• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Top 100

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What throw can't he make?

Wilson's QB Rating by where the pass is thrown:

Luck's QB Rating by where a pass is thrown:

Wilson's QB Rating by distance the ball is thrown:

Luck's QB Rating by distance the ball is thrown:

Russell Wilson is better at EVERYTHING

Seriously, he is 11 for 11 on the important splits. Yet you have the audacity to claim that I lack objectivity because I think Wilson is better. What are these throws he can't make and where is your objective evidence?

I believe this is what the kids call ownage.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN boards were a cesspool of stupidity which is why SportsHoopla is a haven for fans that want meaningful discussion since any major idiots are quickly disposed of.

I won't lie though I do see things with 49er rose tinted glasses on but I am a football fan and I call it like I see it even if it's a rival team.

NFL Top 100: On a list loaded with quarterbacks, Rodgers is clear No. 1 - NFL - CBSSports.com News, Rumors, Scores, Stats, Fantasy

Pete Prisco had Sherm at 9 on his list but unfortunately it's from Pete Prisco. One writer I seriously do not understand why he still has a job and still gets paid for it.

I his 2012 Season Preview is far worse than any reasonable fan could come up with and he's supposed to be a professional

Predicting every game: Pats go 16-0, lose in Super Bowl; sound familiar? - NFL - CBSSports.com News, Rumors, Scores, Stats, Fantasy

Man, I would question if Romo should be on the list at all. Maybe I'm too close as a Cowboys fan, but I just don't see it. And

:yahoo: for CJ Spiller making the list!! The Bills coaches must be idiots. Seriously. The guy is, as the writer of that article said, "EXPLOSIVE." Feed him the ball. Surely he could handle 20 carries a game. At least 15. Go CJ!! Yea, I'm a Homer.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What throw can't he make?

Wilson's QB Rating by where the pass is thrown:

Luck's QB Rating by where a pass is thrown:

Wilson's QB Rating by distance the ball is thrown:

Luck's QB Rating by distance the ball is thrown:

Russell Wilson is better at EVERYTHING

Seriously, he is 11 for 11 on the important splits. Yet you have the audacity to claim that I lack objectivity because I think Wilson is better. What are these throws he can't make and where is your objective evidence?

You don't lack objectivity for thinking he is better than luck. He was. Luck needs to improve his decision making, needs more weapons around him, and the Seattle offense was built to open up far more easy passes. This does not mean that Wilson is actually a better thrower. While decision making and throwing ability can both be improved, throwing ability has much less room than decision making to do so.

As for the lack of objectivity, it is calling Wilson a top 5 QB now, and stating that he will be number 2 next year. Both of these statements are completely absurd, and as such this will be my last response to you.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can't name a single throw that Luck does better than Wilson? Got it.

And as for the easy passes, Seattle was 28th in the league in yards after catch. Once again, you are objectively wrong. Wilson was throwing into some of the tightest holes in the league. All I can think is that you've never actually watched Wilson play other than one or two games.

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has mentioned the Rookie year total touchdown record yet. In a run first offense no less.

This elevates his status as well.

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not want any other QB other than Wilson. The chemistry is working too well right now.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all Seahawk fans are happy to have Wilson and would take him over any of the other 2012 rookies. Still, it was one great run of football over a half of a season that didn't produce any hardware. Of course we know why. Had they let Wilson have more plays earlier on they win the West. They finished just a half game back of SF and lost several games they were in with chances late to win, but didn't give Wilson the tools to do so.

History won't care about why there was no hardware for the Seahawks. I like Wilson's upside and I think he should easily be right there are the top of the 2012 class next season, however any talk of where he might stand against the veteran QB's of the league is way premature. Brady, Rogers, heck even Flacco have taken their knocks and gone on to bring their teams wins and done so over a period of time.

If one of those 4 ends up SB MPV's you might put a claim in they are in the top 5 of QB's, but it would take at least that IMO.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
9er week this week.

Suh shouldn't be so high.

Roddy and Dez feel too high as well but looking at their stats they both had pretty good years so I don't take major issues with their placements.

Looks like the last player I didn't account for in the NFCW was Peterson and him and Tillman were the two CBs ahead of Sherman.

Peterson is too high as well and he has no business being ahead of Sherman.

I would put Sherman ahead of Tillman but Tillman had a really strong year so I don't think it's a grievous crime that Tillman is ahead of Sherman.

The rest I didn't have issue with as they were about right.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9er week this week.

Suh shouldn't be so high.

Roddy and Dez feel too high as well but looking at their stats they both had pretty good years so I don't take major issues with their placements.

Looks like the last player I didn't account for in the NFCW was Peterson and him and Tillman were the two CBs ahead of Sherman.

Peterson is too high as well and he has no business being ahead of Sherman.

I would put Sherman ahead of Tillman but Tillman had a really strong year so I don't think it's a grievous crime that Tillman is ahead of Sherman.

The rest I didn't have issue with as they were about right.

Dez is too high.

Vernon Davis does deserve to be here, I have always liked Davis, but with the idea that Gronk or Jimmy Graham will miss the list just shows how bad Pitta being #100 really is, and don't get me wrong, I like Pitta, but he ain't better than Gronk (and I do think it'll be Gronkowski who misses the list).

I do think Peterson is too high, but Tillman may be too low (overall). The dude nearly single handedly kept the Bears in contention for most of the season. If there is anyone who may have had a better season at CB than Sherman did, it was Tillman.

As for earlier comments about Browner possibly being here somewhere (on a different thread I believe, but I'll address it here), that wasn't gonna happen. If players dislike Sherman for his mouth, they hate Browner for his physicality. I wouldn't be surprised if Browner makes a strong showing for dirtiest player by his peers, and that rarely gets you love anywhere else.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Dez is too high.

Vernon Davis does deserve to be here, I have always liked Davis, but with the idea that Gronk or Jimmy Graham will miss the list just shows how bad Pitta being #100 really is, and don't get me wrong, I like Pitta, but he ain't better than Gronk (and I do think it'll be Gronkowski who misses the list).

I do think Peterson is too high, but Tillman may be too low (overall). The dude nearly single handedly kept the Bears in contention for most of the season. If there is anyone who may have had a better season at CB than Sherman did, it was Tillman.

As for earlier comments about Browner possibly being here somewhere (on a different thread I believe, but I'll address it here), that wasn't gonna happen. If players dislike Sherman for his mouth, they hate Browner for his physicality. I wouldn't be surprised if Browner makes a strong showing for dirtiest player by his peers, and that rarely gets you love anywhere else.

I think there was only two CBs ahead of Sherman so this week confirms Browner isn't on the list.

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping Browner and Chancellor might get a mention.
Skillz over Brutality in the eyes of the players I guess.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Beast Mode come off the board this show?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beastmode at 25

But luck at 24!!?!???? Wow hype has sprung loose.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am shocked that Okung was not on the list. If they put him on it now he would be WAY WAY WAY to high. He should have been in the 80's. Unger is a great center in the NFL but he is not the best Olineman on this team. yes he is the best Center but as a whole Okung is a better lineman playing a much harder position being left tackle.

I am not to worried about Sherman getting shafted ( 50 really? ) seeing that 80% of the people polled on NFL Network said he should have been much higher. EIGHTY PERCENT!!! it wasn't even close. I also believe Tate will be on this list next year along with Wagner and KJ Wright. So Unger, Harvin, Tate, Wagner,Wright, Okung, Lynch, Wilson, Earl and Kam. Yes i see 10 next year :)

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beastmode at 25

But luck at 24!!?!???? Wow hype has sprung loose.

Yeah that is WAY to high for Luck, he had a solid year but he was not even as close to as effective as RGIII or Wilson and he had a ton of TO's ( fumbles and INT's ) He in my mind shouldn't even have made the top 100 let alone being in the top 30 and above someone like Lynch, Heck only thing he did better than Jake Locker is yards, thats it. Luck was 17th in the NFL in Yards per attempt, RGIII #1 Wilson #4. Luck was 26th in the NFL in QBR, RGIII #3 Wilson #4. Luck was #31 in completion percentage ( 54.1%) in the NFL, only Chad Henne was worse, RGIII #4 Wilson #8 both over 64%. Luck had

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that is WAY to high for Luck, he had a solid year but he was not even as close to as effective as RGIII or Wilson and he had a ton of TO's ( fumbles and INT's ) He in my mind shouldn't even have made the top 100 let alone being in the top 30 and above someone like Lynch, Heck only thing he did better than Jake Locker is yards, thats it. Luck was 17th in the NFL in Yards per attempt, RGIII #1 Wilson #4. Luck was 26th in the NFL in QBR, RGIII #3 Wilson #4. Luck was #31 in completion percentage ( 54.1%) in the NFL, only Chad Henne was worse, RGIII #4 Wilson #8 both over 64%. Luck had

I don't know what the voters were thinking with taking Luck over both RGIII and RW3 after the season that each of them had last year. I guess they gave Luck bonus points for having no running game that was worth a damn and still taking the Colts to the playoffs. He sure didn't get voted that high based on his stats, at least not any stats beyond passing yards and attempts. I could see voting RGIII behind him because of his (Griffin's) uncertain health status going into the season this year, but Wilson is healthy, has the starting job from the beginning, has new toys to play with on offense and has the complete confidence of his coaches to run anything they call effectively. Given all that... I don't see how anyone could think that Luck is going to be the better quarterback unless they are, again, looking at passing yards and attempts only. Luck is probably going to keep winning those two categories until he gets a running game that doesn't suck.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't know what the voters were thinking with taking Luck over both RGIII and RW3 after the season that each of them had last year. I guess they gave Luck bonus points for having no running game that was worth a damn and still taking the Colts to the playoffs. He sure didn't get voted that high based on his stats, at least not any stats beyond passing yards and attempts. I could see voting RGIII behind him because of his (Griffin's) uncertain health status going into the season this year, but Wilson is healthy, has the starting job from the beginning, has new toys to play with on offense and has the complete confidence of his coaches to run anything they call effectively. Given all that... I don't see how anyone could think that Luck is going to be the better quarterback unless they are, again, looking at passing yards and attempts only. Luck is probably going to keep winning those two categories until he gets a running game that doesn't suck.

RGIII hasn't been revealed yet so Luck is still behind him.

I would say Luck belongs on the list but not even close to being that high. Despite his stats you can't look past that he was in by far the worst situation of the 1st year guys. RGIII had a very strong running game to support him and Wilson and Kaep has both very strong running games AND defenses to support them. Luck pretty much had to do everything on his own to get the Colts in the playoffs.

I'm ok with the order but neither RGIII or Luck should be higher than 40 imo.

And this were I take issue with Kaepernick's and to a lesser extent Wilson's place on the list. At first I was ok way Kaep's place on the list due to the fact he didn't play a full season but c'mon there is no way there is a 60 player gap between him and Luck/RGIII and there is no way there is a 30 player gap between Wilson and Luck/RGIII.

To me Luck, RGIII, Kaepernick and Wilson are all pretty close and I think you could make a solid case for any of those guys being the best going forward.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII hasn't been revealed yet so Luck is still behind him.

I would say Luck belongs on the list but not even close to being that high. Despite his stats you can't look past that he was in by far the worst situation of the 1st year guys. RGIII had a very strong running game to support him and Wilson and Kaep has both very strong running games AND defenses to support them. Luck pretty much had to do everything on his own to get the Colts in the playoffs.

I'm ok with the order but neither RGIII or Luck should be higher than 40 imo.

And this were I take issue with Kaepernick's and to a lesser extent Wilson's place on the list. At first I was ok way Kaep's place on the list due to the fact he didn't play a full season but c'mon there is no way there is a 60 player gap between him and Luck/RGIII and there is no way there is a 30 player gap between Wilson and Luck/RGIII.

To me Luck, RGIII, Kaepernick and Wilson are all pretty close and I think you could make a solid case for any of those guys being the best going forward.

I have one issue with your post, Reggie Wayne, was ranked 21. Way higher then ANYONE RG3, Wilson or Kap had to throw to. and if im not mistaken the 3 didn't have one WR on the list. Kap did have Davis.

(harvin is counted as a seahawk but obviously Wilson didn't have him last year)

I was off by one with my posts yesterday
Lynch was 24 (not 25)

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard the argument that Luck's team was so much less talented than the Seahawks or Redskins, and I just don't put much stock in it. Even if it were true, which it very well may be, he was also helped a great deal by the schedule.

Independent opponents winning percentage (Opp W & L minus outcome of games against the Colts) was by far the lowest of the three teams. When not playing the Colts, their opponents won 45% (108-132) of their games, as opposed to 50.2% ((120-119-1) for the Redskins and 51.7% (122-114-4) for the Seahawks. The Colts also faced teams that were 2-14 three times while the worst team the Redskins faces was 4-12 (Eagles) and the Seahawks 4-12 (Lions; Colts also faced the Lions).

The Colts played 6 games against 10 win teams (6 for Seattle 4 for Washington) and 10 against teams with losing records (9 for Seattle and 7 for Washington). The Colts did play 5 play off teams, as did Seattle while Washington played 4.

As for the defenses faces, the Colts average defense faces was 18th (17th against the pass and 18th against the run). The Redskins was 19th (19th pass, 18th run) and the Seahawks was 13 (13th pass 16th run).

To take it a step further, by removing the games that were played against the Colts (Seahawks and Redskins, respectively) you get a different set of numbers. Overall defense, Colts opponents gave up 351.67 yards per game (again not including the games against the Colts) which would have ranked 18th. The Redskins gave up 353.49, which would have been ranked 18th as well, but obviously was more than the Colts opps. gave up. While the Seahawks opponents gave up 336.48, which would have been 11th.

Against the run, Colts Opp 121.0 ypg (20th), Washington Opp. 114.52 (15th) and Seattle Opp. 113.68 (also 15th). Against the pass. Colts Opp. 230.67 (20th), Redskins Opp. 238.97 (22nd) and Seattle Opp. 222.81 (12th).

Now this has been a long winded argument about how that even if Luck had less talent on his team than RGIII or Wilson, the competition he was facing wasn't as good (didn't win as much as RGIII's or win as much or have nearly as tough of defenses as Wilson's opponents). In the end, I really just don't see how Luck's season was better than Wilson's at all.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I have one issue with your post, Reggie Wayne, was ranked 21. Way higher then ANYONE RG3, Wilson or Kap had to throw to. and if im not mistaken the 3 didn't have one WR on the list. Kap did have Davis.

(harvin is counted as a seahawk but obviously Wilson didn't have him last year)

I was off by one with my posts yesterday
Lynch was 24 (not 25)

Well for one I thought Wayne was too high.

And secondly it comes down to the fact Luck attempted 627 passes so with that many attempts and Wayne being your best WR it's only natural he's going to have inflated numbers. I mean was targeted 196 times which was tied for second with Brandon Marshall who was another guy that happened to make the list this week.

If you gave Wilson 627 pass attempts and Sidney Rice 196 targets he's likely going to make the list somewhere.