• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Chubb

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably shouldn't be showing this. It is so freaking bad. I feel so bad for Chubb. Class act and this happens to him. Just terrible. Prayers to Chubby.

The league should look into this play from the defender and protect players with the ball. You shouldn't be allowed to torpedo yourself into the leg of a ball carrier. He should have wrapped around his leg to take him down.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league should look into this play from the defender and protect players with the ball. You shouldn't be allowed to torpedo yourself into the leg of a ball carrier. He should have wrapped around his leg to take him down.
I dislike any low hits and not really trying to defend Minkah here but this happens on goal line runs hundreds of times a year. High/ low. Sadly, in this case, Chubb's leg was firmly planted and couldn't whip back out of the contact. Brutal hit? Yes. But intent to injure or dirty hit? A little bit of grey area. Only Fitzpatrick can know what the intent was. I do agree that torpedoing yourself into a guys leg shouldn't be allowed though. The same as launching at a guys head. I just don't think social media fans should be calling Fitz a dirty player and all that.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only going to say a few things…

1… Prayers up for Chubb. Easily my favorite RB in the league & have the upmost respect for him. Consummate pro & a great human being. Feel absolutely awful for him & hate injuries like this to any player. Wish him nothing but the best.

2… Minkah’s hit was not dirty. He went low aggressively to tackle an absolute bruiser of a RB that has stiff-armed & trucked his ass for highlight worthy reels many times over in previous years… Look it up. Can’t blame him at all for wanting to take no chances and decleat him low as opposed to risking posterizing himself again. Chubb’s knee planted after the initial hit which is bad news.
He was already engaged which is why it had a dirty feel to it.

Not a stretch to say Minkah wanted that knee to burst.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dislike any low hits and not really trying to defend Minkah here but this happens on goal line runs hundreds of times a year. High/ low. Sadly, in this case, Chubb's leg was firmly planted and couldn't whip back out of the contact. Brutal hit? Yes. But intent to injure or dirty hit? A little bit of grey area. Only Fitzpatrick can know what the intent was. I do agree that torpedoing yourself into a guys leg shouldn't be allowed though. The same as launching at a guys head. I just don't think social media fans should be calling Fitz a dirty player and all that.

I agree in Minkah is the only person that knows his intent and I dont think he is deserved of being called a dirty player. I can see a defensive player saying how do you expect me to wrap around Derick Henry, he will just drag me for 8 more yards. However Torpedoing into his legs and knocking him off balance is more ideal.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The league has handcuffed the defense enough. It’s a priority for them to legislate out of the game guys going high in order to try to limit concussions and CTE. That means that guys are being conditioned to go lower to finish tackles. When Fitzpatrick commits to contact he’s just trying to secure a tackle.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason why people are questioning it is dirty is bc a defender was already engaged with Chubb and he was going down. Minkah went from the side directly into his knee. This isn’t a case where it was a 1-on-1 tackle. That is just something that is a big non-no. bonehead tackle, there is a reason Minkah got hurt as well, that isn’t what they teach.

They do need to look at this for those simple facts. It’s not about him going low it’s how he did while he was already engaged.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The league has handcuffed the defense enough. It’s a priority for them to legislate out of the game guys going high in order to try and limit concussions and CTE. That means that guys are being conditioned to go lower to finish tackles. When Fitzpatrick commits to contact he’s just trying to secure a tackle.
It’s not about him going low, that’s what people aren’t getting. It’s about him going low at that specific area. They don’t teach that. That is extremely dangerous and now it will cost a great player his career.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason why people are questioning it is dirty is bc a defender was already engaged with Chubb and he was going down. Minkah went from the side directly into his knee. This isn’t a case where it was a 1-on-1 tackle. That is just something that is a big non-no. You can’t tackle someone that is already engaged helmet to knee…bonehead tackle, there is a reason Minkah got hurt as well, that isn’t what they teach.

They do need to look at this for those simple facts. It’s not about him going low it’s how he did while he was already engaged.
What if Chubb breaks the tackle? He’s one of the better runners after contact in the league. It’s not a dirty play; it’s just bad luck.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not about him going low, that’s what people aren’t getting. It’s about him going low at that specific area. They don’t teach that. That is extremely dangerous and now it will cost a great player his career.
They absolutely teach that. You drive through a leg to take a runner out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Chubb breaks the tackle? He’s one of the better runners after contact in the league. It’s not a dirty play; it’s just bad luck.
Why do they a chop block rule? Same thing implies imo. I get the NFL did everything they could to make players to tackle low but when a RB is engaged and you go to the side of his knee that is extremely dangerous.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They absolutely teach that. You drive through a leg to take a runner out.
While a player is engaged? That would be penalty on a defensive player to an offensive player. I get concussions are a huge issue but the NFL did this to themselves. I will say this is still extremely unlucky for Chubb.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do they a chop block rule? Same thing implies imo. I get the NFL did everything they could to make players to tackle low but when a RB is engaged and you go to the side of his knee that is extremely dangerous.
DTs and DEs don’t break tackles. Chubb can go down when engaged and protect himself. We’ve done too much already to legislate defense out of the game. At game speed, it’s almost impossible to pull up when you’re committed to making a tackle.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen enough angry runs from Chubb to understand why these defenders think they need to tackle high and low. Downside for the league is it will be even harder to get running backs paid any guaranteed money now.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While a player is engaged?
This is immaterial. The game is too fast and there’s the threat of a missed tackle. If my safety pulls up there I’m questioning why that guy is even on the field.
That would be penalty on a defensive player to an offensive player.
No threat of a broken tackle from a DL or LB
I get concussions are a huge issue but the NFL did this to themselves.
Concussions are the nature of contact sports.
I will say this is still extremely unlucky for Chubb.
Agreed. There is high risk at his position and even greater risk when a player breaks tackles the way Chubb does.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. You are wrong here. They do not teach for a player to dive for a player at the knees.

If you want to view the photo you can but as you can see Minkah isn’t even doing his purpose, push Chubb back. Chubb actually falls forward. A form tackle helmet into midsection and trying the player back, in this case Chubb would have been pushed back. A form tackle is not sliding into a players’ knees especially from the side…any player, not just a RB. This is bad form tackling 101 bc the player can still fall forward and he doesn’t even wrap up!

1695215195841.jpeg

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
overreaction

football 101
he whose lower wins

there aren't video controllers in this game.

prayers for Chubb
The overreaction is the suspension. Shit happens but it’s a bad form tackle. Not 101. If you think that is 101, you don’t know football. Simple as that

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. You are wrong here. They do not teach for a player to dive for a player at the knees.
He didn’t. He drives his head and shoulder in front of the body to chop down the tree. He doesn’t aim for the knee as you’re claiming.
If you want to view the photo you can but as you can see Minkah isn’t even doing his purpose, push Chubb back.
He’s stopping his forward momentum. He’s coming from the side. Push Chubb back? From the side? You’re demanding he defy the physics of his momentum vs Chubb’s.
Chubb actually falls forward. A form tackle helmet into midsection and trying the player back, in this case Chubb would have been pushed back.
He’s coming from the side not downhill head on with the player. What video did you watch?
A form tackle is not sliding into a players’ knees especially from the side…any player, not just a RB. This is bad form tackling 101 bc the player can still fall forward
Form tackling rarely if ever takes place in the heat of a moment of a football game. This is tantamount to a rugby tackle which everyone has been teaching since Pete Carroll brought rugby tacking to the league during the Legion of Boom days. Here’s the teaching video I and many other coaches and former coaches have used to teach rugby style tackling. The only thing Minkah lacked here was the wrap. His attack angle and landmark is on the money and consistent with this approach.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The overreaction is the suspension. Shit happens but it’s a bad form tackle. Not 101. If you think that is 101, you don’t know football. Simple as that
sorry...your posts here confirm you never played the game.

video football rules

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn’t. He drives his head and shoulder in front of the body to chop down the tree. He doesn’t aim for the knee as you’re claiming.

He’s stopping his forward momentum. He’s coming from the side. Push Chubb back? From the side? You’re demanding he defy the physics of his momentum vs Chubb’s.

He’s coming from the side not downhill head on with the player. What video did you watch?

Form tackling rarely if ever takes place in the heat of a moment of a football game. This is tantamount to a rugby tackle which everyone has been teaching since Pete Carroll brought rugby tacking to the league during the Legion of Boom days. Here’s the teaching video I and many other coaches and former coaches have used to teach rugby style tackling. The only thing Minkah lacked here was the wrap. His attack angle and landmark is on the money and consistent with this approach.

You wrote all those words to say that you don’t know what a form tackle is…thank you lol.

Let me put it this way and Nate Burleson said this so I will just post what he said.