• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

nhl playoffs

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lol the booing was amazing and really it was justified too.

New York Rangers

go see what our buddies are up to for yourselves.

good pic btw doobe

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol the booing was amazing and really it was justified too.

New York Rangers

go see what our buddies are up to for yourselves.

good pic btw doobe

Hahahahahahaha I was looking for that link. Total meltdown on that board. Someone put the old ESPN Rangers crowd on suicide watch. BTW, did you hear that Dump got banned from his own forum? :laugh3:

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Now, today, who fleeced who on that Nash deal. I remember saying, yes, it looks great at the time the trade was made, but lets wait and see.
Now they boo him, want to trade him, etc. Too bad he has a no movement clause and NTC as well.

History repeats again and again.

If I am a ranger fan, I am beyond pissed right now.
Henrik is probably top 3 in the league. When he is on, I think he is number 1. However, he is aging.

You got stars in Nash, Richards, St Louis.
Good solid defense.

How many more years does Sather get a free pass? This is no longer a rebuilding team. That team was built for a cup run not to hopefully get to the 2nd round.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also, down 3-1, its still not over. If they win next game, being down 3-2 is not end of world yet.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was laughable how many people on sports radio called up this morning said that Sather needs to move Nash. Ranger fans clamor for these so called superstars but none of em pan out. I thought the Nash trade was good value for the Rangers but he was never a guy that was going to go from not winning a playoff game with Columbus to all of the sudden being a guy who's gonna lead the Rangers to the Cup.

And compare the Rangers "stars" to other stars in the league. Out of the 8 teams left the Rangers have IMO the worst roster. Stepan took his $$ and ran. Richards is signed until 2019 which is a disgrace. List goes on and on.

I could see how the NHL would want to get the series back to NY for a Game 6 but if the Pens dont finish them off tomorrow I'd be shocked.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Boston pretty much faces a must win tonight. Who would have thought the Habs have a chance to go 3-1 in that series.
This is the perfect season for the saying just get in (playoffs). Any team has a shot at the cup.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Was laughable how many people on sports radio called up this morning said that Sather needs to move Nash. Ranger fans clamor for these so called superstars but none of em pan out. I thought the Nash trade was good value for the Rangers but he was never a guy that was going to go from not winning a playoff game with Columbus to all of the sudden being a guy who's gonna lead the Rangers to the Cup.

And compare the Rangers "stars" to other stars in the league. Out of the 8 teams left the Rangers have IMO the worst roster. Stepan took his $$ and ran. Richards is signed until 2019 which is a disgrace. List goes on and on.

I could see how the NHL would want to get the series back to NY for a Game 6 but if the Pens dont finish them off tomorrow I'd be shocked.

Rags fans being Rags fans...

They just don't have that strong of a team this year. The series was going to depend on goaltending and so far Fleury has been better. Lundqvist can still win the series for them but he really needs to step up and clamp down on the goals against. He can't be giving up 2 goals each game like they got away with in the regular season. He needs to pull out a shutout or 2 to will the team to a series win.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, Henrik reminds me a bit of Brodeur in those years where he was playing too many games. 63 isn't an exceptionally large number, but when you factor in the olympics as well as the mileage he's put on in past years, at times he looks shot. There were 2 real weak goals in my opinion lastnight, the kind that a healthy, well rested Lundqvist makes no problem.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in the 1-1000 chance that the Rags are able to do the impossible and win 3 in a row it just further proves their inability to close teams out sooner then they do. Dont get me wrong the Pens are a very good team. But teams on Cup runs cant play Game 7 series constantly.

Look at our Cup run in 2012. The Flyers and Rangers were nowhere near as good as the Pens are this year but the fact that we were able to close out Philly in 5 while the Rags struggled with the Caps in 7, played a huge role as the conference finals rolled along. Rangers were just about physically done by Game 4 of that series so the Devs were able to take advantage.

IF..and its a huge if..if the Rags win the next 3 games against PIT. They will get swept by either Boston or Montreal. Better off just losing in Game 5.

Last edited by a moderator:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
dump o dump lol what a tool bag he will go down in memory as long as the rangers exist!

i tell ranger fans all the time.....the time to get nash was in 12. he could've put them over the top i think in the ECF. they decided to try and have their cake and eat it too with keeping krieder. o well worked out for us.

sather just like lou shouldn't get a pass. yes i know lou has had more success then glen but it is getting to that point where who was on the 03 team?

if montreal does make it past boston wow! i know they are "good" but are they really that good? to be 4 wins from the finals? i dont think so....i think the devils could've hung with montreal.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3rd period of Game 7 of the 2001 SCF was fixed.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dump o dump lol what a tool bag he will go down in memory as long as the rangers exist!

i tell ranger fans all the time.....the time to get nash was in 12. he could've put them over the top i think in the ECF. they decided to try and have their cake and eat it too with keeping krieder. o well worked out for us.

sather just like lou shouldn't get a pass. yes i know lou has had more success then glen but it is getting to that point where who was on the 03 team?

if montreal does make it past boston wow! i know they are "good" but are they really that good? to be 4 wins from the finals? i dont think so....i think the devils could've hung with montreal.

Yeah man, having Rick Nash on the same team as Marian Gaborik could've been very dangerous. Once they traded away Gaborik they were back to square 1. Funny thing is that they traded Gaborik to show support for John Tortorella and then they ended up firing Tortorella anyways.

Only reason Sather gets a free pass is because he's a crony. If he weren't a crony they would've fired him years ago. But because he's a crony he could do whatever he wants with no consequences. It's nice being a crony, no accountability when you're one.

Montreal looks pretty good from an Eastern Conference perspective, I wouldn't be surprised if they get to the conference finals and possibly represent the Eastern Conference in the Stanley Cup Finals. I don't know how they would do against the Blackhawks or Kings tho.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in the 1-1000 chance that the Rags are able to do the impossible and win 3 in a row it just further proves their inability to close teams out sooner then they do. Dont get me wrong the Pens are a very good team. But teams on Cup runs cant play Game 7 series constantly.

Look at our Cup run in 2012. The Flyers and Rangers were nowhere near as good as the Pens are this year but the fact that we were able to close out Philly in 5 while the Rags struggled with the Caps in 7, played a huge role as the conference finals rolled along. Rangers were just about physically done by Game 4 of that series so the Devs were able to take advantage.

IF..and its a huge if..if the Rags win the next 3 games against PIT. They will get swept by either Boston or Montreal. Better off just losing in Game 5.

Yeah Rangers would be better off just laying down in this round. If they advance to the next round then they owe their 1st round pick to the Lightning. What's the point of doing that when you have no chance of passing the Bruins or Canadiens?

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah man, having Rick Nash on the same team as Marian Gaborik could've been very dangerous. Once they traded away Gaborik they were back to square 1. Funny thing is that they traded Gaborik to show support for John Tortorella and then they ended up firing Tortorella anyways.

Thinking back, there has been a lot of strange moves from Sather in recent memory relating to his stars.

They signed Richards because they needed a #1 center to play with Gaborik. They didn't have a #1 center because they traded away Gomez to fit in Gaborik. They originally brought in Gomez to be the #1 center for Jagr, but Jagr was dropped a year later because they wanted to sign Roszival and Redden. The only reason that Jagr needed a center was because they didn't want to bring back Nylander and Straka. They brought in Nylander and Straka just to provide leadership because Sather had wanted to move away from signing big name free agents and build from within because signing the big free agents had been an utter failure.

It doesn't really fit with the chain but they brought in Drury to replace what I assume was Holik's 3rd line presence and cup wins. Honestly, that one made no sense.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking back, there has been a lot of strange moves from Sather in recent memory relating to his stars.

They signed Richards because they needed a #1 center to play with Gaborik. They didn't have a #1 center because they traded away Gomez to fit in Gaborik. They originally brought in Gomez to be the #1 center for Jagr, but Jagr was dropped a year later because they wanted to sign Roszival and Redden. The only reason that Jagr needed a center was because they didn't want to bring back Nylander and Straka. They brought in Nylander and Straka just to provide leadership because Sather had wanted to move away from signing big name free agents and build from within because signing the big free agents had been an utter failure.

It doesn't really fit with the chain but they brought in Drury to replace what I assume was Holik's 3rd line presence and cup wins. Honestly, that one made no sense.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Slats is living off the glory years of Edmonton where he was gifted some of the most talented players in the history of the game in the prime of their careers. Virtually anyone could have won with that talent

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They came to play tonight.
Also sucks about MSL's mom. Sad news.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They came to play tonight.
Also sucks about MSL's mom. Sad news.

Yeah man, I felt bad for MSL as well. Bad enough to lose your mom, even worse to lose her right before Mother's Day. Didn't mind losing this one.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rags looking like they want a Game 7.