• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

nhl playoffs

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bruins remind me a lot of the Devils dynasty years. Solid goaltending, great D, they can roll 4 lines that are all physical and they have deceptive skill. I'd be shocked if they don't win the conference.

Again, shame we couldn't make it because all of our biggest issues aren't nearly as much of an issue in the playoffs. Typically they are lower scoring games, we have a goaltending advantage over most and a great PK. These offensive teams like TB and Pitt just don't do it for me in the playoffs. Take out the shootouts, factor in that we are typically deeper than most teams and I think the Devils could've put up a decent fight. Oh well.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Bruins remind me a lot of the Devils dynasty years. Solid goaltending, great D, they can roll 4 lines that are all physical and they have deceptive skill. I'd be shocked if they don't win the conference.

Again, shame we couldn't make it because all of our biggest issues aren't nearly as much of an issue in the playoffs. Typically they are lower scoring games, we have a goaltending advantage over most and a great PK. These offensive teams like TB and Pitt just don't do it for me in the playoffs. Take out the shootouts, factor in that we are typically deeper than most teams and I think the Devils could've put up a decent fight. Oh well.

I agree completely. Its a shame that DeBoer never tried to correct the shootout issues. I think they could have had a lead over Pitts if they played. Fleury is not playing well again. I don't know about Tampa though. I think they have a strong team. It just sucks for them to go from a starter having a Vezina-like season to one of the three worst backups in the league.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i think about the devils against pitts and then you see what they did to the jackets in game 3. i could easily see that happening at the rock. place is jamming then get the early 3rd goal. out comes bryce and a train. turn over bam goal! then andy green pinching bam another goal. then the 4th line gets stuck out there against sid and bam another goal. lead and series gone!

i was watching the ranger game and they said so far in the playoffs (i think) something like 6 games have started out 2-0 and i think only 1 team has been able to hold that lead and win the game. you know we had issues holding leads all season

but if we did make it having a legit powerplay and pk would've gone a long ways.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think about the devils against pitts and then you see what they did to the jackets in game 3. i could easily see that happening at the rock. place is jamming then get the early 3rd goal. out comes bryce and a train. turn over bam goal! then andy green pinching bam another goal. then the 4th line gets stuck out there against sid and bam another goal. lead and series gone!

lol Mr Sunshine...but kidding aside it is crazy how many blown leads this early in the playoffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy how the Pens blew tonights game. Even more crazy how Columbus could be up 3-1 right now.

Still think Pitt pulls it out in 6 or 7 but Fleury is downright bad sometimes.

$10 says if Marty comes back the Pens are on his short list.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm really enjoying these West conference games. The Blues and Hawks game is going on right now and its such great hockey. Those 2 teams and the Sharks are miles ahead of the Devs.

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy how the Pens blew tonights game. Even more crazy how Columbus could be up 3-1 right now.

Still think Pitt pulls it out in 6 or 7 but Fleury is downright bad sometimes.

$10 says if Marty comes back the Pens are on his short list.

When I saw Fluery flab the puck on the tying goal and let in the softie floater for the OT winner I thought the same thing. If Marty decides to play next year the Pens would be crazy not to try, especially since it needn't be long term

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm really enjoying these West conference games. The Blues and Hawks game is going on right now and its such great hockey. Those 2 teams and the Sharks are miles ahead of the Devs.

its insane how good the sharks are and they didn't even really "blow up" their team. they still have thorton and marleu there.

robinson how i miss you!

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've always been a big sharks fan since I started watching hockey. They really do have a great management system. They figured out how to make use of Thornton, which is trade off all the guys having career years playing with him for better players. They also were able to get great value at the 5-7th rounds with Demers, Braun, Brown, Pavelski, and Wingels. Their only drafted 1st rounders contributing are Marleau (1998 when the sucked), Couture, and Hertl. There is hope if all these later round picks from the Devils develop right. Henrique has already broken through as a 3rd rounder.

The sharks also have a lot of older players as well and the results show. Thornton, Boyle, and Marleau lead that team. Too much emphasis is put on youth by you (cup) when its the vets who carry you. Unlike the Devils though, they actually incorporate their youth each season which has helped the vets and given them a boost.

BTW: check stats for those draft years led me to 2013-2014 - Playoffs - All Skaters - Summary - Points - NHL.com - Stats

HOW THE HELL IS PAUL MARTIN LEADING THE PLAYOFFS IN POINTS!!?!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id love to see Thornton and Marleau get a Cup. But something tells me they'll hit a roadblock on their way there.

On paper they probably are the deepest team in the West but they always seem to not be able to get over the hump. The fact that they havent even made a conference final in all the time Thorton has been there is pretty shocking.

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id love to see Thornton and Marleau get a Cup. But something tells me they'll hit a roadblock on their way there.

On paper they probably are the deepest team in the West but they always seem to not be able to get over the hump. The fact that they havent even made a conference final in all the time Thorton has been there is pretty shocking.

I normally woukld agree but one thing they have going for them is I think the two toughest challenges for them in the west would be St Louis or Chicago and they are beating each other to death in their series and may be worn to a nub before they advance.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I normally woukld agree but one thing they have going for them is I think the two toughest challenges for them in the west would be St Louis or Chicago and they are beating each other to death in their series and may be worn to a nub before they advance.

If they advance at all to face the Sharks. I think the Sharks avoid those two teams until the conference finals, but I could be mistaken because the playoff format is fucking confusing.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I like about the Sharks and Bruins compared to the other top teams is they didn't have to be trainwreck franchises for several years to get to where they are. Pitt, Chicago, St. Louis, yeah they're loaded with top end talent but they also had to be unwatchable for half a decade to amass that talent.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Possibly.

Or the Sharks could be hurt by a long layoff in they complete a sweep tonight.

Really never know with this stuff. Hawks had a couple of tough fought 7 game series last season and still won it all.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Possibly.

Or the Sharks could be hurt by a long layoff in they complete a sweep tonight.

Really never know with this stuff. Hawks had a couple of tough fought 7 game series last season and still won it all.

Yea, they have to get past the 2nd round. I was trying to say that they won't be facing the Blues or Blackhawks in the 2nd round.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers and Rangers are the 2 teams I dislike the most, but I actually dislike the Flyers even more. Want them gone first, then the Rangers can lose next round.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
only way i can root for the rangers over the flyers is if i lived in south jersey.

if the rangers ever did win the cup. do you understand how bad that would be? it would be 1994 x 1000000000000000000000000000 esp seeing how the queen would probably get mvp.

heard today that with the ducks game last night was the 20th game this post season where a team came back from a 2 goal deficit. when it was 8 total last year! gotta believe a lot of that has to do with the quality of goalies this year. maybe cory would've been the difference maker if we made it in.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes, I remember SJ saying he was living in South NJ, so I can see why he rather have the Rangers win. I live in north NJ, so I am rooting for the Flyers. I have a few Flyer fan friends going back to my childhood and we shared the hatred against the rangers, especially their fans.

Watching that series however, I think NY is the better and more confident team. If Flyers win game 6, then yea, anything can happen come game 7, but I think Rangers win this series.
Also, this could be the year they win the cup. With Henrik, they have a chance to go all the way.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes, I remember SJ saying he was living in South NJ, so I can see why he rather have the Rangers win. I live in north NJ, so I am rooting for the Flyers. I have a few Flyer fan friends going back to my childhood and we shared the hatred against the rangers, especially their fans.

Watching that series however, I think NY is the better and more confident team. If Flyers win game 6, then yea, anything can happen come game 7, but I think Rangers win this series.
Also, this could be the year they win the cup. With Henrik, they have a chance to go all the way.

i agree 100% the only team i think that can stop them would be the bruins. if they get pitt and montreal i think they make the cup finals. ugh! other side of it if the flyers get past this round i dont think they beat pitt

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Montreal, no idea what to expect from them. They cruised almost too easily it seems in the first round.
Rangers struggle at Montreal, so that would be a good series.