always going to be some level of risk for extreme injury in this collision sport we call "American football", AKA "gridiron"?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
waist tackle? what if the ball carrier is super-short? will the defender have to drop to his knees to make a "legal" tackle?

how about we just accept that there's always going to be some level of risk for extreme injury in this collision sport we call "American football", AKA "gridiron"?
So what you are telling me is that a professional football player can't dive at a waist versus knees? It is a conscious effort on where to hit a guy unless it is bang bang, and those plays are not going to cause injuries like that.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was dirty, I just don't think a player should be able to torpedo their 200 body at a guys knees. I think rules should be in place to tackle a certain way and if you can't do it, you are going to get penalized, and then eventually ejected and fined.

Now if a guy is diving at a guys legs from behind to wrap him up, fine. That is tackling. If they are headed in different directions and the full weight of the tacklers body is going to be leveraged against a runners knees, then that should not be allowed. If you can get that much body weight behind a tackle, you should be going for the waist and wrapping up.
This post reminds me of the sarcastaball south park. Why not just remove all of the violence and play flag football?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post reminds me of the sarcastaball south park. Why not just remove all of the violence and play flag football?
What violence is being removed? You can still hit the hell out of a guy in the chest, stomach, waist, upper thigh.

All that is left out of the violence is the head and knees. If the player is being pursued from behind, dive at the back of his knees, that is fine, they bend that way. If an injury occurs from a mid section hit or tackle, that is the way it is. But a player can't protect himself at that level. It is too exposed, and too dangerous. 70% of the body is still exposed to being hit. If it is from behind, 90% of the body is allowed to be hit, just not the head.

Somethings are bang bang, but bang bang never produces a low hit. It takes effort to hit someone low. There is a ton of thought and positioning you have to do to hit someone low. The high hits are the bang bang plays.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What violence is being removed? You can still hit the hell out of a guy in the chest, stomach, waist, upper thigh.

All that is left out of the violence is the head and knees. If the player is being pursued from behind, dive at the back of his knees, that is fine, they bend that way. If an injury occurs from a mid section hit or tackle, that is the way it is. But a player can't protect himself at that level. It is too exposed, and too dangerous. 70% of the body is still exposed to being hit. If it is from behind, 90% of the body is allowed to be hit, just not the head.

Somethings are bang bang, but bang bang never produces a low hit. It takes effort to hit someone low. There is a ton of thought and positioning you have to do to hit someone low. The high hits are the bang bang plays.
Why the chest? Didn’t you see what happened last year to damar Hamlin?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not practice.

Yes it is how you tackle.
So you are saying you tackle different in a game than practice? LOL rolling under a player and not wrapping up is 101 tackling? Nope.

I can tell you didn't play football bc that is not a good form tackling

Show me where I said it was a dirty play? Maybe that is your confusion. I am talking about a form tackle. It isn't my place to say if it is dirty or not. The Colorado St player was a dirty hit. This play was just bad tackling. Argue you if you want....but any football player will tell you this is bad tackling.

Rolling under a player, not wrapping up, helmet to knee...nope, that's not tackling.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the chest? Didn’t you see what happened last year to damar Hamlin?
That's not even close to an apples to apples comp...

But the overall sentiment is not far off. A bigger issue with the rules is that it still allows for guys to launch themselves like missles and doesn't incentivize sound tackling technique. Hit 'em high, or low, the approach should always be an attempt to wrap up the ball carrier - and not launch your body like a projectile. Currently the rules still allow for this. IMO, launching your body without an attempt to make an actual tackle (i.e. wrap) should be the penalty. Any attempt to wrap in a tackle would not lead to any penalty. Mainly because, you really can't head-hunt/target if you are making a sound, technical tackle.

Not only would that offer more protection for the offensive player, but for the defensive player as well.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you are telling me is that a professional football player can't dive at a waist versus knees? It is a conscious effort on where to hit a guy unless it is bang bang, and those plays are not going to cause injuries like that.
do you realize that dudes get hit in the legs NUMEROUS times during many, many football games, and catastrophic knee injuries almost never occur? You realize that, yes?

Reactions: DJ