• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

nhl playoffs

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
anyone miss them?

i know i'm bummed the best part of the playoffs were actually watching all the other games because it could be who the devils play next. now after watching last night i'm sick already lol

will say this i think the rangers have a really really really legit chance at making the conference finals.

do they reseed in the 2nd round? or will the playoffs stay within the division? like if all the favorites win do the rangers get boston or pitt in round 2?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will stay in the division. Winner of the Red Wings & Bruins will face the winner of the Lightning & Canadiens, and the winner of the Blue Jackets & Penguins will face the winner of the Flyers & Rangers.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
what would happen if the wings and jackets were flipped? and the wings finished 7th and the jackets 8th. i know they would open up

pit/wings
b/jackets

how would it go forward?

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I forgot they started yesterday. I'll probably get a few games in, I want to see the Rag$/Flyers since this is one of the few times I can be a Flyers fan in Philly.

First day looked like a lot of offense. Were the refs stopping obstruction or was it just poor goaltending so far. This year's playoffs could be great if the trend continues.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much the same except you would have the Red Wings & Blue Jackets switch places.

Winner of the Blue Jackets & Bruins would face the winner of the Canadiens & Lightning; winner of the Red Wings & Penguins would face the winner of the Flyers & Rangers.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pretty much the same except you would have the Red Wings & Blue Jackets switch places.

Winner of the Blue Jackets & Bruins would face the winner of the Canadiens & Lightning; winner of the Red Wings & Penguins would face the winner of the Flyers & Rangers.

So they are pushing this "division rivalry" concept to the 1st and 2nd rounds now? I don't really agree with the idea. Some of the best rivalry games with the Devils were in the eastern finals. 1994 rags/devs, 2000 flyers/devils, and 2012 rags/devils are probably the most memorable non-cup series in their history.

Hopefully they eventually make it top seed vs other division's 2/3. that way the conference final would more often than not be the 2 leaders playing each other or a division game between the top team and one of the 2/3 teams.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

so a team from another division can play another team in the 1st and 2nd possibly the 3rd rounds?

whats the point of even having the divisions then?

should just be the top 4 in each division gets in. those 4 battle it out to play the other division winner and then cup finals.

how are they even going to have division winners? or is that just going to be a regular season banner?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I forgot they started yesterday. I'll probably get a few games in, I want to see the Rag$/Flyers since this is one of the few times I can be a Flyers fan in Philly.

First day looked like a lot of offense. Were the refs stopping obstruction or was it just poor goaltending so far. This year's playoffs could be great if the trend continues.

poor goaltending howard/bobovski/fluery/emery/mason/lindbach/price ouch!

lundqvist and rask legit goalies to worry about.

yeah i know the "bad" goalies i listed have won various big games and nhl awards but i would have zero confidence in them.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so a team from another division can play another team in the 1st and 2nd possibly the 3rd rounds?

whats the point of even having the divisions then?

should just be the top 4 in each division gets in. those 4 battle it out to play the other division winner and then cup finals.

how are they even going to have division winners? or is that just going to be a regular season banner?

Not sure, it's more of a bracket than anything else.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone miss them?

i know i'm bummed the best part of the playoffs were actually watching all the other games because it could be who the devils play next. now after watching last night i'm sick already lol

will say this i think the rangers have a really really really legit chance at making the conference finals.

do they reseed in the 2nd round? or will the playoffs stay within the division? like if all the favorites win do the rangers get boston or pitt in round 2?

That should make you happy.....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs have been down right bad so far. Especially in the Rags/Flyers game yesterday.

With that said Henrik choked big time. Rangers could've and should've won that game 5-0 but they got comfortable up 2-0 and stopped playing. They were dominating early then nothing. Credit to Emery but Hank blew it.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hank is the key for Rangers as always.
Calls have been terrible however, and in favor of New York. The first call on Simmonds was perfect example. Let them play. This is the playoffs.

The TB goal waived off was crap too.

League should start to fine refs for blatantly bad calls.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank is the key for Rangers as always.
Calls have been terrible however, and in favor of New York. The first call on Simmonds was perfect example. Let them play. This is the playoffs.

The TB goal waived off was crap too.

League should start to fine refs for blatantly bad calls.

Agree across the board. G is really the only position where the rag$ have the advantage in this series. The Queen needs to be stellar for them to win.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
its really amazing how the cream is rising to the top so quickly in the east.

boston looks to be in charge after going down 1-0
pitt scores 3 goals in 3 mins to take the lead
montreal handling of a weaker team
rangers well emery is just bad

the only "upset" is montreal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the Habs going into the Tampa series but I dont think they would've swept em if it was Bishop in goal instead of Lindback.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Boston has been separating themselves from all the other teams. Detroit has been playing very well and are still down 1-2.

The East has been pretty bad. Its a shame the Devils couldn't make it through to the Playoffs. Philly and Tampa were essentially out before the POs started with their goalie injuries. Lindback and Emery were two of the worst goailies in the NHL this year.