• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

nhl playoffs

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for whoever wins the rags philly series they have a good chance a beating Pittsburgh. That team is really not playing with confidence...I see them as very beatable

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont really know what people here see in the Rangers. There is less then a zero percentage chance that they get through both Pitt and Boston. I could even see Montreal taking them out too. Sure Lundqvist gives em a chance but they are wayyy too inconsistent on offense to beat one of the top teams 4 times.

And if by some miracle they do win the East then they're gonna take down a West team?

I wouldnt lay down $100 to a win a million on the Rangers right now.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
only reason i'm "high" on the rangers is because someone has to come out of the east. i think they are physically tougher then pittsburgh and montreal. boston should be able to handle them but i don't want it to get that far. i don't think they can beat a western conference team but still i dont want to take the chance on it. get to the finals and anything can happen

also the longer they hang around the more likely richards and st.louis who are the x factors on their offense have to get things going and clicking.

i dont think the rangers beat boston but i think they are the only team that could beat them.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we proved a couple years ago that any team can get hot and beat teams that are better then us but for the Rangers to beat both the Pens and Bruins I think some really amazing things need to happen. First being Hank plays like a madman for the next month and Nash finally shows why the Rangers gave up so much in a trade for him. But then even if Nash shows up chances are the secondary players like Stepan , Haeglin and Richards are quiet. Rangers just never seem to have their whole team clicking at the same time. Could happen , I wouldn't count on it though.

To beat the Pens and Bruins back-to-back would be 100 times more impressive then us beating Philly and the Rags on our way to the Finals.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
watched the ranger game yesterday and they posted the stat

that they were 0-11 (now 0-12) in games they held a series lead. thats insane! never being able to have more then a 1 game lead in a series

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said it before...the rag$ will get only as far as the queen will carry them...and last night he wasnt carrying anyone. Could turn 180 degrees tonight or.....

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I also think Boston would beat NY, but this is probably going to be their best chance if Henrik stands on his head. Its similar to the pieces falling in the right place on the Devils run.
Nobody picked them to beat Philly or NY, but they played a style that neither team could handle in a playoff series and got to the finals.

Put it this way. This is probably the best chance they have for a while and moving forward, especially with Henrik in net and at his age.

Pitt has been inconsistent, but they weathered the storm of the Jackets. I watched that last game, and the Jackets made a push in that 3rd. It was fun to watch. Thing with the Penguins is you got 2 guys who can single handedly win games in Crosby and Malkin. Both (except the hat trick by Malkin) were pretty quiet that series overall. If they wake up and Fleury plays somewhat decent, they can go to finals.

Its really up for grabs in the East.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Said it before...the rag$ will get only as far as the queen will carry them...and last night he wasnt carrying anyone. Could turn 180 degrees tonight or.....

Exactly. Its the Flyers vs Henrik.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
anyone see the kings gwg from game 6.

insane they get that call AGAIN. remember game 3 against the devils. 0-0 hockey game in the 2nd i believe and marty has it covered until the kings jar it loose and put it in.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Guess therangers playoff strategy is to play for a game 7 and Henrik shuts em out

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the Bruins take the East. Still hoping the Hawks or Sharks win it all.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Sharks collapse. Haven't we seen that story before? They've finally reached the worst collapse in the playoffs there is. Nowhere to go but up now! :lol:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
so the kings complete the comeback wow i really thought the sharks would win that game 7.

few years ago the hawks came back from 3-0 down to the canucks lost game 7 in overtime.

i think in hockey at least you are going to see more and more of this. if the devils could've got past game 6 against the kings i think they win that series too.

if i had a choice at being down 0-3 with game 4 at home as opposed to 0-3 with game 4 on the road. give me game 4 at home all the time! you get that win and maybe the team up 3-0 thinks "we'll close it out in front of our fans in game 5" you catch them sleep walking...then your only 1 home win away from forcing a a game 7 and anything happens at that point.

wish the devils could've opened up on the road against the kings

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the kings complete the comeback wow i really thought the sharks would win that game 7.

few years ago the hawks came back from 3-0 down to the canucks lost game 7 in overtime.

i think in hockey at least you are going to see more and more of this. if the devils could've got past game 6 against the kings i think they win that series too.

if i had a choice at being down 0-3 with game 4 at home as opposed to 0-3 with game 4 on the road. give me game 4 at home all the time! you get that win and maybe the team up 3-0 thinks "we'll close it out in front of our fans in game 5" you catch them sleep walking...then your only 1 home win away from forcing a a game 7 and anything happens at that point.

wish the devils could've opened up on the road against the kings

And if not for Bernier taking that 5 min boarding penalty, we might have!!!

devil421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
heard today that with the ducks game last night was the 20th game this post season where a team came back from a 2 goal deficit. when it was 8 total last year! gotta believe a lot of that has to do with the quality of goalies this year. maybe cory would've been the difference maker if we made it in.

Goalies....or some games are rigged on the fly to keep them more competitive for ratings ($$$) when one team gets too far ahead to maintain viewership. Don't you think for a minute that it doesn't happen in pro sports. I love hockey but realize it's entertainment and a business and in business the only thing that matters is $$$.

Last edited by a moderator:

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not saying it doesn't happen, but hockey is not easy at all to rig. Its a fast sport and involves the entire team (all 4 lines, defense and goalie). Even coach would have to be somewhat paid off.

Don't know. Never really thought about it.

I'd like to believe its just that teams are more even. Game is faster, less holding, ways to beat the trap, etc. Used to be that a team like Devils are up 1-0 or 2-0 after the first, game was pretty much over with the defensive system they had.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i know pitt won last night but damn they still are "lucky" to get that series tied up. i know they dominated the play but still only having a 1-0 lead until late in the 3rd bad bounce could've easily sent the game to overtime and who knows what happens.

hopefully the back to back tonight pitt can really take it to them

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Goalies....or some games are rigged on the fly to keep them more competitive for ratings ($$$) when one team gets too far ahead to maintain viewership. Don't you think for a minute that it doesn't happen in pro sports. I love hockey but realize it's entertainment and a business and in business the only thing that matters is $$$.

bruins score 3 goals in 5 mins to win game 2.

it would be hard to "fix" games. the only thing that can be done is calling more penalties on a team but thats no guarantee the other team scores.